Bras...I hate them

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am 49 years old and fairly well-endowed - you're darned right I wear bras. Not only that but, due to nothing being EXACTLY where it was, 25 years ago, I wear push-up bras. I get mine at Wal-Mart and they cost me about $10 each. They fit well and I look better.

For just schlepping around in T-shirts, I wear sports bras - they do nothing for figure enhancement but, they keep me from flopping and looking ridiculous.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Actually, for any of us bigger girls, I HIGHLY recommend Lane Bryant.
Ahh yes, LB... which used to owned by the same company as VS. Problem with them for some of us... I am a larger CUP size, but my band size is 34. Hell, I'll just say it: I'm a 34G. And no, I don't work as a stripper... I ain't THAT big.

Yes, you saw that right. Now, LB's band sized START at 38. They are designed for all-over bigger girls... not just us with big boobies.

And I'm not gonna gain weight just so I can shop there... I'm trying to LOSE a few...

Last time i set foot in VS and treid on bras, they treid to tell me that my 'sister size' was a 38D. the band was up at my neck, so help me God. not the straps... the BAND. ya know, where the hooks are?

Honestly... if you can find a specialty shop that carries ALL sizes, get fitted there... even if you don't buy from them. They aren't gonna try to cram you into something that isn't right. And VS will do that... as they tried with me. I walked out w/o buying... I knew it wasn't right. Dept stores are almost as bad. Smaller boutique shops... they can fit you right.

This place, which does have shops, but isn't everywhere, has a way on their site to help you locate honest bra fitters. I found a local store through their site... as well as one down in CA when my last one tried killing me with the underwire. I just checked... their locator has something nearly everywhere in the US. Try their site, seriously. For those of you who hate your bra, it's probably becuase it's not the right size. And no, I don't work for them. But they did size me back in Chicago.

back to whatever (trying to combat a headache...)

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nausicaa

Have you tried Frederick's of Hollywood?
Freddies has some of the worst bras out there... yes, some larger sizes, but poorly made... and one of the girls there told me flat out "bras are only supposed to last 3 months'

Yeah, right... and what was SHE smoking?

Amanda

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone besides me were super padded bras that give you an extra cup size? LoL I need suggestions on a new brand that adds a cup.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boobs look better in a bra I think
Just the shape of them I mean..so yes I like bras

Oh, I am talking about with a shirt on..it looks weird without a bra..but topless I am g2g

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've recently had good luck with The Gap's line of Bras. They have a huge variety. Some are wireless. I just checked their website and they also have a decent line of full supports (large sizes). There's a few cotton bras that are kind-of like tank tops that end under your breasts (if you're looking for total comfort).

The coloured bras go on sale everyonce in a while. For example, I recently bought the bra i own in Beige ($35) in Pink on sale for $6.95!

http://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=34524

The comfiest bra I own that I wear around the house is an Elita tank bra (looks like a tank top but ends with an elastic under the breasts).

American Apparel also has comfy pull over tank type bras, but you sometimes fall out of them if you are gardening or cleaning, etc.

http://americanapparel.net/wholesale...y.html?cid=105

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

What I want to know, is no matter what brand or shop has them, why do the As and Bs look cute in most styles and once you get to a C or bigger they just look tacky?
And you cannot support D's in the same lacy fabrics as A/B cups

My bras are not as pretty as I'd like, given that I'm not a A/B but I was fitted correctly so it's not uncomfortable.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with Kenz on VS!
I used to love going there and buying matching panties & bras, but one time I was at the VS and a lady who was a licensed something (corsetelier?) helped me and measured me and showed me where I was going wrong with the straps etc. But the sad thing was that my actual size is not carried by VS.
So now I don't buy them there, and I just loved the way they fit. I really need to wear one, and am not really comfortable AT ALL when I'm not. But I'm with you on the lace and seams and such. So the only kind I like I can find at Kohls.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wear sports bras. they are very comfy imo. I can't stand any other bras!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

And you cannot support D's in the same lacy fabrics as A/B cups

My bras are not as pretty as I'd like, given that I'm not a A/B but I was fitted correctly so it's not uncomfortable.
I swear, try the GAP. Check out the "Silk Plunging Bra" in black with off-white lace trim, in their full support line. It goes up to 38DD.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have a big chest so bras are my best friend.
It is hard to find a good one that fits right though. I even have to wear one to bed or feel uncomfortable....I wear nice soft, comfy ones to bed though.

nausicaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hell, I'll just say it: I'm a 34G. And no, I don't work as a stripper... I ain't THAT big.
Holy mama!

Freddies has some of the worst bras out there... yes, some larger sizes, but poorly made... and one of the girls there told me flat out "bras are only supposed to last 3 months'
Really?
My friend (who's a 38DD, I think) buys all her bras and corsets there.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I couldn't find the quote saying that Freddies says you have to replace your bras after 3 months, but I'm going to comment on this regardless. I had 3 LeBJay minimizer bras for about 8 years. After about 4 years I had them taken in by a seamstress for $6 each. They lasted another 4 years. Now I'm retiring them. They did cost about $60 each, however lasted an eternity!

They would still fit now, if I hadn't recently changed shape ( due to going off BC and perhaps age, losing weight, not sure).

If you want bras to last, don't wash them in the machine. Hand wash only. If they are nylon, they don't have to be washed after each wearing (cotton is different as it's more absorbant of sweat,etc). The less you wash them, the longer you'll have them and the less money you'll dish out.

I'll have to try the IPEX VS bra next time I'm in the states. Sounds comfortable.
I bought a gel bra a few years back from VS and it is hilarious. It makes you at least a full size larger. I wear it for tops that i need to fill out a bit more. I sewed a cat woman costume one year for halloween and made the chest too big. Luckily the Gel bra improved the look, so I didn't have to re-sew.

For those of you who sleep in a bra, the good news is it keeps you looking younger longer, I've heard (decreased sagging and stretch marks). Personally, sleeping in a bra makes my skin curl, but..... I guess there are benefits...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After todays trip to VS, I no longer hate bras!!! I tried a few on & it was amazing how well they fit!! I didn't buy any cuz the ones I liked were $40 a pop, way out of my budget.....but I am gonna order some online!!!

karicassie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean, I can't stand the regular ones, they are 2 tight around my chest, fortuneatly I have small ones so I could get away with not wearing one for a while until I found a sports bra that fit good and was affordable.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

After todays trip to VS, I no longer hate bras!!! I tried a few on & it was amazing how well they fit!! I didn't buy any cuz the ones I liked were $40 a pop, way out of my budget.....but I am gonna order some online!!!
SEE!!! I told you so!
If you get a bra that fits properly, you will love them!

And Natalie- try their PINK collection. (I'm a 34B, not sure your size...) but they are like $28.50 a piece, but look online right now, cuz you can get them for like $15 - they are all on sale and last forever, their PINK collection is great, they are a cotton bra and are amazingly comfortable!

www.victoriassecret.com