Birthday Boy, Theodore (1st Birthday)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
happy birthday Theodore!!!! :celebrate:

the toy isn't a dud -- he's sitting on the box, isn't he? Can't he have the box????????????????? He did pose sooooooooooo pretty for all the pictures.

some toys need to rest awhile before played with Sweet Gum never plays with a toy before it's been in the house for 9 months. We deal. :bunnydance: by getting excited when she first gets it and ignores it, then getting all excited again when she finally plays with it.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, he is playing with the toy. He came over to get you to play with him with the toy. You can tell he's doing a lot of thinking. Is this is only toy that moves?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually, he is playing with the toy. He came over to get you to play with him with the toy. You can tell he's doing a lot of thinking. Is this is only toy that moves?
he also has the Hexabug toys but he mostly sits and watches them. I end up being the one playing while he watches. LOL He likes to jump into the chair under the table to watch. He can pounce every now and then and then he runs off. Playtime done! I call the toy a dud because it doesn't do what the box says. Box also says it works on carpet. NOPE!

Yes, he is smart! He comes to me when I call and he get excited when I say,"Let's wash your face". He comes right to me. He gets his face washed a couple times a day.

Last edited:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I just gave Theo a bath. He is so good about it. He never stopped purring while in the sink. It did take forever to dry his coat tho. It is really getting thick now! I will post photos once he is completely dry. He is working on his legs and tail now. He hates to have me blow dry his belly so I get as much as I canto dry him. He is just a bit damp in spots. Back in his window now. He was giving me all kinds of kisses while I dry him.

UPDATE: I had to grab him and blow dry some more. He was damper than I thought! He did NOT like me blow drying his coat AGAIN! (I thought you were done!) LOL
His expression says it all. He was upset with the camera being pointed at him after that ordeal. He kept trying to grab it. LOL Such a character! That last photo says it all.

Last edited:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He will be REALLY fluffy once his coat completely dries and gets fluffed back up. With the humidity being higher and his coat thicker, it takes a LOT longer to dry! I am glad I simply jumped into bath-time before I could think my way out of it and procrastinate some more. (It is a BIG job) I am blessed that he is so good about bathing. He purred the whole time he was in the sink!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know Theo's breeds and the other seriously fluffy cats have to be bathed, but I don't know why. Do they have too much fur to cope with themselves? Does it stop the matting? I had a mostly Angora and his fur was a trial to both of us.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think whoever bred for the Angora fur didn't really like cats. I ended up getting my guy shaved every spring - everything except head, legs and tail. He was fine with it, looked like he belonged on Coney Island beach with a cigar.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m eyeing the tiger hair cut has a possible for my mom’s fluffy rag doll mix if she starts overheating this summer. Luckily her hair isn’t as quite long as poor Theo (at least her under coat isn’t)

They have some great hair cuts for fluffy cats now instead of just shaving them. The dragon is edgy and one where they leave the fur long on the mane/head/chest but shave everything else.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know Theo's breeds and the other seriously fluffy cats have to be bathed, but I don't know why. Do they have too much fur to cope with themselves? Does it stop the matting? I had a mostly Angora and his fur was a trial to both of us.
I have bathed Theodore and my last cat, Oliver. I didn't bathe Oliver as much but did a few times over the years. Theodore's coat starts to get harder to manage/comb when it is time to bathe again. They are more prone to matt if not bathed. The comb glides right thru Theo's coat for at least 3 weeks before it starts to pull more. Maybe it is body oils. I am blessed to have a cat that tollerates it very well. he purrs the whole time in the sink and lays in my lap against my body while I blow dry him.

After about 3 weeks or so, his coat on his belly especially starts to clump together. This is my cue to set a bath date.