Broken Leg. Help!

danitaielle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just read through your story. I'm so glad to see Thor is doing so well! You're an amazing cat mommy! Your babies are so lucky to have you!

Keep up the good healing Thor!!

suziep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi nikanini, I came across your story as I was looking for help with pressure sores caused by splints. My 6 month old kitten Winnie had a splint on her hind leg the last 4 weeks and finally had it taken off. She now has pressure sores that need to heal. I was wondering if you have any advice or can share your experience with how Thor's pressure sores healed and how long it took. I know it's been over 6 months, is he still doing well and back to his old self? The vet has instructed us to keep Winnie on cage rest an additional 2 weeks. We need to have her in an e-collar and have her hind leg completely free from any bandages so that her sores can heal. We were also told we could apply a Epsom salt soak 2x daily. I'm worried about infection and also concerned with how long it will take for her to get back to normal. She isn't really using her hind leg yet, but the splint only came off today. Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.