Best kitty litter?

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I will add my two cents, I just bought a box of Oko Cat Clumping litter. I've been wanting to try it because the local cat cafe says they use it & there is no odor, they have many cats at their place. They told me the website has a $5 coupon so I went & bought a box. When I'm at the checkout the gal tells me this stuff is amazing, there is no odor even after they poop, some man got a cat because he always hated the litter box smell & this stuff has no smell. So I thought, whatever, everyone has their own opinion.

I dump it into the box, no dust. It's like hamster bedding, really small wood chips. After a couple days I notice that I don't smell anything, I haven't even smelled my cats going poop. Did I mention the litter box is in the same room that I sleep in? Yeah & I've had some breathing issues & with a lot of litters, the dust fills the room & I have to put the sheet over my head until it settles down. Not with this stuff. I don't know what they treat it with but it works!

This brand along with S Wheat Scoop are now in my top two.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

I will add my two cents, I just bought a box of Oko Cat Clumping litter. I've been wanting to try it because the local cat cafe says they use it & there is no odor, they have many cats at their place. They told me the website has a $5 coupon so I went & bought a box. When I'm at the checkout the gal tells me this stuff is amazing, there is no odor even after they poop, some man got a cat because he always hated the litter box smell & this stuff has no smell. So I thought, whatever, everyone has their own opinion.

I dump it into the box, no dust. It's like hamster bedding, really small wood chips. After a couple days I notice that I don't smell anything, I haven't even smelled my cats going poop. Did I mention the litter box is in the same room that I sleep in? Yeah & I've had some breathing issues & with a lot of litters, the dust fills the room & I have to put the sheet over my head until it settles down. Not with this stuff. I don't know what they treat it with but it works!

This brand along with S Wheat Scoop are now in my top two.
Been wondering about this litter. 

Did you get the clumping?  and how is it for tracking?

I am using Dr Elsey's Precious Cat. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm using Precious Cat for longhaired cats (because it's cheap on Chewy and Amazon! ;)). I like it so far. It's not dust-free (they say in the paperwork that crystal litter needs to have some dust to coat the feces to dry them out) but it's not as dusty as some crystal litters. It has a very slight scent, better than the sandy smell of other brands. Plus it has some kind of attractant in it that's reducing the number of accidents from the older cats. So win-win!

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Been wondering about this litter. 

Did you get the clumping?  and how is it for tracking?

I am using Dr Elsey's Precious Cat. 
I don't know about tracking because I have a bath mat right outside the box & the cats jump on that before walking around. One of my cats always has clay litter in her front paws & I would clean them out, there would just be chunks of that stuff & I didn't want her licking it, with this litter, I haven't had anything in her paws.

Yes clumping. I can't remember exactly which one I got, but it definitely said clumping on it. All you can do is try it for yourself. I was totally skeptical & now it's one of my favorites!

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As for Oko Cat, I would suggest a bigger scoop with bigger slots for the litter to fall through. The version I got at least is kind of bigger pieces of litter and it doesn't quite sift through my scoop very well. I have a little mat outside the box too and I have to vacuum it frequently as my boy does track quite a bit out. I do agree that it masks smells VERY well however!

As for my preference, I think I'll go back to corn based litter. I do like World's Best. I know I'm on my way to crazy cat lady status if I find experimenting with different litters a fun experience!