Blizzard

carrie640

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Who is on track for this snow storm coming up? For us, it moves in on Friday. Could be anywhere from 6-10" (maybe more according to one weather model). I've also read potential blizzard tag attached to it. I've lived in this state my entire life and I STILL don't like it! LOL

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like Minnesota, or at least my part of it won’t get hit. We had so much snow and such horrible winter last year that I am way over prepared this year, everything from new big snowblower to a barrel of sand in the garage. If the weather keeps in this pattern I might not need it this winter but I most certainly won’t complain.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're supposed to get rain and a few flakes of snow. They are forecasting two very cold days next week. I am in Central Ohio and it seems to be doing what it did last year. Snow goes north and south of us then up the east coast.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Ontario Canada, and we're supposed to get hit starting Friday evening...they're not saying blizzard though...it's just supposed to be a "good" storm.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
NW Ohio, and originally we were told we would get 6 inches or so of snow. Now, an inch of rain tomorrow, high winds, with snow, and sleet moving in on Saturday with 50mph gusts.
Needless to say, I will finish my errands tomorrow and lock myself inside this weekend!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taking a weekend trip to Iowa with my sister and a friend. We leave around noon on Friday. It's a 3 hour drive from the Twin Cities, so we'll arrive around the tail end of it. I might see if they are open to leaving later and give the plows a chance to clear the roads. We're staying in the middle of nowhere, so I'm hoping the roads will actually be cleared.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm taking a weekend trip to Iowa with my sister and a friend. We leave around noon on Friday. It's a 3 hour drive from the Twin Cities, so we'll arrive around the tail end of it. I might see if they are open to leaving later and give the plows a chance to clear the roads. We're staying in the middle of nowhere, so I'm hoping the roads will actually be cleared.
Safe travels MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 !

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering the forcast is for between 8- 12 inches of new snow. For Thursday night through Saturday Morning. Plus your staying in the middle of nowhere . Yes you'll be lucky if the side roads are clear. Just saying.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in central NC, so no snow thankfully. But I have heard that we are supposed to get a worse storm (wind, rain) than we did on Tuesday, so not crazy about that. It's the one that came up the east coast and did a lot of damage along the way. We were fortunate. They measured wind at the airport (which we are not far from) at 69mph. It was rattling our windows, made me a little nervous. Thankfully, it was a fast moving storm. Creek out back did flood, but not too much. It would take a lot to even get up to our deck, so I don't worry about it. We were lucky on Tuesday and didn't lose power (a lot did). I hope that trend continues tomorrow.

My sister in Western PA (snowbelt area) says it's supposed to be rain, snow, wind but not as bad as Friday. Her power went out around noon Tuesday and didn't come back on until around 10 AM Wednesday.

Good luck to all of you, wherever you are. Say safe. Stay off the roads when its bad.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Pack your warm stuff and emergency supplies just in case. Have a good trip.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The temp is dropping a little, and it's WINDY. They said our biggest thing would be wind. Chances of an inch or two of snow on Saturday, but, the wind could produce blizzard conditions. :sigh:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Snow starting Friday, they're predicting 8-12" for us and next week single digit temps with windchills of -24 to -35F. Hello winter! ☃
Wow neely neely , where in general do you live?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering the forcast is for between 8- 12 inches of new snow. For Thursday night through Saturday Morning. Plus your staying in the middle of nowhere . Yes you'll be lucky if the side roads are clear. Just saying.
We're staying in the north east of Iowa kinda near Decorah, so it is looking like that area isn't going to be hit too hard and it will be less by the time we will actually be on the road. We're playing it by ear for now and we'll reevaluate tomorrow if needed. My friend at least has a car with all-wheel drive.

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Who is on track for this snow storm coming up? For us, it moves in on Friday. Could be anywhere from 6-10" (maybe more according to one weather model). I've also read potential blizzard tag attached to it. I've lived in this state my entire life and I STILL don't like it! LOL
Ours is supposed to be 3-5” with high winds but it looks like snow then rain then snow above freezing temps but then all sat into next week its below freezing which is scary only because I have a infant now and never dressed her in the winter for extreme cold yet 😭