Calling all Cross Stitchers!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

When I learned to cross-stitch, Naomi wanted to learn too. She didn't care for it too much, but had to be doing something like mom, so she developed her own style of needlework. Here's something she designed herself and did herself...she must have been around 8 or 9 at the time...(notice the pink 'flowers' in the windowboxes...they are actually french knots!)....

So sweet, it sits on my bedside table along with lots of other special gifts from my sweethearts

Hilda>^..^<
That is so sweet!! It turned out really good too!!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw that is really nice!!

So I started working on a cross stitch about a month ago... and I haven't touched it in over 2 weeks.
I really need to start working on it again...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought I'd start this up again to ask - does anyone also do Needlepoint? I'm going to have some surgery and I thought I'd stock up a couple projects to work on! I ordered a couple really pretty needlepoint things, plus I've got about 10 UFOs in cross stitch! So, is needlepoint harder, easier, the same? Any experiences?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never done any needle point. What is the difference anyway?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Needlepoint (I think) is done on a canvas-like cloth (think burlap-ish) - larger holes. You only do 1/2 of what a normal cross stitch, and you use yarn instead of thread. You probably had a grandma with a needlepoint chair at some point, LOL.