Bayley

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thanks so much! Those meds really are helping A LOT!! I'm so glad too, because I know he's not in pain anymore... AND, that also means that we're one step closer to NOT having to have my little guy declawed

But so far, just one day at a time!
YAY BAYLEY! I'm surprised the ear drops bothered him - it just wasn't an issue with Flowerbelle. That was the easy part with her! But boiled chicken is a GREAT incentive.

Still sending the same vibes as Harley to Bayley: "heal well and completely Bayley" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we found another claw thats falling off

I'm gonna have to call the vet tomorrow to see if we'll have to come in to have him remove it

He doesnt' seem like he's in pain- he's running, playing, normal kitten behaviour tho...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kenz, maybe you mentions this earlier and I missed it but does the vet know why Bayley is having this claw problem?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Kenz, maybe you mentions this earlier and I missed it but does the vet know why Bayley is having this claw problem?
The vet says that he has an infection

When tehy removed the claws that he was having problems w/ last week, there was a lot of puss underneath them

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Bayley! If you take him in to have this claw removed, make sure the vet thoroughly checks out all his other claws to see if any of coming off.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Poor Bayley! If you take him in to have this claw removed, make sure the vet thoroughly checks out all his other claws to see if any of coming off.
They checked all of them on Wednesday when we were there too. Poor baby
I feel so bad for him, but at least he's getting it taken care of now, and he's not in the shelter not being taken care of

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

They checked all of them on Wednesday when we were there too. Poor baby
I feel so bad for him, but at least he's getting it taken care of now, and he's not in the shelter not being taken care of
Poor baby.

You are taking excellent care of him.
Both you and Bayley continue in my prayers.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, the poor little guy. He must be so stressed...thankfully you adopted him or else who knows when he would have been treated.

Sending more vibes for him{{{{
}}}}

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! Kenz!!! I had no idea. I feel so bad this was going on and I didn't know. please let us know how it's going. I've not heard of anything like that, but I am going to go research it. Give Bayley lots of hugs for us!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I had no idea this was going on. I read a post in another thread that he was doing good. I never checked this thread again. I am sorry your and Bayley are going threw this. I would be SOOOOO made at the HS. I would demand they cover all costs.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, its been awhile since I've updated you all on how Bayley is doing

His claw infection has been cleared up for a good 2 weeks now- no problems w/ any of them falling out, or being sore and infected!!
He's finished with his medication, (thank goodness!!) and he's been a happy healthy little bugger, and we're so happy to see it cleared up!

He's still got some sores from where he had a reaction to his collar back @ the HS- but when I talked to the vet, he said it could still flare up every now and again, kind of like a rash, or eczema. So we're keeping an eye on it, but we're glad because he hasn't been itching/scratching at his neck so often, which is great!

Thats all from us for now, I'm hoping I'll not have to update about his claws again, since I HOPE
they are cleared up w/ that darn infection FOR GOOD!!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So good to hear that Bayley is doing well. he's such a lucky boy to have a meowmie like you to take care of him. Hugs to all.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jean44

So good to hear that Bayley is doing well. he's such a lucky boy to have a meowmie like you to take care of him. Hugs to all.
You know, sometimes I wonder what would have happened if he would have stayed @ the shelter and it went untreated
I'm just glad he chose us, so we could properly care for him

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is major progress.....
You are taking great care of Bayley.
I don't think he would have survived if you hadn't adopted him.

Bayley