Best thing to use for carpet *stains*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LeilaLuv

Well, cats know what they can and cannot ingest.
I don't think this is true for all cats...my cat will ingest ANYTHING. She almost died last month because of a plant she ate.

Thanks for the advice though..I will not use tea tree oil for her.

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a silly boy that likes to eat plastic bags. Anything that is a baggy. I have to make certain they are up and out of his way. As for pet stain remover. I kept asking this question also. Some one told me about mixture of hydrogen peroxide, dish detergent, and baking soda. It works great; I had a problem with my guys marking a spot where my dogs were sleeping. Once I put this stuff on there, they never marked it again. It also will take up stains left behind by your pets.

Francine

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OH by the way did any of you know that Natures Miracle isn't really the same stuff that we are use to. I have used the new stuff and was really disappointed, but didn't know that it had changed. I found an article on it. Here is a little blip on it. formerly Nature's Miracle -- don't use the "currently available" Nature's Miracle, because the product was sold and the "original" product is now Petastic. Here is the web site that gives you some pretty good info. http://www.petastic.com/pages/about.html

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by frawri

OH by the way did any of you know that Natures Miracle isn't really the same stuff that we are use to. I have used the new stuff and was really disappointed, but didn't know that it had changed. I found an article on it. Here is a little blip on it. formerly Nature's Miracle -- don't use the "currently available" Nature's Miracle, because the product was sold and the "original" product is now Petastic. Here is the web site that gives you some pretty good info. http://www.petastic.com/pages/about.html
Thanks for the info

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NATURES MIRACLE!!!! - you can get it at petco, petsmart, superpets... it is by far the best product i've ever tried and believe me i've tried a ton of them..

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

NATURES MIRACLE!!!! - you can get it at petco, petsmart, superpets... it is by far the best product i've ever tried and believe me i've tried a ton of them..
I found it to be lacking in how it use to work for me. So when I did mention it, some one told me of petastic. If you still like it, then by all means keep using it. I just wanted to let others know that it has changed.

touro1979

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Simple solution is great stuff and available at Petsmart or online. I bought giant bottle when I got my kitties 2 years ago buit luckily have never used it. they are so good/not one vomit or litterbox accident in 2 years.
Howver my parents cats are Frequent pukers and it works great for them. They have also used it for red wine stains in the carpet.

etain

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had very good luck with Woolite Pet Stain Remover. I do not know if it works on urine smell, I've never needed to use it for that, but it does get up the puke stains exceptionally well
I use it for just about every other kind of stain too and it always works well.

I do not care for Resolve, it seems to bleach my carpet without actually removing the stain.

I have also tried using Oxyclean on stains, and while it does remove the stain, I get the same "bleached" effect, a circle that is way, way lighter than the rest of the carpet, and those nasty little granules are left behind and irritating to vaccum up, and I have to scrub way more to lift the stain.

With the Woolite, I just spray it on, rub it gently a couple of times in a circular motion with a paper towel, let it sit and come back later and vacuum it up. It couldn't be easier

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just became the proud owner of the Bissell SpotBot for which you can buy pet stain and odour remover. It is a deep cleaner that cleans all the way down. I tested it out on some old stains i had (though i couldn't really see them from the surface and it took up so much! I got it mainly because i have an off-white carpet in the living room...and of course that's precisely where Lucky prefers to produce her hair balls and exactly where rambo likes to show me all the cat grass he ate! LOL

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we use natures miracle and found it works the best. we also have a handheld rug shampooer that we use (mainly we just soak the area with water, then use the suction mode) when we clean up vomit.

if your kitty is overshooting the box, you could try doggie piddle pads under the box. we do that and it catches the urine so it doesn't stain the carpet. bonus part is, they are cheap at wal-mart, and just get tossed when they get stained.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry this is kind of off topic, but does anyone know how to get dried paint out of a carpet?? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

we use natures miracle and found it works the best. we also have a handheld rug shampooer that we use (mainly we just soak the area with water, then use the suction mode) when we clean up vomit.

if your kitty is overshooting the box, you could try doggie piddle pads under the box. we do that and it catches the urine so it doesn't stain the carpet. bonus part is, they are cheap at wal-mart, and just get tossed when they get stained.
Are they actually called doggy piddle pads?...I think I will try and find those.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by frawri

I found it to be lacking in how it use to work for me. So when I did mention it, some one told me of petastic. If you still like it, then by all means keep using it. I just wanted to let others know that it has changed.
Hi frawri, sorry to hear natures miracle isn't working for you, i've been very happy with it. Is there any other product you've found that you like better? If so, please share them with us, i'm always open to suggestions. Have a nice day.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Are they actually called doggy piddle pads?...I think I will try and find those.
i think they are officially called "puppy housebreaking pads". i think the ones at wal-mart are better than the arm & hammer ones, because they are bigger. i just buy "ol roy" brand.

sea witch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use two steps...

First thing I do is use this stuff called OUT! that I can get at any grocery store for the odor. For removing the stain, I use Windex. It HAS to be Windex because the generic versions don't work the same way (I already tried..).

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

i think they are officially called "puppy housebreaking pads". i think the ones at wal-mart are better than the arm & hammer ones, because they are bigger. i just buy "ol roy" brand.
Thats awesome, I will totally get some to collect Trouts "overspray".

thanks a bunch!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sea Witch

I use two steps...

First thing I do is use this stuff called OUT! that I can get at any grocery store for the odor. For removing the stain, I use Windex. It HAS to be Windex because the generic versions don't work the same way (I already tried..).
I wouldn't be able to use windex, as my cat would lick it..but I will check out the OUT! stuff. thanks.