Blackberry or Iphone???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I popped in to the T-Mobile store to have a fiddle about with the phones and had a good talk with the assistant, and i'm definitely going with the IPhone

I didn't like the buttons on the Blackberry to start with because they were tiny, and for me it was too wide even though it was a small phone, and i could see me dropping it.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I have a Blackberry Curve for work and I hate it, my boss has one too and hates it.

My personal phone is an Iphone, which I love.

I can't understand why Blackerries get called Crackberries, when everyone I talk to who has one hates it
I love my blackberry. *shrug* I've never had any problems with it. I currently have a Curve, but I can't wait until our contract is up so I can get a Torch.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to have a blackberry, and at the time I thought it was great. However I now have a iphone and am much happier with it. Everything my blackberry could do, my iphone can do 10 times better and usually much faster too. Texting with a touch screen takes a little getting use to, but with a little practice you can text just as fast with a touch screen as with a traditional keypad. I'd go with the iphone.

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love my blackberry, but there IS an app for iPhone that I would love. It essentially is a dynamometer for your car on your iPhone!! It lets you actually tune your car while you have it on jackstands...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my aide @ a former school had a blackberry - it would update itself @ all different times, & she'd be unable to use it for anything during that period. i have no idea if that's something that can be scheduled, or if the newer ones still have that problem - i know it would drive me nuts.
i have an iPhone & i love it.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been talked out of getting an Iphone, and tomorrow my HTC Desire gets delivered!

http://www.navigadget.com/wp-content...htc-desire.jpg

I've never heard of them until recently, but i know a couple of people that has them, one being Ashley(AJ) here on the site.

I found out that HTC are the ones who make Iphone for Apple as well as a couple of other well known brands, so when they saw how popular the Iphone was they jumped on the bandwagon

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

See, that's what puts me off the Iphone because i hate the touch screen. My friends daughter who is much faster than me at texting hates it for exactly the same reason, so that's a plus for the Blackberry.

I've just been told that T-Mobile will match what other providers are offering because after 10 years they said they want to keep me, awwwwwww
I wonder why there's no app that will send a text using the human voice. If I remember correctly, T-Mobile says they're the premier 4G network. What a long thread this is. (Just started reading it today. Sorry if I shared any duplicate information - did not go past post #5)

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're worried about the onscreen keyboard there are several keyboard apps to make it easier for you to type: BlindType (can recognize typos for the words that were intended), SwiftKey (learns from you then can predict what you are typing and will type), ThickerButtons (self explanatory). There's a few sliding keyboard apps and a completely different take on it - 8pen (a friend swears this one is great).

The one thing about android is that it's a phone os with a linux heart (the kernel, and open source), so you have a lot of configurablity and it can be tweaked in several ways.
I suggest you find an android community that lists the basic must have apps. You'll want a better task killer/manager and having a file manager is nice. If you don't like the Sense UI, that can even be changed.

I'm stuck on AT&T here (it's them and service, or someone else and a phone that's only good for a paperweight) so I went with a mid-tier phone running 2.1 that has a keyboard.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One thing I do recommend is about the auto spelling thing it likes to do always double check the word Ive sent some cracking texts haha

The bigger keyboard when you make it horizontal is better though

Ooooooooh go into the market app and look for the wallpapers I got a great one atm its snow covered pine trees and it snows on it to

Anyhow how are you finding it so far?

crash_prone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Iphone wins every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Anyhow how are you finding it so far?
So far it's fab!!!. I'll have a look at the market app tonight for the screensavers, but for ringtones the "Tunee" app has great reviews and their free, so i've just downloaded a few.

Tony at work does his keyboard like you so i might give that a shot, but i reckon this phone is going to be quite popular

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well so far I've downloaded 100 songs oooops lol I've got loads more to download
do you just showed me something new

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

So far it's fab!!!. I'll have a look at the market app tonight for the screensavers, but for ringtones the "Tunee" app has great reviews and their free, so i've just downloaded a few.
i have my cats as my wallpaper on my iPhone!