Bea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, they do. But there's no money to afford canned food enough to feed it to her 2x a day. So if she want it I'll have to pay for it.....and so far she's not eating any dry food & wasn't at the shelter.

So far, she hates the other cats, & absolutely hates the dogs.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh... leave it to a tortie to be stuck up abour food.
I bet she hated the shelter more than your animals... if not she'll learn quick I bet.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's banana-o-rama!!! Pics first, video once it uploads!

She was using her paws. She even chomped on my hand when I tried to take it away. These are pics from last night & tonight....random ones.

Just chillin

I tossed a feather trying to get her to play & it stuck in her fur

Licking the "damaged goods"

Her eyes

Really liking a good chin scratch!

Banana video uploading....give it time....

Here is the catnip banana video!!

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/twtich1/Bea/?action=view&current=Bea042.flv

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, such a lovely girl, and she really is looking more relaxed. I don't think I'm looking through rose-coloured glasses -- she does seem to be responding to her new, much more accommodating situation.
Thanks for loving her too much to give up, Nat.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I imagine behind those beautiful eyes Bea has learned to expect trauma and pain.

You are an angel for taking her in and changing that.
Bea has a chance now.
Even with attitude, she is precious.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good Luck with Bea
I continue to pray that she recovers well from her surgery and goes on to a happy life and forgets all the pain she's went through!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I pinned down her LB issues. She peed down the side of the box. It's a huge, low sided one. She stands weird when she pees.

A trip to Wal Mart for a high sided box is my next step.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is one of the most beautiful cats I have seen in a long time. How could anyone be cruel to or abandon such a darling? I do hope her recovery is quick.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is so beautiful.
I read the thread on her re-declaw surgery and couldn't post anything - I was and am so angry that someone would do this (the original botched declaw) to her. You on the other hand are an
for taking her in, fostering her and working with her during her recovery.

for Bea.

I love the banana video. If she can play then she's definately doing better.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I pinned down her LB issues. She peed down the side of the box. It's a huge, low sided one. She stands weird when she pees.

A trip to Wal Mart for a high sided box is my next step.
Does she stand up when she pees? Nabu does that, so we use sterilite tubs that are really really tall. With regular boxes he will pee on the wall.

Bea is a beautiful kitty.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh....my.......gosh. She is a beauty. So wonderful of you to be taking such good care of her.

I love the feather on her head.
She could walk down the catwalk during Fashion Week. Very stylish!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought, HOW could I miss that you were fostering another cat - but this is the declaw kitty you were telling us about right?

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww, Bea is gorgeous!!
And looking quite relaxed now. Poor girl has been through so much.
Bless her heart; and bless you Natalie, for taking care of her.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

I thought, HOW could I miss that you were fostering another cat - but this is the declaw kitty you were telling us about right?
Yes, that's her.

Originally Posted by littleraven7726

Does she stand up when she pees? Nabu does that, so we use sterilite tubs that are really really tall. With regular boxes he will pee on the wall.

Bea is a beautiful kitty.
I thought about that, but she can't comfortably get up on my bed without a wince or a cry. So, I don't want to jump to a rubbermaid tub. She's a "standing pee-er" just like my Twitch is. I've had success with Twitch & rubbermaid tubs. For now, I just got a tall sided LARGE litterbox. As her feet heal, we'll upgrade.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I thought about that, but she can't comfortably get up on my bed without a wince or a cry. So, I don't want to jump to a rubbermaid tub. She's a "standing pee-er" just like my Twitch is. I've had success with Twitch & rubbermaid tubs. For now, I just got a tall sided LARGE litterbox. As her feet heal, we'll upgrade.
Oh, my cats don't jump in. I have an entrance cut in. There's no way Raven could have jumped into a litter box the last few months he was with us. Here's a picture.

The nice thing is you can cut it as low as you want. Our current ones are cut lower than this one because of Raven's abilities with the cancer. Some days he really didn't move well at all.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahhhh.....I never thought about cutting it down! She's in a large dog crate (big enough for my 90# dog) for the most part right now. I have to keep my bedroom door open or the temp. is either frigid or a sauna sometimes. So, she's crated for about 10 hours a day. I might do the "normal" LB in the crate & a homemade one outside of it!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Nat - she looks like she's doing a lot better than I expected!

You are truly wonderful for giving her a place to recuperate.

...and greasy fur, mats and dandruff and all, she is a beautiful girl.

And she may have attitude - she has reason to fear and distrust, she's known a lot of pain - but watching her play with the banana was too cute. She really looked happy, Nat. Because of you, there is hope for Bea.

Laurie

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She'll have a reason to be really mad in a little bit --- I think she's getting a bath tonight! She peed on herself today.....I know this because I can now smell it.
(She made a trip to the shelter, then she spent 1.5 hours sitting in a carrier in my car with me waiting for dad to come rescue me & get us home as my steering went out).

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

She'll have a reason to be really pissed in a little bit --- I think she's getting a bath tonight! She peed on herself today.....I know this because I can now smell it.
(She made a trip to the shelter, then she spent 1.5 hours sitting in a carrier in my car with me waiting for dad to come rescue me & get us home as my steering went out).
Oh no! The steering on your car went out?

That's just not fair.

Sending vibes that Bea's bath went without incident.