Black Spots On Cats Ears.

Cat345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two males. Litter mates and 3 years old. Recently I've noticed black spots on their ears. One cat has a bigger patch than the other. They are white and black, mostly white. It doesn't appear to be raised or bumpy or anything but flat. I'm not sure what this is. I've had a cat in the past who developed black spots on his nose could this be a similar thing? They're due to see the vet anyway but I just wondered what this could be, especially since it's affecting both of them.

It appears to be on both sides of their ears too. Ive attached some pictures.
IMG_20190906_162429.jpg
IMG_20190906_162429.jpg
IMG_20190906_162435.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It could be letingo - or dark pigmented spots, which are harmless (probably what your other cat had). However, if your cats are exposed to sun it could be from that as well, and might be something to have checked out by your vet since your cats are mostly white in color.

If your vet accepts pictures, I would send some to them and ask what they think it is.

Mylo07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two males. Litter mates and 3 years old. Recently I've noticed black spots on their ears. One cat has a bigger patch than the other. They are white and black, mostly white. It doesn't appear to be raised or bumpy or anything but flat. I'm not sure what this is. I've had a cat in the past who developed black spots on his nose could this be a similar thing? They're due to see the vet anyway but I just wondered what this could be, especially since it's affecting both of them.

It appears to be on both sides of their ears too. Ive attached some pictures.View attachment 298931 View attachment 298931 View attachment 298932
Hi I have the exact same thing appeared on my pure white cats ear. Did you get a result from the vets?

It appears to be on both sides of their ears too. Ive attached some pictures.View attachment 298931 View attachment 298931 View attachment 298932
Hi I have the exact same thing appeared on my pure white cats ear. Did you find out what it was?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
M Mylo07 - The OP has not been active on this site since 2019, so the odds are poor that you will receive a response. But I do think having that spot checked out by a vet is your best bet, especially since your cat is fair skinned.