Bills, bills, bills

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was in the military I got paid once a month.  My ex elected to get a mid month pay but I just kept the once a month pay.  I did the bulk of my grocery shopping at the beginning of the month, always at the commissary because it was much cheaper and it was always very crowded the first few days of the month.  I would keep a running list of things that were getting low or I had ran out of throughout the month and I would stick to my list.  This was many years ago and we had home delivery of milk, juice, cheese and eggs that were delivered weekly and that bill was paid at the end of the month.  I would still have to get a few things at the middle of the month.

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My DH was paid once a month. I was paid per assignment. When we mostly retired, nothing changed. Still get a (pension) cheque once a month. Still get paid per assignment. Being paid once a month is second nature. Bank gets a little low between Christmas and New Years though.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
I pay everything using my banks online bill pay thru an app on my phone. I set the payment when I get the bill. Some are scheduled for a future date but all are scheduled once I get bill, never all at once. The only checks I write are for manicures, haircuts (she works out of her home) or dog groomer who does not take credit cards. I like to pay for stuff with credit card and get triple reward points and pay them in full every month. I never use cash except for small stuff.[emoji]127975[/emoji][emoji]127975[/emoji][emoji]127975[/emoji][emoji]127975[/emoji][emoji]127975[/emoji][emoji]127975[/emoji][emoji]127975[/emoji][emoji]128176[/emoji][emoji]128176[/emoji][emoji]128176[/emoji][emoji]128176[/emoji][emoji]128176[/emoji]

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't do any of the on line payments, I just write the old fashioned checkes. I pay all of my bills at one time.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The mortgage, condo fee, electric and insurance all are automatic debit from my bank account.  I am one of those people who could die and wouldn't be found until the money runs out.  Well....maybe not because my cleaning help comes every two weeks and has a key.  Cable, cleaning help and hair stylist are paid by check. 

And almost forgot medical co-pays and prescriptions are paid by check because I save a copy for tax time.