Bengal cat versus tabby

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
100% real. I can shoot a video of it. These are my babies btw, Luie and Lucy. Obviously Lucy has the mark
 Here we dont need hesitate if they are bengals or if they are spotted tabbies!    :)

Although to be entirely honest, I must tell I DID saw a commonly spotted bengal on an Show.   Not much different from a nice spotted tabby, so no rosettes no.   I suspect he wont win any big titles, but he was apparently with all the proper certificates, and the owners found it worth the while to participate in the competition...   Perhaps they were happy with the mark Excellent withouth demanding any big title,  but still I was surprised.

waketong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've got her at Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary. Looks like bengal but unfortunately got a white paws. And I love her the way she are.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I've got her at Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary. Looks like bengal but unfortunately got a white paws. And I love her the way she are.
Do I miss something?  I dont see any pics.

Lisaoconnor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Every cat is unique and beautiful, and this little visitor is no exception! "Rescued" is my favorite "breed", so I never care what niche people try to put a cat into -- as long as the cat is loved and well cared for, that's all I care about.
My own cats are moggies from cat protection but I always get visitors usually look like strays. This one stood out coz of his colours but also is very loud strange vocals lol

Beaep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My uncle is looking at buying a (around 6 months) kitten and wants to know more about identifying markings...As the lady claims it is 3/4 bengal and is $200. Based off these pictures I have no idea, and havent received a side picture yet. She is selling a male for $400 also, and his picture is the one that is obviously bengal. Any help on identification is welcome.

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My uncle is looking at buying a (around 6 months) kitten and wants to know more about identifying markings...As the lady claims it is 3/4 bengal and is $200. Based off these pictures I have no idea, and havent received a side picture yet. She is selling a male for $400 also, and his picture is the one that is obviously bengal. Any help on identification is welcome.
18622684_1571745326189877 is obviously Bengal. The kitten in the other two pictures may or may not have Bengal genes -- hard to tell. I always hope and pray people will adopt from their local shelter, ACC, sanctuary, rescue, or "the street" as every cat is beautiful, lovable, and deserving of a loving permanent home.

Beaep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Both of my cats are strays, the personality is a draw for him and he is hoping she is mixed for that reason. The issue is we dont know if the lady is truthful, or has gotten a dhc to breed with the male--and now that shes deciding not to breed--attempting to make extra money off of the dhc. She claims she is working too much so has changed her mind--and the male has been sold to someone that is having him neutered immediately.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The last pic is definitely a Bengal. The first cat could have some Bengal influence, but it is concerning that you weren't given access a side picture. If you are going to buy a cat, it's advisable to get said cat from a breeder who will provide you with a pedigree, and is breeding with the intention of preserving the breed, instead of *only* focusing on the profit.

Beaep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And that is my concern, that shes profit driven...I realized right off she wasnt concerned about the breed-which is why I am pleased shes decided not to breed them. The area I live in is different as far as people breeding animals goes--they really dont give a fig. I asked for a photo last night, so its possible shes not been able to get back to me. If she sends one Ill update with it. He isnt concerned about bloodline-because he wont be breeding her, I guess the issue is knowing if she is actually 3/4 or just a normal dhc...because if he wants a plain tabby--we would go to the shelter. The personality is the huge factor for him.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
And that is my concern, that shes profit driven...I realized right off she wasnt concerned about the breed-which is why I am pleased shes decided not to breed them. The area I live in is different as far as people breeding animals goes--they really dont give a fig. I asked for a photo last night, so its possible shes not been able to get back to me. If she sends one Ill update with it. He isnt concerned about bloodline-because he wont be breeding her, I guess the issue is knowing if she is actually 3/4 or just a normal dhc...because if he wants a plain tabby--we would go to the shelter. The personality is the huge factor for him.
There are several Bengal rescues... I'll attach the link to one... Bengal Rescue Network