birthing box or my lap?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I gave her food and water and she nibbled a little but hasn't left them
She ate surely the placentas, or at least, several of them.  So she werent very hungry, but surely thirsty.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigarladys1st

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Help. last night I put the kittens in the box I set up in my closet. This morning I woke with tigar lady sleeping on me like always . How long can see be away her babies?

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Help. last night I put the kittens in the box I set up in my closet. This morning I woke with tigar lady sleeping on me like always . How long can see be away her babies?

If everything is OK with them and there is decently warmt,, it can be quite long. But hopefully not too often, as that will  limit their total day intake of food.

Good moms tend not to leave them more than a few minutes, but as said - they can manage more.

So, look up with this, but you dont need to panic.   :)

If she continue to wander of for more than some few minutes, consider to having some little heat pad in the nest.   It prolongs the "mom away time endurance for them".

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am guessing it was an early morning "visit" to you that did not last very long. Are the babies in the closet in your bedroom so she can hear them mew?

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@tigarladys1st  at least you are awake for this. Several years ago I woke up on morning to a new litter of babies at the foot of my bed. Momma cat didn't make a noise and I didn't hear a things.