Blood in stool

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Thanks everyone! we have normal poop again!

I don't think Sleeves has been since Friday morning but he probably doesn't have much to pass anyway. Nismo has done 3 big healthy poops! yay!
We are continueing with the antibiotics until the course is finished. I have to say, pilling them is absolutely breaking my heart.
Sleeves is ok, once you manage to prize is mouth open he usually swallows it quite easily. Nismo is a different story. Everytime she sees a towel now she runs scared as I have been wrapping them up to pill them.
I came to work very upset today as she just wouldnt come near me this morning

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Normal poop dance coming right up.

Dexter is easy to pill...
With Sadie, I risk my life when I pill her.
I swear she can read my mind and knows in advance when it time.

Calming vibes are on the way...
not that they will help.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy do I know the heartache of the running-away kitty! Lazlo wouldn't come when called for dinner, and he ran away from me for WEEKS after his course of pills was done with!

On the other hand - it is always SO worth it. They may hate me for a while - but they get better and feel better. You just have to stay focused on that. !!

I am SO glad to hear the good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We were told to remain calm - keep in mind they are like babies...they pick up on your anxiety. Just remember that its for their own good. Maybe after giving them their pills immediately get out a special treat. A little sucking up never hurt :eek:)
Thats just what I did with my Black Beard. He was on meds for almost 3 weeks. The first week and a bit it was twice a day with two pills - man that was hard. Got to the point where the kids were better at giving it cause they didnt' get as upset as I did.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Thanks everyone! we have normal poop again!

I don't think Sleeves has been since Friday morning but he probably doesn't have much to pass anyway. Nismo has done 3 big healthy poops! yay!
We are continueing with the antibiotics until the course is finished. I have to say, pilling them is absolutely breaking my heart.
Sleeves is ok, once you manage to prize is mouth open he usually swallows it quite easily. Nismo is a different story. Everytime she sees a towel now she runs scared as I have been wrapping them up to pill them.
I came to work very upset today as she just wouldnt come near me this morning
Glad to hear they have normal poop again. Don't worry too much about Nismo... she'll come around. Poor little tot.