Bear is at the vet. He's very sick, liver looks horrible.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vibes and prayers for Bear and his Mom. I had to give fluids to one of my cats for kidney disease, and I HATE needles. Simon was so calm, he just laid there and purred; you and Bear should do just fine!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much everyone, your support means alot to both of us!

He threw up a little today, but not too much. And his jaundice is a tiny bit better today too!!! Which would mean that his bilirubin has come down some since yesterday! I wonder if it is because of the Amox, Fluids, new liver food, or just because.

After I get done feeding him I let him go and he pauses (facing the cage, butt towards me) so I can pet him a couple times, then he goes in the cage all by himself. WELL today, he didn't just pause, he actually turned around and looked at me like "come on, I want more lovins!"
So I think he feels a little better.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is his setup:

He's in there so I can see if he drinks/eats/ect and so the other cats wont try to play with him. He does not want out so far, in fact he gets in it himself when I get done feeding him. The notebook is so I can keep his medicne schedule right, and so I can write down if he vomits/keeps food down. This way I can see what works and what doesn't.

That is the carrier he stays in, he only gets out of it to pee-then he goes back in it and sleeps. He sleeps almost nonstop.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't normally lurk in the Health Forum I just got caught up in the news of your Bear. I'm glad he is doing better. It's because he has a Meowmy that loves him very much
Continued Get Well wishes!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the photo you posted of Bear.

Feel better sweet boy.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, it does mean alot to us.

Just fed him and he did not barf! And he didn't spit out as much food as usual. He has good days and bad days.

I got a couple cell phone pics of him just now:

Not feeling too good, wants back in crate...

"You is letting me in the crate, right?"

In the crate, hoovering over the water bowl. He didn't drink, but he did keep all the food down.

I pray that his Bilirubin goes down by Monday.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending vibes that Bear's labs will give you the numbers you are hoping for on Monday.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks brighter and more interested in life, doesn't he? he's such a beautiful boy. I have a black male too - but your Bear is just gorgeous. Good wishes to you both - and he's so lucky to have you at his back.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a tinyyy bit more alert than he was several days ago. Meaning, when I talk to him and say silly kitty things to him, he looks at me with that spark in his eyes and listens. And he likes me to pet him a little more than he did days ago.

He is doing about the same today.

I saw a very good website this morning about his illness, I am going to dig it up and post it for those interested.

Everyones support means the world to me right now. Some days I wonder if I am doing right by Bear... But he still has that spark, that drive to live. As long as he has that, I will do whatever he needs to get well.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing the right thing.
I did not give up on Coco in 2001 when she was very sick and I was told she did not have a very good chance.
She is my cat that has CRF and high bp now.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

You are doing the right thing.
I did not give up on Coco in 2001 when she was very sick and I was told she did not have a very good chance.
She is my cat that has CRF and high bp now.
Thanks

What was wrong with Coco in 2001? She is such a strong little kitty!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had been 10 pounds and was down to 4 pounds and her fur was falling out.
She would fall over when she tried to walk and would just lay there.
They did so many tests and her blood sugar was very high.
She had severe anemia and they thought diabetes.
It turned out to be fia.
She stayed at the er for a few days then my vet for a week.
She also had many infections.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, poor girl! She's been through alot! I never heard of fia, just looked it up.

Bear is a little wobbly when he walks too (since I got him back from the er visit), it's probably because their liver/panc causes their stomach to be sore.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope something will help him.
Coco was given 5 months to live in Jan 2009.
I dread the kidney tests she has to get soon.
What time is the vet on monday?

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel, I am so scared every time we go that his levels will come back bad. I hate sitting there waiting, worrying.

Yeah, when I asked the vet what Bears chances are he said "it could honestly could go either way, but if we can get the levels closer to normal then Bears chances are much better."

My vet doesn't do appts (except surgery), it's all walk-ins. They see the most cirtical pets first though, so I have to wait a while, lol. I will update FB soon as we leave the vets, I would update here but my cell phone doesn't like TCS.