Best thing to use for carpet *stains*

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Hi frawri, sorry to hear natures miracle isn't working for you, i've been very happy with it. Is there any other product you've found that you like better? If so, please share them with us, i'm always open to suggestions. Have a nice day.
Thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s ok, I just kept asking for help until I found a product that worked for me. I belong to another site, and this is what one of the ladies told me to use. Hydrogen peroxide, dish detergent, and baking soda, depends on how much of an area you have to clean up as to how much you use of each product. I got a plain spray bottle from Wal-Mart, and put 3 cups of Hydrogen peroxide in it, then 2 tsp of dish detergent, (don't use bacterial detergent) and 3 tablespoons of baking soda. Shake it up, and use. It really works great, and I never had any problems with my guys re-marking the area that I cleaned up with this stuff. Mater of fact, I never had another problem with them marking at all.
I hope it works for every one else as well as it has for me. It all in all cost way less then any product they have out there, and works just as good. God bless

Francine

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two chi's, they use Puppy Housebreaking Pads. And we get them from Wal-Mart. We get about 36 of them for 6 something, close to 7 dollars. Works great, and is the best price out there. I have seen others with the same count, and they want 11 dollars and more for them. That to me is insane. LOL

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, if the urine has gotten soaked into the carpet, just using cleaners on it won't work. You'll need to suck it out some how. Bissell makes this tiny little carpet shapooer called the "Spotbot". It's one of those, set on top of the spot you wanna clean, run the program and walk away type gizmos. Kind of expensive but worth it I think (~130$). What I did for really soaked in spots is use boiling hot water, pour onto the spot (don't be too liberal or the urine spot will spread, just enough to soak the spot), and use the handle attachment to suck out all the water. The water dissolves the urine and you can suck out most of it. Just repeat until the water comes out not yellow. And then after that use a enzyme cleaner like Urine-off. The normal spotbot function is pretty nice for vomit or poo accidents.

shadow_kitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need something to clean up vomit. It needs to safe for my cat, and reptiles and also for me. I have asthma so it cant have a very strong chemical smell or vapires.

Any ideas?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stains...a fact of life when living with pets. I just wanted to thank you guys for letting me know about the SpotBot, I just added it to my wedding registry!!!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Etain

I have had very good luck with Woolite Pet Stain Remover. I do not know if it works on urine smell, I've never needed to use it for that, but it does get up the puke stains exceptionally well
I use it for just about every other kind of stain too and it always works well.

I do not care for Resolve, it seems to bleach my carpet without actually removing the stain.

I have also tried using Oxyclean on stains, and while it does remove the stain, I get the same "bleached" effect, a circle that is way, way lighter than the rest of the carpet, and those nasty little granules are left behind and irritating to vaccum up, and I have to scrub way more to lift the stain.

With the Woolite, I just spray it on, rub it gently a couple of times in a circular motion with a paper towel, let it sit and come back later and vacuum it up. It couldn't be easier
I tried the woolite and it's strong doderizer smell is toxic to me as I am senstitive to fragrances. IT is so strong and lasts for days, makes my eyes feel like sand. It didn't get rid of the urine smell either and I am not going to reapply it, I am taking it back. Not recommended fro those that are sensitive to overpowering fragrances.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by frawri

Thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s ok, I just kept asking for help until I found a product that worked for me. I belong to another site, and this is what one of the ladies told me to use. Hydrogen peroxide, dish detergent, and baking soda, depends on how much of an area you have to clean up as to how much you use of each product. I got a plain spray bottle from Wal-Mart, and put 3 cups of Hydrogen peroxide in it, then 2 tsp of dish detergent, (don't use bacterial detergent) and 3 tablespoons of baking soda. Shake it up, and use. It really works great, and I never had any problems with my guys re-marking the area that I cleaned up with this stuff. Mater of fact, I never had another problem with them marking at all.
I hope it works for every one else as well as it has for me. It all in all cost way less then any product they have out there, and works just as good.

Francine
Wish I had read this an hour ago. I just spent 22$ on nok out ordered on line, a quart.

mamasquishy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to say the puppy pads under the litter box would work out to prevent further stains. My mom has had a similar problem. And short of getting new carpet or a steam cleaner,if you are on a budget Wal-Mart has some stuff I think hartz makes it. It is safe to use around animals,(I know from experience) It smells really good, and it works. You can also make your own with all natural ingrediants. I will have to get the formula from my mom.