Broken Leg. Help!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet looking not-so-little guy you have there! It angers me too that he has to wear that cast. I can't even imagine what I'd do if someone did something like that to my cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikanini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes he's pretty big and he's only 2 years. I love him to death. I want to cause so much harm to my cousin right now. I have to hold back all of my anger. People don't understand cats and dogs and all other animals are like children to the owners. And when your baby is sick, you are sick. I get teary watching him hop around and then sit every few seconds and look around as if he's lost and confused. And sometimes he hops around my room and just cries this sad cry. I think he wants to be with his sister. Sigh. But I don't know if I should let her in. Its only been 3 days. He got injured last Thursday.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it would be ok to let his sister in while you supervise them. Cats seem to know when one isn't feeling well. I'm really mad at your cousin too :(

nikanini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright. I could do that. I think that would help him out some. Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate what you've said and how you've helped me and Thor's lives. I will do what's best for my babies. I just wish it hadn't happened...

nikanini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's crying a lot and trying to play. I think he's bored. I don't know what to do.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Does he like to be brushed? Mine always love that. Also rubbing the top of their heads sends both Paul and Chula into a trance, so that might help.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he like to watch TV at all? That sounds funny but sometimes my cats love to stare at a moving screen.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a sticky on this forum on how to find funding for emergency cat care..

Also I would demand, insist, that your cousin pay for the surgery and aftercare. You cousin was unkind, mean, and all the other stuff that has already been stated. I will not persist and not make you feel worse than you already do.

Please try to find some help for this beautiful kitty..

I think he is in pain. He probably needs some pain meds from the Vet. Is he eating and using the litter box? Those things are very important. If he is not, then you really do need to give him professional Veterinarian care..You would need to take him back to the Vet.. 

I do not want to scare you..but

A poorly healed, deformed leg can lead to so many other problems, and possible amputation in the future...seriously. 

I know you are in a trapped situation and feel so badly for you kitty...

Check out the sticky.

I will try to find it. If I do, I will either try posting it or sending the link...

keep us updated...please.. and ((hugs)))

nikanini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the link! I've read the rules carefully. He's actually on pain meds now. 5 day supply since Thursday. He's OK. I think he's just bored. He has a sister he plays with all the time so, he just sits by the door and calls her to come play. He's only 2 and 1 month years old so he's still a bit rambunctious, even though he's a big fella. And thank you for everything. Thank you all for everything. I've been given a piece of mind knowing that people care and are showing kindness.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the link! I've read the rules carefully. He's actually on pain meds now. 5 day supply since Thursday. He's OK. I think he's just bored. He has a sister he plays with all the time so, he just sits by the door and calls her to come play. He's only 2 and 1 month years old so he's still a bit rambunctious, even though he's a big fella. And thank you for everything. Thank you all for everything. I've been given a piece of mind knowing that people care and are showing kindness.
{{hugs}}

We are definitely here, and will continue to be here. Thinking good thoughts for Thor and his leg!

nikanini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's doing better everyday besides his bouts of when he decides to claw at the rug at the door and scream his head off. It just let's me know he's getting more better. He wants to get out so bad and I feel awful for him. He begins to pant from excitement and hates being alone in the room and I have to watch him because he seems to get so worked up and I don't want him to hit his cast or hurt himself. Thor is quite a handful.

nikanini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes! She's actually with us now. And he seems much calmer. She's eating his food and licking him. I guess he misses being with her. I'm just a little afraid she'll get rough with him cause she is dominant over him and tends to bully him. She only weighs 7 pounds and he's 15. Its hilarious. He's a fat cuddle bear.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's unlikely that he can hurt his leg again since he's already in a cast.  I would let them be together, especially if it helps to raise his spirits.

nikanini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah, you don't think him smacking that cast around and being a Kitty won't hurt him more? I get queasy just looking at him limp walk. It just looks painful. I know cats hide pain so I'm really really careful about him with his sister. I just thought he'd hurt himself.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
How is Thor? I hope he's doing well and not trying to be too active. Give him a scratch behind the ears from me! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

nikanini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Just an update, Thor is doing perfect! He acts like he doesn't even have a cast. His spirit is still there. He loves attention and wants to follow me everywhere and I have to carry him around but my arms get too tired. Cause he's heavy. I think he knows he can get babied. Cause he will stand up on his back paws and touch my leg like pick me up mommy let's walk around. I spoil him too much. ^^ thank you everyone!!! For everything!