Before i castrate the cat myself...HELP!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

barfight

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, the wine helped. (did anyone think it wouldn't? c'mon...) And thank you for your concern. It is delightful that so many are sympathetic to my plight, and that my plight can bring so many smiles! No, I did not lose my temper with any children, I'm chilled out after a long night of venting, and this evening fashioned a temporary closet-castle for my kitty. He is none too thrilled, but I've yet to add the finishing touches. (Basically, I tacked old sheets up to the walls and put him, his scratching post, his food and litter in there.) Don't worry, it's a sizeable closet, so it's not like he's flopping about in his own waste, unless of course he chooses to which wouldn't surprise me. Anyhow, the meyowling is just as melodious if not more so, but at least I know I won't have any surprise "baptisms" tonight. I am working on selective deafness. Thanks all!!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry but I am laughing like crazy. ...........hahaha

Bless your heart. All this will come back to ya and you will be repaid in a friend for life....

Jenn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

barfight

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
just wanted to drop in to thank all for their support. sweet sir barton is sans testicles, and has been for 8 days. woohoo!! i would have posted sooner, but the night before his big operation (as he was not allowed any food) he chose to snack on the power cord to my laptop. oh yes!! clearly, it was unplugged, the wine and i had been travelling about the apartment looking for a tranquil place. ahhhh, i only wish that i was making this up to make my story sound that much more....hmmm. loss for a word. that much more lavish? i'm not, and either way, we're working the last trickles of testosterone out of his furry little system with plenty of window pawing, bathrobe tiecordthingy chasing, and late night foot attacking. we are happy, and he has met the human boy and successfully banished him to the couch thereby staking his claim. (again)
happily ever after,
barfight and sir barton

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah, I love a happy ending!

Can we assume that the late night baptisms have ceased since Sir Barton ceased to be a he?

Barfight, I hope you stick around this site & keep us updated on Sir Barton's antics, and perhaps favor us with a picture of his Lordship someday.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Barfight, you've kept us all rolling here, what fun you are to have around! We sure hope you stay on so we can all get to know each other better as Sir Barton continues on with his silly antics!

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG I am just reading this today and I am laughing so hard! TY for the laughs I really needed them today.
And you sure have a way with words barfight! Glad he is now fixed and sure hope he stops spraying! We have a female that sprays! my first one in ALL my years of owning cats! never realzied girls did it too, how unlady like. But my 3 yr old let the kitty out about 5 weeks ago when she was in heat and we haven't had a heat since so thinking she is now preggo. So waiting for her to have the kittens wean them then get her spayed and hopefully she won't spray since she only sprayed when in heat...........

please keep us updated.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very glad the kitty has been neutered- this should help stop your problem or at least reduce occurences until he breaks the habit. It was very amusing to read your reactions and interpretations of this event.
Bless you for taking in a stray- your troubles have meant something meaningful to a living creature, and he'll be forever grateful!
Hahaha. . .I can picture you as a writer- just the way you use words is great!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by barfight

just wanted to drop in to thank all for their support. sweet sir barton is sans testicles, and has been for 8 days. woohoo!! i would have posted sooner, but the night before his big operation (as he was not allowed any food) he chose to snack on the power cord to my laptop. oh yes!! clearly, it was unplugged, the wine and i had been travelling about the apartment looking for a tranquil place. ahhhh, i only wish that i was making this up to make my story sound that much more....hmmm. loss for a word. that much more lavish? i'm not, and either way, we're working the last trickles of testosterone out of his furry little system with plenty of window pawing, bathrobe tiecordthingy chasing, and late night foot attacking. we are happy, and he has met the human boy and successfully banished him to the couch thereby staking his claim. (again)
happily ever after,
barfight and sir barton
Excellent news...and if sir barton seems depressed sans his ummm...privates...you could get him some neuticles (implants)...if only I was joking:

http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html

Katie

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If he is still spraying, and he might be, you can line the walls with bubble wrap. I am serious, this causes the spray to bounce off the plastic and hit him in the rump. They do not like this. Also provide him with a larger than average litter pan- another trip to wal-mart should do the trick, purchase an under the bed container the type you store blankets or sweaters in- use both of these for his litter pan. One small normal size litter pan ain't gonna cut it

also check out this handy gadget www.sprayalert.com works great, warns you right when they spray and startles them to think about spraying- the alarm is a bit loud.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy! This was a very fun thread to read!

Mary Anne, I had no ideat that bubble wrap sent the spray back at them! See all the interesting things I've learned here?

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I laughed so hard reading this!!! Ah, the joys of testosterone! Of course, it was also very informative since I have a rambunctious 12 week old little boy who wil be coming into his own before I know it
. I just hope he doesn't start spraying before he's 6 mo old and he can be neutered.

Jo

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

I laughed so hard reading this!!! Ah, the joys of testosterone! Of course, it was also very informative since I have a rambunctious 12 week old little boy who wil be coming into his own before I know it
. I just hope he doesn't start spraying before he's 6 mo old and he can be neutered.

Jo
Jo...you may want to ask around...cats can be spayed/neutered prior to 6 months....I had my male fixed at 5 months 9 years ago. Now there are a lot more clinics that will spay/neuter as early as 2 months.

Katie

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Jo...you may want to ask around...cats can be spayed/neutered prior to 6 months....I had my male fixed at 5 months 9 years ago. Now there are a lot more clinics that will spay/neuter as early as 2 months.

Katie
That's what I always thought too! I like the vet clinic that we go to, but depending on which vet I talk to, I get a different answer
. Its very irritating, but like I said I really like our vet's. They are really good with the cats, especially Petunia who is exceedingly shy. Thank you though. I will keep trying to get them to neuter him earlier.

Jo

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread is hysterical!!! lol it had me cracking up. Also a little side note for
Pipersjo- kittens can be neutered/spayed when they reach 2-3 lbs...if a vet wants you to wait 6 months, i'd find another one. I work with TNR's around the city and rescue all the time- so we start spay/ neuters as young as 2-3 lbs if the kitten is healthy and properly nourished....we have never had a negative effect from altering a kitty at such a young age- and the plus side is that they are altared and will not learn those bad, aggressive behaviors they would have when they reach maturity. There are a lot of low-cost spay neuter clinics around the us...i suggest using one of them or a shelter vet...because they do the best job. When you think about it, all shelter vets do during the day is spay neuters and euthanizia....so they have more experience with spays and neuteres than a normal vet does....this means the incisions are usually smaller, and their are usually less complications. Some vets give the kitties a pain killer afterwards, and some do not, because if a little kitty is numb, it might not feel the incision and unmeaningly hurt itself when it is playing around. Eithor way, i do recommend you buy an E-Collar ( they can be purchased at local petstores.) They prevent the kitty from chewing and pulling at stitches...even males need one too. The E-Collars can be secured from the kitty pulling them off by zip tying them to the kitty's regular collar. There are grooves at the bottom of E-collars to tie the e-collar to the regular collar....this prevents the kitty from taking off the E-collar. Please remember that if you use one, to raise the kitty's food and water dishes so that they can reach them with the collar on. Hope that helps! Have a good one.