Begging For Advice/help For 2 Kittens

Kitty0619

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Fellow Cat Lovers,

Two kittens that I've rescued this summer has been having horrible eye problems, that makes them look like they've came straight out of a alien/horror film (I will post pics of them both below).
I live in a neighborhood that is infested with low lives who do not get their cats fixed and let their cats breed like the they are going extinct, so I'm fighting an uphill battle of getting them fixed and taking care of them once that "new kitten smell" has worn off. Two of my rescues has started having horrible eye problems, and I have no clue how to help them. I no taking them to the veterinarian would be the best solution, but I'm going to be completely transparent and embarrassingly say that I'm running of fumes in the money department. I just used the last of my available Care Credit limit to take one kitty to the vet for a broken leg, so I'm completely out of funds until payday next Thursday (I only have enough for food and gas). So, do any of you know what I can do for these babies until payday? I have penicillin, but I'm not sure if that's the correct thing to do? And if there is something I can can buy to help their eyes then please tell me and I'll take it out of my gas money to buy it. I've been trying to keep them clean and wiped out but that isn't working.
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps the kitties and myself. Oh, and the pic of the baby with the dirty mouth had just ate so that's just food on his mouth,
20190608_020157.jpg
and I took the pic before I cleaned him up.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I wish I could help, but the type of ointment or drops that might help depend on what is causing the problem. Generally, antibiotic drops/ointment would mostly be for bacterial issues. If this kitten's eye problems are related to something like Feline Herpes, that is a virus and antibiotic treatments may not be of any benefit. Until you get someone to help advise you, it is still a good idea to keep the eye clean and wiped off.

Is it at all possible to send the vet a picture and ask if there is anything you could buy OTC that might help?

I have heard of members using colloidal silver. I have never used it myself, but here is an article on it just so you know what it is and how it is used.

Colloidal Silver for Cats

Also, maybe this article might help you identify what the eye issue is?

7 Tips for Treating Cat Eye Infections | petMD

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my, they need vet care. Terramycin antibiotic eye ointment is available from a vet or over the counter at tractor supply stores and online.

Would your vet let you run a tab and take regular payments? Please ask as these poor babies need immediate attention or they may lose their sight.

Kitty0619 Kitty0619

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, they need vet care. Terramycin antibiotic eye ointment is available from a vet or over the counter at tractor supply stores and online.

Would your vet let you run a tab and take regular payments? Please ask as these poor babies need immediate attention or they may lose their sight.

Kitty0619 Kitty0619
I agree..Needs Vet IMMEDIATELY

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Fellow Cat Lovers,

Two kittens that I've rescued this summer has been having horrible eye problems, that makes them look like they've came straight out of a alien/horror film (I will post pics of them both below).
I live in a neighborhood that is infested with low lives who do not get their cats fixed and let their cats breed like the they are going extinct, so I'm fighting an uphill battle of getting them fixed and taking care of them once that "new kitten smell" has worn off. Two of my rescues has started having horrible eye problems, and I have no clue how to help them. I no taking them to the veterinarian would be the best solution, but I'm going to be completely transparent and embarrassingly say that I'm running of fumes in the money department. I just used the last of my available Care Credit limit to take one kitty to the vet for a broken leg, so I'm completely out of funds until payday next Thursday (I only have enough for food and gas). So, do any of you know what I can do for these babies until payday? I have penicillin, but I'm not sure if that's the correct thing to do? And if there is something I can can buy to help their eyes then please tell me and I'll take it out of my gas money to buy it. I've been trying to keep them clean and wiped out but that isn't working.
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps the kitties and myself. Oh, and the pic of the baby with the dirty mouth had just ate so that's just food on his mouth,View attachment 287976 and I took the pic before I cleaned him up.
If it was me I was use my money for food....to take to vet...my baby boy..I would use my last dime to take my boy to vet..if it was this bad..:petcat::catrub::whitecat::think:these kittens are in bad shape...:(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitty0619

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I'm not being rude to none of you but when I say I have a little money for gas and food I'm talking $20 until next Thursday.... $20.23 to be exact. I dont know a vet in the whole USA that would let me see him for only $20.23. And, if I could find a vet that would let pay for only the eyedrops then there goes my gas money for work and then how could I make money to pay for their food and mine. I am doing allllllll I can do, and I fully understand these babies need to go to the vet but that isnt in the cards for them right now. I have 27 cats under why care right now with my stray cat colony included, and I'm stretched pretty thin right now just providing food, wormer, medical treatment and spaying/neutering. I'm a college student who's husband and parents think that I'm wasting my time and money on these animals, so unfortunately, no help there either.
Thank you to the person who suggested colloidal silver. I have heard of that before and its uses but completely forgot about it. I have a friend at school who is going to let me borrow $25 from her to get it, so I hope it helps until Thursday. And before anyone suggests that I can try borrowing money from my friend to take the babies to the vet, no I can't. I already owe her another $20 for helping with the colony's food last week and shes also a broke college kid.
I swear to you all that I fully understand that what both of these babies need is to go to the vet, and if I could take a little from my gas money to take both babies to the vet then I would, but you cant pinch a penny when you dont even have a penny to pinch.

Kitty0619

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it was me I was use my money for food....to take to vet...my baby boy..I would use my last dime to take my boy to vet..if it was this bad..:petcat::catrub::whitecat::think:these kittens are in bad shape...:(
I have and I would take food out of my mouth just to feed my babies. I love my babies more than myself, so please dont insinuate that I'm keeping money from them for myself. I have $20.23 exactly to my name right now. I have borrowed and pinched and stretched this and stretched that and I've even getting all my pennies and quarters and dimes and nickels and took it to the dang Coin Star at walmart just to get enough money to take my kitty to the vet when she was stepped on. But I'm literally out of allllll options because I've borrowed until I cant borrow anymore, I've stretched this payment and that one until I'm late on majority of all my major bill's, and I've pinched this penny and that one until I have no more pennies to pinch. So, the only option I could see to try and find help for my boys, was to come on here and ask my fellow animal lovers for their help and knowledge. But instead I get told this,If it was me I was use my money for food....to take to vet...my baby boy..I would use my last dime to take my boy to vet..if it was this bad..:petcat::catrub::whitecat::think:these kittens are in bad shape...:([/QUOTE] "

Lady (or man), I would use my very VERY last dime to help my babies. Please dont insinuate that I wouldn't do everything in power to help my babies when you dont know me or my situation.
Thanks to everyone who understands my situation and provides useful advice.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Kitty0619 Kitty0619 :hugs:

The problem is that we, in looking at those photos, see kitten(s) that are really in a very serious and very painful situation and they do need vet care. We are not trying to be judgemental, we are just very worried, like you, about the kittens. It looks to me like an emergency, or they could lose their eyes or worse.
Eye Problems In Cats: What Every Owner Needs To Know

Do you think you could find a vet that could take care of them? You see, many vet clinics can try to take in an animal (e.g. you surrender it to the vets), and then they can actually take the kitten under their care and provide for it medically. And then maybe also find a good, eventual home for it, if all goes well. You asked for advice, and this would be mine, I guess! :hugs: They are very, very sick.
:grouphug2:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agreee with PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws about seeing there is a place that you could surrender the kittens to so they can get help.

If that doesn't work out, if you have any feed stores or pet stores around, call them and find out how much Terramycin is for a tube of ointment.

You can probably call around to rescue shelters/centers and see if they would be willing to provide some to you, or know of someone you could surrender the kittens to for help.

Kitty0619

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

The problem is that we, in looking at those photos, see kitten(s) that are really in a very serious and very painful situation and they do need vet care. We are not trying to be judgemental, we are just very worried, like you, about the kittens. It looks to me like an emergency, or they could lose their eyes or worse.

Do you think you could find a vet that could take care of them? You see, many vet clinics can try to take in an animal (e.g. you surrender it to the vets), and then they can actually take the kitten under their care and provide for it medically. And then maybe also find a good, eventual home for it, if all goes well. You asked for advice, and this would be mine, I guess! :hugs: They are very, very sick.
I have and I would take food out of my mouth just to feed my babies. I love my babies more than myself, so please dont insinuate that I'm keeping money from them for myself. I have $20.23 exactly to my name right now. I have borrowed and pinched and stretched this and stretched that and I've even getting all my pennies and quarters and dimes and nickels and took it to the dang Coin Star at walmart just to get enough money to take my kitty to the vet when she was stepped on. But I'm literally out of allllll options because I've borrowed until I cant borrow anymore, I've stretched this payment and that one until I'm late on majority of all my major bill's, and I've pinched this penny and that one until I have no more pennies to pinch. So, the only option I could see to try and find help for my boys, was to come on here and ask my fellow animal lovers for their help and knowledge. But instead I get told this,If it was me I was use my money for food....to take to vet...my baby boy..I would use my last dime to take my boy to vet..if it was this bad..:petcat::catrub::whitecat::think:these kittens are in bad shape...:(
"

Lady (or man), I would use my very VERY last dime to help my babies. Please dont insinuate that I wouldn't do everything in power to help my babies when you dont know me or my situation.
Thanks to everyone who understands my situation and provides useful advice.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so here be go again with people reading a situation when they have ZERO facts. I am from a little/small dot on the map that has hardly any rescues and zero resources for people like me. The rescues that are around me (which are 5 in a 80 mile radius) are so full right now that they cant take none of my kittens. I do not live in a county with a humane society and the nearest one is a kill shelter so that's a no go. And for your Information, I got the info for some of the rescues from the vets office when I did exactly what you two suggested and went to the vets office asking if they could take any of the kittens I've found and they said NOOOOOO. Now, I did have a vet tech take one of my kittens but that was only because it was an adorable white bobtailed kitten and not because she was trying to help me. So the only option you two have left me with is to throw them outside to fend for theirselves because I'm not good enough? I provide ALLL my babies with a clean, loving home, where they get a roof over their heads, full bellies and majority of the time, adequate medical care. So I repeat, I am doing alllllllllllll I can, and even if you dont think so, I'm doing a damn good job and I'm sure my babies think so also. I'm sure as heck the little gray and white kitten (Moe) thinks so because I found him underneath a trailer 3 weeks ago, so wrapped up in chicken wire and small twine that I thought the chicken wire went through this skin. His little leg had been wrapped up for so long that it was swollen from the blood being cut off, and he was very dehydrated and malnourished. I spent my last Care Credit limit on him at the vet which was $367.78 to be excate. Thank God is leg was broke, but he had to stay overnight at the vet for fluids and for watching. I asked the vet then do you know of anyone who could take this baby and they said no, every rescue is full and told me to post him on a website for rescues once he gets better and off the bottle. About 3 days ago, his eyes and the other kittens eyes started getting infected, but unfortunately I am all out of money at the moment so I turned to the good people of The Cat Site

I hope you both have a wonderful weekend

Last edited by a moderator:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ok, so here be go again with people reading a situation when they have ZERO facts. I am from a little/small dot on the map that has hardly any rescues and zero resources for people like me. The rescues that are around me (which are 5 in a 80 mile radius) are so full right now that they cant take none of my kittens.
None of us know where you live, and we are just trying to help with the little bit of information we have. And, yes, there will always be incorrect - for your situation - suggestions made. I truly believe NO ONE on this site is judging you, they are just not aware - the same for me - of all the details involving your situation.

This is has been a good site - compared to some other cat sites - and if anyone offended you, I apologize.

I don't want you to stop talking to us. Do what you can, the best way you can, and continue to ask questions and give us updates. It is important to all of us once we become involved (even from afar) to know what happens and to give you any support we can, however meek that may be at times.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... I did exactly what you two very condescending and mindless people suggested and went to the vets office asking if they could take any of the kittens I've found and they said NOOOOOO. ...
We had no idea you had already tried to surrender kittens at a vet's office. So, we (you and I) are actually on the same wavelength if you have already tried this. Nobody here was condescending or mindless.

By the way, there was nothing hateful or judgemental in my post.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty0619 Kitty0619 I understand that you're doing your best to clean up the population in a place where people don't give a rats ass about cats, kittens, their health or happiness or the spread of disease, and for that you do have a kind and generous heart. I understand where the situation you're at.
If you can swing it in the near future, L-lysine for cats would be a good thing to use, it's available online and it's not expensive. It's granules, goes in the food, has little taste or odor and cats and kittens accept it readily. A larger tub would last you for quite some time.
Terramyacin ointment is usually available at farm stores. It's a small tube and I think the cost is between $10-15.
These things might not help at all depending on the nature of the infection. But then again, they might. I do think they would benefit from a vet. But I also understand your goal is to help all that you can, and sometimes that costs money that we don't got. And I know that these are NOT "your" kittens that you went an purchased at a pet shop for big bucks, and are now saying you can't afford to vet them. My wife and I have been in that situation many times. No one here means any harm. We really do want to help if we can.
For what it's worth, Baby Girl (my spoiled little girl) had an eye worse than that. The membrane was red, swollen and so covered in hardened gunk the vet didn't even know if she had an eye under that mess. She put her on L-lysine, we washed her eye out daily, and within a few weeks the eye healed, and her eye is 99% perfect with great vision. Not everyone thinks the lysine helps, but after that experience, I don't think it hurts.

Kitty0619

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? Thank you for helping these little souls. If you can't get them to a vety can get the antibiotic drops via amazon
I wanted to publically thank Zed xyzed for his help. He is my boys hero and we owe him immensely. Thank you so much Mr. Eric for your kindness toward my boys.
Where are you located? Thank you for helping these little souls. If you can't get them to a vety can get the antibiotic drops via amazon

Attachments

Kitty0619

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you could get some eye medicine for the little ones. I've rescued lots of feral kittens, eye infections are very common. They can look horrible, but they clear up quickly with proper treatment.

Please keep us posted on how everything goes.

:goodluck:
Kitty0619 Kitty0619 I understand that you're doing your best to clean up the population in a place where people don't give a rats ass about cats, kittens, their health or happiness or the spread of disease, and for that you do have a kind and generous heart. I understand where the situation you're at.
If you can swing it in the near future, L-lysine for cats would be a good thing to use, it's available online and it's not expensive. It's granules, goes in the food, has little taste or odor and cats and kittens accept it readily. A larger tub would last you for quite some time.
Terramyacin ointment is usually available at farm stores. It's a small tube and I think the cost is between $10-15.
These things might not help at all depending on the nature of the infection. But then again, they might. I do think they would benefit from a vet. But I also understand your goal is to help all that you can, and sometimes that costs money that we don't got. And I know that these are NOT "your" kittens that you went an purchased at a pet shop for big bucks, and are now saying you can't afford to vet them. My wife and I have been in that situation many times. No one here means any harm. We really do want to help if we can.
For what it's worth, Baby Girl (my spoiled little girl) had an eye worse than that. The membrane was red, swollen and so covered in hardened gunk the vet didn't even know if she had an eye under that mess. She put her on L-lysine, we washed her eye out daily, and within a few weeks the eye healed, and her eye is 99% perfect with great vision. Not everyone thinks the lysine helps, but after that experience, I don't think it hurts.
Thanks so much for your help. I have the Terramycin ointment thanks to a very kind soul on here, and I can still definitely swing for the L-lysine. I looked it up and it's only $10 with shipping on Chewys so I will order that now (I will gladly take that out of gas and food money like somebody else suggested and that's actually possible to pull out of $20). Do you know if it's ok to give the two medications together? Thanks again for the suggestion