Calling all knitters and other woolly things.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What's everyone working on these days? 🧶 :kitty:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started a cardigan about a week ago. It's by Andrea Mowry, who's a really popular designer on Ravelry. It's very fiddly to start with, because it's not just straightforward ribbing for the band - it changes from 2x1 to 2x2 or 1x2 or 1x1 for however many repeats. Easy once you've got them all on, but that first row is a mark-off-every-stitch doozy! 😄 I'm really enjoying it now I'm up into the cable section, though. I'm happy with the yarn, too. It's a new King Cole line, Big Value Tweed DK - 98% acrylic, 2% viscose. Had to order it online, it's not distributed here yet. That was slightly fraught, because every website's photo of the colour I was after was different (and none of them very accurate). Luckily the real colour is quite good, sort of cafe latte. Not remotely like any koala in the world, despite koala being the colourway's name! :lol:

800FF617-C930-48C6-AC18-CA682456B745.jpeg

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE your Quilting, Binxie! I wish I still had my machine, I would try my hand at it!
I am going to call you "CableGal",catlover! That cardigan looks like fun!

I am finally working on the second sleeve of this pullover sweater..The body is a simple one from Diane Soucy and I incorporated the Mailin stitch pattern by Isabelle Kreamer for the center. The yarn is Cantata (Cascade) and Drops mohair held together. I can't wait to get this done. Next I am going to try an easy colorwork pattern..and then it is a tendon release surgery on Nov. 14. So I am trying to get as much knitting in as I can these 2 weeks before.
IMG_1026.JPG

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
New crafting kit came in yesterday…

I have some potholders from my grandmother made with this technique. It’s accordion folded strips of cloth cut on the bias, held together with crochet stitches in between the folds. You don’t see the flat of the fabric, it stands ”on edge”, so it’s the edges that become the surface. The end product is therefore the thickness of the strips.

They are so awesome; sturdy, thick and washable. I spent years tracking down how they were made, and finally came across this.

IMG_0249.jpeg

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have some potholders from my grandmother made with this technique. It’s accordion folded strips of cloth cut on the bias, held together with crochet stitches in between the folds. You don’t see the flat of the fabric, it stands ”on edge”, so it’s the edges that become the surface. The end product is therefore the thickness of the strips.

They are so awesome; sturdy, thick and washable. I spent years tracking down how they were made, and finally came across this.

View attachment 462681
Wow! Another craft I have never heard of. I see that it is actually considered a form of crochet too! All kinds of mats, rugs, placemats, and potholders..sounds like fun!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE your Quilting, Binxie! I wish I still had my machine, I would try my hand at it!
I am going to call you "CableGal",catlover! That cardigan looks like fun!

I am finally working on the second sleeve of this pullover sweater..The body is a simple one from Diane Soucy and I incorporated the Mailin stitch pattern by Isabelle Kreamer for the center. The yarn is Cantata (Cascade) and Drops mohair held together. I can't wait to get this done. Next I am going to try an easy colorwork pattern..and then it is a tendon release surgery on Nov. 14. So I am trying to get as much knitting in as I can these 2 weeks before.
View attachment 462676
That jumper looks lovely! That’s a really nice effect with the central motif.
Good luck with the surgery. Is it a tendon in your arm?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 462681
How intriguing - I’ve never heard of this before.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That jumper looks lovely! That’s a really nice effect with the central motif.
Good luck with the surgery. Is it a tendon in your arm?
Thank you. As for the hand, it is trigger finger..Tall Man. I had Ring Man done on the same hand several years ago, but now it is getting painful, I am dropping things, and I have had my allotment of shots. Would you believe he wanted to do it in the office w/o sedation? Just cut into the palm and move the tendon over ..no way do I want to be awake for THAT!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had surgery done on my hand without general anesthetic. My hand was numbed up really good, It was done in a hospital OR as an outpatient. They had things draped in a way that I didn't see what was being done.

Just cut into the palm and move the tendon over ..no way do I want to be awake for THAT!