Broken Hip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You Denise.... This Thread Is Having A Happy Ending. Yeah!!!! Jj Is The Sweetest Kitty In The World. After All He Has Been Through, He Still Remains Trusting Of Humans. You Would Think He Would Be A Little Stand-off-ish But He Is Not. Love Love Love Is All He Thinks About. And That's A Good Thing. His Spirit Is Strong..

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YOU ARE SO RIGHT RENNY. KARMA GETS YOU EVERY TIME.... AND YA,,,,,,,,JJ'S LIFE IS STARTING OVER AND IT WILL BE THE VERY BEST...

He has a home now........! And I suspect he is going to be fast as lightening on three legs when he learns how to balance good. He could [before surgery] jump up on just about any thing he wanted with three legs. He held the bad leg from the hip and when he landed, that bad leg never touched the surface of what he was jumping on until he was settled in on top of it.

HE WILL BE FINE......

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His remaining legs are long and tall and strong. That is a good thing. I can't wait to see him... I will probalby go visit him in the morning if I can.... And then I'll see him again when I pick him up...

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey,

I also want to say thank you for the people here who contributed to his fund at IMOM. I don't know everyone who did this but without you, JJ would not be recovering now. And I just want to say "thank you"... He can really get well now. This would not have been possible without people helping him and the cost of this expensive surgery

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenn, I'm so happy for JJ, I'm all teary-eyed! It's almost as if he's become a communal cat.

Renny is so right; karma will get whoever hurt your little man, I'm sure of it.
Bet you can't wait 'til you get him home. Hope his healing goes quickly. Big hugs.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jen ..... this is great news that JJ is doing well ...... wishing a continued great recovery and sending many (((((( hugs)))))) to you both ......

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so pleased that he is doing so well, I knew he would. And as for the injustice, please dont beat yourself up about it - my friend did over Pebbles, but it really isn't worth it, you can't do anything about it, so you are best channeling that emotion into getting JJ better.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy for JJ (though a little sad for you and Juan) - you will miss his leg more than he will; you are so right, he is going to be so much better, so much faster - like an athlete who trains with weights, taking them off.

It may not be a perfect life - but whose is? It is a better life, though.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenn, I had a busy day.
Only now am I reading the good news that today is a new beginning for sweet JJ.

Of course sweet JJ remains in my prayers for a quick recovery.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, this is the beginning.......... and soon it will be a new beginning for my whole family. We got the bedroom taped and bedded today. The cabin is finally coming together. Kitty door was cut out too......

I can't wait till JJ is at home in our NEW place...... It will be wonderul... My whole crew is going to love it.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was doing good this afternoon when I checked on him too. I am going to TRY to go see him tomorrow but he is a long way from me and I'm not sure if I can. I know that sounds horrible but both hubby and I are GLAD he is at the vet for a couple days recovering from his surgery with experts taking care of him. I have his new bed ready at home. I fixed the dog crate for him today and put it in our bedroom.

If he had complications here at home, it would be horrible. They do have a 24 hr cat ER but it is close to 50 miles from our house.

So he is in the best place..... And I can't wait to get him here and snuggle him "gently"...... I know he is going to be so sore. I had bone surgery once and it is just horrible. They are giving him two kinds of pain meds to bring home with him and some antibiotics also..

So......... until tomorrow, that's all I know. I am calling first thing in the AM. I miss his meooow. He says mama or that's what it sounds like... [yes, I am a nut]....

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

So......... until tomorrow, that's all I know. I am calling first thing in the AM. I miss his meooow. He says mama or that's what it sounds like... [yes, I am a nut]....
No you are not! You are his mama.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just checked on JJ this morning. He is doing fine. He is already up and trying to get around. He is on lots of pain meds so in addition to this being ackward for him, he is also unsteady due to the meds. So he is falling down a little but he is TRYING already. I knew he would be this way because he is a survivor. He has already proven that.

They also said he spilled his food last night trying to eat, but they anticipate no problem. He will just have to learn how to walk again and develop new balance.

The woman I spoke with saw him personally this morning. She was watching them clean his cage so this is first hand info. Doctor was with a patient so I could not talk to him directly but all vet techs said he was doing good and was right on schedule as expected.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ask the Vet if he can supply some pain patches for when you bring JJ home. That is what they did for my friends kitty when they had to amputate his hind leg due to cancer.

I am so thrilled JJ is already trying
- what a great sign of things to come.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenn...I am so pleased for you and JJ.

Lots of healing vibes are on the way to your amazing boy.