Blast from the past. Recognize this doll?

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a Cabbage Patch Doll with a ponytail that grew. You yanked it to make it grow and then squeezed her tummy to make it short again. It was kind of like doing chest compressions on her

Anyone remember Lil Miss Makeup?

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

I remember Sindy dolls like that but not the doll in your pic though ... I am 27 mind you
:
I had a Sindy doll!! Sadly, I don't think I've ever seen the doll that Susan has pictured in the post. She is pretty though.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think that was just a leeeeetle before my time. (I'm 34.) I did have this really cool jointed baby doll, though. She crawled (batteries) or, if you held her hand, walked. She was blond with blue eyes and had on a pink jumper. SOMEONE tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this doll.

EDIT: Never mind, I just found her! Baby That-A-Way. http://www.jackbergsales.com/toys/babythataway.htm That has just tormented me for YEARS; I am at peace now. I <3 the Internet.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm 39 and I had the Chrissy doll. I think she had brown hair and there was button on her back to release or take up the hair. There was also a Barbie head that did something like that (it also came with a makeup kit).

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did anybody have a Mandy doll? She had blond hair, big blue eyes and came wearing a frilly dress with a matching straw hat. She also had a flannel nightgown for evening wear. My nieces still play with mine. She's in good shape except for a pretty raggedy haircut, courtesy of a little me.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

I'm 39 and I had the Chrissy doll. I think she had brown hair and there was button on her back to release or take up the hair. There was also a Barbie head that did something like that (it also came with a makeup kit).
I had the Barbie head! She came with curlers even..... Wow, I am starting to sound like I was real spoiled as a child
.... I wasn't though!

My mother may still have the Chrissy doll at her house. I will have to check. Like everyoen else though, I think I may have given her a haircut!

catnapt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL this is a fun thread
my little sister had one of those dolls with the button to make the ponytail longer- what was her name?
my twin sister had a chatty cathy

guess what i had? bet no one remembers this one, or will admit it if they do! LOL

a "betsy wetsy"

ROFLMAO

yup and she was as good as her word, i mean her name.........

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend has a Betsy Wetsy. I wanted one so badly, I poked holes in one of my dolls, and tried to pour water in with a straw. It didn't work.

My sister wanted a Chatty Cathy, but she got a walking doll instead. She had jointed legs and feet, and you were supposed to hold her hand, and walk with her, and she would walk too. Not battery operated, just mechanical. She didn't work. But she did come in a lovely wedding dress, and had shiny blonde curly hair.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG I had a baby thataway!!! I remember the frilly bottom on her - my goodness I feel so old LOL - Im 29!

I also had a Jem doll with a car - a nice car too! It disappeared one day and I never found it again, mum and I wondered for years what happened, and then a family friend confessed - he and my brother took it to the friend's family farm and set it on fire and watched it go down the hill! That was not a cheap toy! Typical boys!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see the little button crank you are talking about now on Ebay.... It's slowing coming back to me. I cut her pony tail off real short so she had a spiked "do"

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

I've never seen that doll before, but as soon as I clicked on this thread and saw that doll, it scared the mess out of me!
LOL! It LOOKED like the BRIDE of CHUCKY!