Brody needs a Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I brought him to the beach once, but the sand blows into his bug eyes and he doesn't like that.
poor Brody!! his eyes don't look like this do they

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

poor Brody!! his eyes don't look like this do they
Pretty close!
He is blind in one eye. The vet said he had some sort of protruding eye injury before he came to us.

Thanks for all the great ideas for Brody's birthday.
I am going to keep it open for suggestions until Monday, and then we will vote

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After a great deal of thought, Tanya, I've decided Brody's Birthday should be May 15th for the following reasons...

May is the very special month when Brody became an official member of your family!

Dori's Birthday is October 15th, and both of them should share the 15th of the month just as my girlies share the 27th.

May is a perfect time for Brody to enjoy the great outdoors when you take him out for his celebration because it's beautifully warm and not yet too hot for him to enjoy the sun.

Serenity's and my Birthday are in May, as well.

This date in April is too associated with taxes, and March isn't definitely warm enough, whereas June would be too warm.

Brody's Birthday is May 15th, it's meant to be!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with Stephanie

May is a perfect month for birthdays.... as it is my birthday, and Davidson's birthday is on May 15th as well!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so given all of Brody's details, I also agree with May! It is the perfect month for Brody's birthday. It's beautiful & sunny with lots of flowers in bloom for smelling, but it's not so hot that you can't play ball in the dog park. I think I love Brody, prissy pup & all!!! PS....what kind of breed is Brody? I would guess a frenchie maybe? But it's hard to tell his size from his adorable siggy on the pool float...

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

PS....what kind of breed is Brody? I would guess a frenchie maybe? But it's hard to tell his size from his adorable siggy on the pool float...
Well.. his old vet said he was a Bullnese, but the new vet says a French Bulldog. I do have to disagree with the new vet on this
After researching the Bullnese breed and looking at numerous pictures I really think that is what Brody is.. of course I could be wrong

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my daughter has just "told" me that she would like to ask Brody if he would like to share her birthday - september 12th!

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

You should make his birthday the day he recieves his last heartworm treatment, kinda like a "rebirth" of a new healthy life
I think this idea is brilliant!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well.. his old vet said he was a Bullnese, but the new vet says a French Bulldog. I do have to disagree with the new vet on this
After researching the Bullnese breed and looking at numerous pictures I really think that is what Brody is.. of course I could be wrong
I have never heard of the breed Bullnese, now I'll have to go look it up, I always thought a French Bulldog myself, whatever he is he looks like a purebred, don't you wish he could talk and tell you what happened to him?

ETA: his ears don't look like either a french or a bullnese, they're to pointy to be French and they stick up unlike a Bullnese.... whatever he is he's gotta be the most precious little pup I've ever seen! Sorry to hear about his eye too

murfins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your siggy is fantastic!

Personally, if the vet thinks he's two - is that currently or the age he guesstimated at the time you found him? If I have no idea the age of an animal, then they celebrate their adoption day, otherwise I try to count back however many months they are thought to be and pick a day of that month - I pick randomly.

I LOVE the idea of his birthday being his last heartworm treatment day - a total new beginning - VERY fitting!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I assumed he was a frenchie, cause of his smaller size, the bug eyes, bat ears, and smooshed in face... which happens to be my favorite breed of dog, along with Pomeranians. I almost bought one once.... they are very expensive, if you don't know, you can get them for a little less from a private breeder for $1500-$2000 depending on the line. If you go to a pet store or puppy place they usually want $2600-$3000. Then I thought maybe he is not a pure bred, like maybe one of his parents had a trace of a bullnese or something else in them, cause he does look like he has a little more girth than most frenchies. Either way he is just precious, I would've taken him in in a second! And I loooove that he doesn't go out in the rain. (my pom won't either) I love animals with personality, and being high maintenance is definately a personality trait!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

And I loooove that he doesn't go out in the rain. (my pom won't either) I love animals with personality, and being high maintenance is definately a personality trait!
Would you love it if you had to carry him out into the yard in the pouring down rain with an umbrella, and then had to hold the umbrella over him so he can use the bathroom.... so you get all wet and he doesn't?

I don't really care what breed he is. I always find it amusing that everyone tries so hard to figure it out

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my Max does the same thing!!!
He will plant his butt on the floor and put his front paws in front of him to stop you from shooing him out the door... the worst part is that he's diabetic, and you have to collect his pee twice a day in a little bowl....imagine forcing him out the door, chasing him back to the door, dragging him out to the grass, fighting with the umbrella, and trying to get a small bowl underneath him so you can get a urine sample...all while getting soaked!
Very thankful now that I left him with my parents... I only get to puppy sit when they go to Africa every year! I couldn't keep up with the vet bills or the time it takes to care for his pampered little behind!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you found him thanksgiving... my son was born the day before thanks giving (Nov 21st, 4 1/2 yrs ago) and I went home from the hospital Nov 23rd so I second the motion it be Nov 23rd!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Would you love it if you had to carry him out into the yard in the pouring down rain with an umbrella, and then had to hold the umbrella over him so he can use the bathroom.... so you get all wet and he doesn't?
oh Tanya

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

After a great deal of thought, Tanya, I've decided Brody's Birthday should be May 15th for the following reasons...

May is the very special month when Brody became an official member of your family!

Dori's Birthday is October 15th, and both of them should share the 15th of the month just as my girlies share the 27th.

May is a perfect time for Brody to enjoy the great outdoors when you take him out for his celebration because it's beautifully warm and not yet too hot for him to enjoy the sun.

Serenity's and my Birthday are in May, as well.

This date in April is too associated with taxes, and March isn't definitely warm enough, whereas June would be too warm.

Brody's Birthday is May 15th, it's meant to be!

I was going to suggest May, too, because of Mother's Day (you've become a dog's mom, after all). The 15th would be perfect, since Dori's is also on a
15th.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If anyone else is interested in choosing a date for Brody's birthday, now is the time to do it! The poll opens tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.