Beasley is missing!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sanctie

Oh I would be so ANGRY!!! Accident or no accident,,they are responsible and should aid in helping you find that little girl!!!!!!!I would leave fliers on EVERY apt. door!!!Good luck!!!!
Yes, I agree. You need to make the propery manager help you: whether it be making fliers, copying fliers, posting fliers, calling all the vets, pet stores, and shelters in the area, he/she is clearly responsible.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would put a picture of her up on your door. Did you check with the neighbors??. Was the maintenance man carrying anything? I don't know if you live on a ground floor or higher. I kitten in an apartment complex that didn't get outside hopefully would be easy to find. Is she friendly that someone could pick her up?? I hope she comes home to you soon.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Shawn, I am so sorry to hear this!!! I hope she comes home safe and sound VERY soon. I can't believe the maintenance man was let in and could be so careless. Makes me angry too.

Please keep up posted on your findings.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so worried about little Beasley! Shawn, please keep us updated with what's going on. I'm praying lots for this little girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emma petersen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was under a car in the apartment complex behind me. She had blood on the scruff of her poor lil neck and oil and dirt everywhere. I went straight from there to the vets. And fortunately they had a cancellation. Basically the vet said she was not hurt, just had a slight puncture wound on her neck. So from what the vet is saying Bease was in heat and got out. Which is total BS! If she was in heat why would she need to get out? I may be a little naive when it comes to cats but why go out when you have a male cat in the house with you! So if she is in heat we can have everything taken care of, right? NOPE! The vet still refused to spay her until she is six months. He said he didnt know if her organs are big enough! I am so angry! With myself, with the maintenance man, with the vet! I made an appointment with a vet 30 miles away who will spay her at four months. I yelled at my friend because we were talking and she jokingly called me a kitty murderer! Grrrr!
I feel like I totally let Beasley down.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was not your fault that she got out. It was the maintenence man's. You obviously care a great deal about her. You are NOT a kitty murderer. You are doing what is best for your baby.
I was glad to check back again and see tht she had been found and was ok.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found her.

Cats will do absolutely anything to get out of the house when they are in heat, take it from me - I'm a breeder and my cats live in the house. I also work part time as a local cattery hand and I had a cat in heat escape on me on Monday and it took us many hours to get her inside. Please get Bease fixed asap!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops sorry just reread your post and read that the vet refuses to get her spayed!
That's a bummer, we get ours spayed at four-five months old! Sorry.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you found her!

Poor little girl - her hormones took over & led her astray.

It's good you found another vet willing to spay her now...that's so important - I can't see how the vet could think spaying her when she's this young will be hard on her - certainly not as hard on her as having a litter of kittens at that age would be!

I'm glad she's OK, and home safe with you now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emma petersen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Krazy Kat but in a way this is my fault. A friend told me her kitten went into heat at four months and I just scoffed at her! I totally should have believed her. I dont understand why if there is a possiblilty of a kitten going into early heat why a vet will not fix her early. It makes no sense to me.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shawn,

You have plenty of reason to be angry with your vet and your maintenance man. First of all, if your vet doesn't want to spay until 6 months maybe that's because he's not skilled enough of a surgeon to do the procedure when the cat is smaller. Frankly, I would not want such a vet working on my cat even if she were 1 year old. He's plan flat wrong that you are not supposed to spay before 6 months. All the studies show that it is fine, and even preferrable for the cat's safety, to do so.

Secondly, I would make a HUGE fuss with the property manager over this AND I would make him pay the vet bill. I would be mightily upset if a maintenance man came into my apartment without prior approval or warning.

BTW, You'll need to look out for that puncture wound to make sure it doesn't turn into an abscess. Ask your new vet about it because I'm not too fond of your current one.

Anyway, I'm SOOOOOO relieved that Miss Beasley is back home where she belongs. Thank God!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The maintenance man "accidently" went in to your apartment!!!!!

1. Find out why?

2. I don't know about where you are but before we bought our own property when we got married we rented and they had to give us notice if they needed entry!.

Don't blame yourself for this!, it's the maintenance man who's at fault!, the plank!!!.

Dont let this lie whatever you do!. The maintenance mans already gained entry and let one cat out without your knowledge until you enquired!, it could happen again only next time both of them could run out!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you found her. A cat who goes into heat-well the signs are pretty obvious-the vet should be give you a definitive answer answer stating yes she was in heat. I do know from vast experience with females in heat-they yowl, become super affectionate, do disgusting body movements. If you had an unnuetered male-he would also let you know!! Watch the puncture wound-keep clean and put antibiotic cream on it.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad Beasely is back home safe and relatively sound.

It is not your fault. Some cats do go into "silent heat" where although their bodies are in heat they don't show the typical signs. It's not uncommon for this to happen with very young cats where the hormones aren't going nearly as strong as in older females.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. I'm just glad that you found her.

Many vets feel that they should wait until six months. I don't think it's all that uncommon. I'm glad you found someone who would spay sooner. Did someone refer you to this new vet?

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shawn90801

She was under a car in the apartment complex behind me. She had blood on the scruff of her poor lil neck and oil and dirt everywhere. I went straight from there to the vets. And fortunately they had a cancellation. Basically the vet said she was not hurt, just had a slight puncture wound on her neck. So from what the vet is saying Bease was in heat and got out. Which is total BS! If she was in heat why would she need to get out? I may be a little naive when it comes to cats but why go out when you have a male cat in the house with you! So if she is in heat we can have everything taken care of, right? NOPE! The vet still refused to spay her until she is six months. He said he didnt know if her organs are big enough! I am so angry! With myself, with the maintenance man, with the vet! I made an appointment with a vet 30 miles away who will spay her at four months. I yelled at my friend because we were talking and she jokingly called me a kitty murderer! Grrrr!
I feel like I totally let Beasley down.
I'm so glad you found her! Poor Bease... please don't be mad at yourself! You were so great to find her, to take her to the vet, and to be such a great momma to her! I would agree with what someone said, definitely find out what the maintenance man was doing in your apartment - most contracts state he can't enter without notice (unless an emergency). Also, about getting her spayed - I would definitely find a vet to do it soon... Baylee was 3 and a half months when she was spayed and the vet even suggested early spaying so there are vets that will do it, no problem.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so thrilled Beasley is home safe and sound, Shawn!
I agree with what has been said. This is absolutely not your fault, and steps must be taken to prevent this from ever happening again. I hope you will address this with your property manager so that you are notified in advance if entry into your home is ever required. That should be your right as a tenant and should be clearly respected. I've made a huge deal to my realty agency about this and would become absolutely enraged if my rights were ever violated putting Sierra at risk. I also have a sign on my door clearly stating Sierra is an indoor cat only and very skittish and that noone is to enter except in the case of an emergency without my presence. Wonder if you would want to consider a sign such as this as an extra precaution?