Body Sugaring

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not Linda but...

That's the brand I use. It works well.

The nice thing about the sugaring is that if you make a mistake, just wash it off and go again. It doesn't tear up your skin or make a sticky mess that won't come off without a big effort like wax. Also, clean up on my bathroom counter is a breeze!

Good luck!

C

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

I'm not Linda but...

The nice thing about the sugaring is that if you make a mistake, just wash it off and go again. It doesn't tear up your skin or make a sticky mess that won't come off without a big effort like wax. Also, clean up on my bathroom counter is a breeze!

Good luck!

C
Thanks

Do you agree that the hair needs to be 1/4"?

Can ya tell I want to try it
only prob, I shaved on the weekend

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, you need some hair growth.

I did my eyebrows an hour ago...worked like a charm as usual. I think you will like it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

I'm not Linda but...

Good luck!

C
Yes, and it's very forgiving! If you apply it wrong, you can wash it off and reapply it, unlike with wax if you put it on wrong, you have no choice but to rip it off regardless of whether you are taking a whole eyebrow

I've never heard of that particular brand. If it looks like liquid honey, it should be ok.

I've tried NADS, which is a really thick, sticky, stringy sugar that you apply at room temperature. I absolutely hated it because it was so messy to use and because you couldn't put on a thin enough layer, it was hard to rip the hair out because all that came off with the strip was the sugar.

The first time you use sugar the hair should be about 1/8 to 1/4 inch long. But after that because the hair growing out is tapered, it can be as long as the fuzz on a peach. At least that's the way it is with my homemade one and the Alexandria Body Sugaring.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

The first time you use sugar the hair should be about 1/8 to 1/4 inch long. But after that because the hair growing out is tapered, it can be as long as the fuzz on a peach. At least that's the way it is with my homemade one and the Alexandria Body Sugaring.
K, thanks

Is it weird to be excited and wishing my hair would grow faster LOL

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no patience LMAO.

I was out, and saw the Alexandria sugaring so I picked some up. (I'm not at home, so I couldn't try the other one)

I found some hair that needed removing and gave it a shot.

-
it works well
- I could see some roots with the pulled hair
-very easy to wash off.
- doesn't hurt like was at all

Negatives/Problems

- it was very thick and stringy.... I could get one swipe, then it was very very hard to thin it ( I think it cooled thus becoming thicker and harder????)
- it was a very difficult I found to put it on.

my leg hair is NOT long enough yet, but I did get some that would come off. That's the hair I saw root from... it's only bout 1/8th inch, so I was surprised some came off. Armpit hair: thought it was long enough, thought I got everything the right way (hair growth direction) but alas, failed miserably. I also failed last time I tried to wax my armpits, and ended up with a very sore, rashed, bruised armpit.... at least this time, no side effects, just no hair came off.

Any thoughts? Do you guys keep the container in a pot of water to keep it warm? I microwaved it till it was warm and thinner than when i first opened it. Perhaps I did not get it warm enough....or maybe it needs to have something keeping it warm.

Any thoughts?

All in all, I LIKE it..... and can't wait till I can master it

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow I am going to try this as soon as winter begins and I can afford to wait for my hair to grow long enough to try it. I hate shaving my legs I have to do it every 2-3 days
Even after day 1 my legs are not smooth to the touch....I wonder if my leg hair is so thick that the body sugar won't pick it up though kind of like men's moustache lol..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Negatives/Problems

- it was very thick and stringy.... I could get one swipe, then it was very very hard to thin it ( I think it cooled thus becoming thicker and harder????)
- it was a very difficult I found to put it on.
If you put it on properly it shouldn't be stringy or thick. If it's thick all you will be lifting off is the sugar when you remove the strip. It has to be a really, really thin layer.

Did your sugar come in a roll on container or a jar where you use a tongue depressor stick to apply it? You only need a really, really, really thin layer. If you think it's thin enough, scrape some more off!!!

If you apply the sugar in a really thin layer like instructed, you can actually use that same strip with the sugar and hair removed to press on another part of the leg and remove the hair from that spot too. You can even refresh the strip with the sugar on it by folding the strip in half so the sugar is sandwiched in between, giving it a rub and then opening it up again.

And the skin has to be clean and dry and free of oils and powders.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Oh wow I am going to try this as soon as winter begins and I can afford to wait for my hair to grow long enough to try it. I hate shaving my legs I have to do it every 2-3 days
Even after day 1 my legs are not smooth to the touch....I wonder if my leg hair is so thick that the body sugar won't pick it up though kind of like men's moustache lol..
My leg hair is quite coarse, and like you, within a day, you feel pricklies.... I shave every 2-3 days.... Luckily I'm in the position (aside from right now) that I can let things grow for 3-4 days.

The hairs on my legs ( I just shaved on the weekend, Sunday I think) looked very thick on the cloth.

Worse case scenerio, you waste $15 if it doesn't work.

So far I've tried it on underarms, legs, bikini line and a couple other spots. Underarms was a no....leg hair is slightly too short to get all of em... bikini line worked well...the other spots worked fantasticly.

(the stuff smells good too) IMO