Brody needs a Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey guys!

With everything that has been going on with Brody lately and with my big decision to make my home his furrever home, I realized the poor guy doesn't have a birthday! He showed up at my house on Thanksgiving, and I don't want that to be his birthday. He deserves a special day that is all his own. We aren't positive on how old he is, but the vet assumes he is about 2 years old.
So, how do I go about selecting a birthday for my little guy?

I was thinking that you guys could help me
Give me a date and the reason why you feel it should be celebrated as Brody's birthday, and then we can vote on it

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You should make his birthday the day he recieves his last heartworm treatment, kinda like a "rebirth" of a new healthy life

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm.....I use Prego's adoption anniversary, since he's from the HS and I don't know his real birthday. How about the day you decided to keep him furrever? If you can even pick a specific day......

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

You should make his birthday the day he recieves his last heartworm treatment, kinda like a "rebirth" of a new healthy life
I think that's a great day to choose as his birthday. Either that or let him share a Birthday with Paul Stanley, January 20th.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

What about he and Dori sharing a bday?
What makes you think Dori is willing to share her special day with "the dog"?

GREAT suggestions so far. I never would have thought of these, I couldn't think of anything beyond the day he showed up.

Don't forget we are going to vote on it

kittylova

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday.
we make a birthday cake for ower cats and dog.
it is made for cats and dogs. so no cake for me and my hubby and my kid.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh come on, our sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Dori won't share her birthday with her brother??? Ok, well, how about November 23? That's the day you first posted about him to us and let us all fall in love with the sweet little guy.....

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh come on, our sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Dori won't share her birthday with her brother??? Ok, well, how about November 23? That's the day you first posted about him to us and let us all fall in love with the sweet little guy.....
I just read that thread! I kept calling him "the dog"

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like November 23rd too. That just happens to be my mom's birthday. And remember that if you pick a day like the 23rd of November his birthday will sometimes fall on thanksgiving.

Or the day you decided he was "Yours"

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyLova

what about when squirtle found Brody on that day?? his birthday should be on thanksgiving.
She already said she doesn't want his birthday to be on Thanksgiving in her first post

I don't think Dori should have to share
They each deserve their own day.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't know the exact date of Suzy's birth, but we know she and Sam were born in August, so we borrowed my Mum's birthday. We don't know the exact date of Cindy and Fawn's birth, either, but could figure out that it was sometime in May, so we borrowed Rob's Mum's birthday. Have you a special human who would like to share a birthday with him?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think this is a great idea!
I was just telling Susie that LuckyGirl doesn't have a b-day either, the vet's best guess is that she will be 1 sometime in Sept.

I would like to know if you are going to celebrate Brody's b-day? And how? I feel this would help me in guessing a date. Also, what are his favorite activities? Frisbee? Water fun? If so, then I'd definately pick a summer day, where you could take him to a lake or to the beach where he could play in the water. If he likes snow (I had a dog that would catch & eat snow balls!
) then I'd go with winter time... ok, so give us a few more tid-bits and then I'll guess a date!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sometime in the middle of May. That's when you decided he was going to stay.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I think this is a great idea!
I was just telling Susie that LuckyGirl doesn't have a b-day either, the vet's best guess is that she will be 1 sometime in Sept.

I would like to know if you are going to celebrate Brody's b-day? And how? I feel this would help me in guessing a date. Also, what are his favorite activities? Frisbee? Water fun? If so, then I'd definately pick a summer day, where you could take him to a lake or to the beach where he could play in the water. If he likes snow (I had a dog that would catch & eat snow balls!
) then I'd go with winter time... ok, so give us a few more tid-bits and then I'll guess a date!
That is a great question!
I have had Brody for almost 8 months now. During this time I have had to limit his activity due to the heartworms. But I can tell you what I know so far
Brody loves being around people and other animals, so I think he will love the dog park. I think he will have a blast. His breed doesn't do well being in hot weather for long periods, so that will be more of an early spring or late fall activity.
I brought him to the beach once, but the sand blows into his bug eyes and he doesn't like that. He does like floating around in the pool, but doesn't like getting wet. He won't even walk into the yard when it rains
He is a prissy pup

It doesn't snow here, so that can't be taken into consideration.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

What about taking it from the date the vet said Brody was about 2 years old?.
That would be December 3rd, and would make the year 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.