Bloated and hard belly, worms ?

Flo.b

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I noticed that my cats belly is bloated and feels hard when I touch it, his anus is also inflamed a bit.
I can’t get him to the vet until a few days but I think he might have worms or is constipated.
I just found a bottle of dewormer , should I give some to him just in case it’s indeed worms ? (the bottle is a bit expired).

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If only a few weeks or a month or so it's probably still ok (most medications don't literally expire on the date of the package) but I'd be concerned about it losing potency let alone you don't know what kind of parasites the kitten may be harboring. Not all dewormers work on all of them.

It also could be constipation or some other health issue so getting over to the vet asap is important since kittens have delicate systems as I'm sure you know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flo.b

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If only a few weeks or a month or so it's probably still ok (most medications don't literally expire on the date of the package) but I'd be concerned about it losing potency let alone you don't know what kind of parasites the kitten may be harboring. Not all dewormers work on all of them.

It also could be constipation or some other health issue so getting over to the vet asap is important since kittens have delicate systems as I'm sure you know.
Sorry I forgot to mention that my cat is actually 7yo. The dewormer is expired since 2020 so I guess it’s useless now…
I’ll try to find new pills tomorrow, if I give him dewormer and he doesn’t have worms it won’t do any harm right ?
This is the best temporary solution I can think of before getting a vet appointment .