calling all computer-literate people

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds like its the router to me.
We will need to read the manual on the router and tell to open theports the software needs.

To test it, by pass the router. just hook the computer direct to the dsl modem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

sounds like its the router to me.
We will need to read the manual on the router and tell to open theports the software needs.

To test it, by pass the router. just hook the computer direct to the dsl modem
Ok, sorry it took so long to get back to this, but I just tried that, and it didn't work. I also downloaded the latest version of itunes and I still had the problem.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So you're still able to download from the internet, but just can't access certain sites?

1) can you unplug your router from your cable modem/dsl and plus directly into the modem? If so can you access the sites bypassing the Linksys? If so then its the Linksys Firewall

If not...

2) Also you have both Norton and A squared Free install? Uninstall Norton...you already have a firewall on the linksys. Just completely uninstall it and reboot. Many times if you have 2 anti virus softwares installed they interfere with each other. I've usually seen that it just slows your computer immensly, but it could be a cause. Never, ever have more than one anti-virus installed.