Both of my kittys were sick , poor babies ..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't your dogs eat anything?
Oh yeah, my dogs are definitely not picky .. They eat Fromm & Natural Balance and  thankfully never turn down a meal .   I was referring to all  the other stuff that goes along with it  , grooming , medical care , walks , playtime . They sure are a lot more work than cats but TOTALLY  worth it ..

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh yeah, my dogs are definitely not picky .. They eat Fromm & Natural Balance and  thankfully never turn down a meal .   I was referring to all  the other stuff that goes along with it  , grooming , medical care , walks , playtime . They sure are a lot more work than cats but TOTALLY  worth it ..
And walking dogs during Maine winters must be difficult, to say the least!

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And walking dogs during Maine winters must be difficult, to say the least!
Oh it is awful . We live in the boonies so the roads have no sidewalks which makes going for walks dangerous ..

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh it is awful . We live in the boonies so the roads have no sidewalks which makes going for walks dangerous ..
Indeed! I remember this from when I was a kid: we lived in North Norway (the one in Maine!), where the roads were just awful! Plus the winters there were much colder than where I live now, near the coast. I hope you have lots of warm hats and mittens!

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Indeed! I remember this from when I was a kid: we lived in North Norway (the one in Maine!), where the roads were just awful! Plus the winters there were much colder than where I live now, near the coast. I hope you have lots of warm hats and mittens!
Yeah,  I hope the winter is not like last year .  Every storm we got was  no less than 12 inches .. 

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah,  I hope the winter is not like last year .  Every storm we got was  no less than 12 inches .. 
I tend to love winter... but even I'm hoping not to have a repeat of last winter! It went on forever!

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
* UPDATE *

My cats are doing great .. No more issues .. They are still eating the Purina kibble but I have upgraded to Purina Pro Plan Weight Management  .. It has 46% Protein 8% Fat  . They like it a lot .   I don't dare change kibble too drastically for fear they will not eat .. They really hate change .

Some good news , they are eating wet food again ..   I got  a few  cans of Purina One Smartblend Pate  and they like  it . .  No problems from eating it so far .. We just can't get away from Purina products ..  It seems to be all my cats like ... 

Mei Li eats less than 3 oz of wet twice a day ,  Philippe  eats about 9 ozs ( This includes the added hot water ).. 

I give each cat  1/2 of a 3 oz can  and mix in hot water . That is the only way they will eat it . Philippe likes a lot of water in his . I put almost a full can and he laps  it up ..   I think they are both getting plenty water ..

Morning & Afternoon they get the wet , at Night they get the kibble . This schedule seems to work for them ..

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Glad to hear they are doing well and that you have been able to find a wet food that they like and that likes them! I too would be hesitant to make changes, especially right now.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear they are doing well and that you have been able to find a wet food that they like and that likes them! I too would be hesitant to make changes, especially right now.
I agree on all points!

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much ..

cat lady too

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good for you. I fed one of my previous cats different Purina varieties. She got fat (up to 16 lbs.) but never got sick. I put her on a diet and she lost the weight and maintained a healthy weight until she passed at 18 1/2 years old. I still miss her every day and she's been gone almost 8 years. I feed my current cats (6 and 12 yrs.) Purina Pro Plan Focus kibble for Sensative Skin and Stomach and it works well. Maybe, I'll try Purina canned again, too. They didn't like it when I tried it in the past, but if I get one with fish in it, maybe they'll eat it. Worth a try. Thanks for the tip!

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you. I fed one of my previous cats different Purina varieties. She got fat (up to 16 lbs.) but never got sick. I put her on a diet and she lost the weight and maintained a healthy weight until she passed at 18 1/2 years old. I still miss her every day and she's been gone almost 8 years. I feed my current cats (6 and 12 yrs.) Purina Pro Plan Focus kibble for Sensative Skin and Stomach and it works well. Maybe, I'll try Purina canned again, too. They didn't like it when I tried it in the past, but if I get one with fish in it, maybe they'll eat it. Worth a try. Thanks for the tip!
Thank you ..   Purina Pro Plan has two  new Grain Free Dry formulas flavors ..  Chicken or Salmon ..

This is the chicken one .  I  think my cats may like this one .. 

http://www.chewy.com/cat/purina-pro-plan-true-nature-natural/dp/117641