Bloated cat/ all white /fluid

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batrice

Had to put my baby down.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Same happened to me today. My cat Casper was sent to have an autopsy so I'll know for sure what happened, he wasn't even 3 years old. Had fluid building up in his stomach and had a surgery this morning to see what was causing it because tests didn't give any answers, there were lots of tumors and we decided not to let him get any worse and he was put to sleep.
I'm strongly suspecting a pancreatic cancer, his sister died because of it too just a while ago and the symptoms were similar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

batrice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow so sorry to hear that. I'm lost without knowing the real reason. did everything right I thought. blood tests, ultrasound cat never went out. Anyway thanks for your info do let me know what your baby had and I would be interested why these things do not show up on blood tests or ultrasounds. Does your Dr know why.

batrice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How did you know there were lots of tumors? If tests showed nothing?

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batrice

How did you know there were lots of tumors? If tests showed nothing?
He had a surgery done to see what was in there. An endoscopy was done first but it was useless so they did a surgery and found the tumors, we then decided not to wake him up anymore. The fluid would have just kept building up and he would have ended very sick sooner or later and we didn't want him to go through all that.

He was also sent to have an autopsy, he's from breeding lines so it's very important to know what happened. This already changed few breeders' plans because their breeding cats had to be neutered/spayed 'coz this seems to be genetic. Casper was supposed to be the sire of my first litter.

batrice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well may they rest in peace. I guess beatrices was a tumor? But its just odd ultrasound did not pick it up. Its still bothers me that I do not know for sure. But she's with her brother now and not in pain.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very possible. My Casper is also with her sister now, may they all rest in peace.