Barn cat may be pregnant

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Tia! Your cats are gorgeous! Let us know how it goes at the vet's.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Hello Tia
and a very warm Welcome to you and all your furbabes
They're gorgeous.
You have a heart of gold

I hope everything goes ok at the vets

If you need any help or advice please feel free to pm me or e-mail me anytime
My e-mails in my profile

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyone's good! Thanks. We have two buddy ambassadors that have headed up the welcoming committee... Piddle is hiding in the back..she doesn't like him much so he keeps a paw's length.
Cuda has become the resident sitter. (He thinks she is his baby)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you have just the cutest animals!! Especially when they are all posed adorably like that. I LOVE Kirby! He reminds me of Willoughby, the laziest cat ever, sleeps upside down, legs spread 22 hours a day as well. what lazy butts!

And your dog is beautiful! what breed or mix is it? Cool colors!

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Oh you have just the cutest animals!! Especially when they are all posed adorably like that. I LOVE Kirby! He reminds me of Willoughby, the laziest cat ever, sleeps upside down, legs spread 22 hours a day as well. what lazy butts!

And your dog is beautiful! what breed or mix is it? Cool colors!
We don't really know what Cuda is. Best guess is a Shep/Aussie mix. He was a victim of divorce and he was crated 12+ hours per day while the Dad worked...I had to get him out of that situation. I got him from a co-worker where I only worked at the job 8 weeks. I trully believe I was only at that job to get Cuda. He was an anxiety ridden mess when I got him. He's normal now!! Come to think of it, I think all my animals are rescues of some sort (besides Kirby)

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Originally Posted by Tia2

We don't really know what Cuda is. Best guess is a Shep/Aussie mix. He was a victim of divorce and he was crated 12+ hours per day while the Dad worked...I had to get him out of that situation. I got him from a co-worker where I only worked at the job 8 weeks. I trully believe I was only at that job to get Cuda. He was an anxiety ridden mess when I got him. He's normal now!! Come to think of it, I think all my animals are rescues of some sort (besides Kirby)
How wonderful of you to rescue him. That's so awesome. He's very handsome
Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, what lovely cats you have! Did you know that about 60-70% of orange kitties are male? So your Honey is a little bit rare. I'm glad you took her in, and will get her to the vet.

For Bootsie the tomcat, you can trap neuter and release him. I understand why people bring kitties inside, and that they will have a longer lifespan (most likely) as housecats. But if he won't fit into your family right now, especially if you have kittens on the way, just getting his vaccinations and neuter done is a great help.

Please have the vet check his tail. We had a cat when I was a teenager who injured his tail. It hung down for a while, but then he was able to hold it up again in time. However, it kept getting injured. I don't think he could feel it, maybe. He ended up with several bad tail injuries, and several surgeries, with the tail getting shorter each time! (This was over a few years time span.) Anyhow, maybe for your tom Bootsie, the vet might recommend removing the tail now if it could easily be injured later and cause health problems.

Welcome to TCS. I'm in Illinois, so we are almost neighbors!

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Wow, what lovely cats you have! Did you know that about 60-70% of orange kitties are male? So your Honey is a little bit rare. I'm glad you took her in, and will get her to the vet.

For Bootsie the tomcat, you can trap neuter and release him. I understand why people bring kitties inside, and that they will have a longer lifespan (most likely) as housecats. But if he won't fit into your family right now, especially if you have kittens on the way, just getting his vaccinations and neuter done is a great help.

Please have the vet check his tail. We had a cat when I was a teenager who injured his tail. It hung down for a while, but then he was able to hold it up again in time. However, it kept getting injured. I don't think he could feel it, maybe. He ended up with several bad tail injuries, and several surgeries, with the tail getting shorter each time! (This was over a few years time span.) Anyhow, maybe for your tom Bootsie, the vet might recommend removing the tail now if it could easily be injured later and cause health problems.

Welcome to TCS. I'm in Illinois, so we are almost neighbors!
I didn't know lil Piglet aka Honey was "special" that way. I never heard that before..
Bootsie will be trapped and neutered as soon as I get a trap..I was going to flat out buy one..then I saw the prices. For one time, I'd much rather borrow one. I'm going to stop by the humane society tomorrow after the vet visit and find out the status of the waiting list on the traps.

I'd love to have him checked out and get his tail assessed, I'm not sure how far the volunteer vets go when they have spays and neuters lined up on surgery day. I'll leave a note on his trap on drop off day for it to be looked at.

It looks like he chewed off the end so it wouldn't drag...just like my childhood Bootsie did. It hangs just above the ground.

I want more than ever to have these two fixed as soon as possible...I've never owned an animal that wasn't fixed.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tia2

I didn't know lil Piglet aka Honey was "special" that way. I never heard that before..
Bootsie will be trapped and neutered as soon as I get a trap..I was going to flat out buy one..then I saw the prices. For one time, I'd much rather borrow one. I'm going to stop by the humane society tomorrow after the vet visit and find out the status of the waiting list on the traps.

I'd love to have him checked out and get his tail assessed, I'm not sure how far the volunteer vets go when they have spays and neuters lined up on surgery day. I'll leave a note on his trap on drop off day for it to be looked at.

It looks like he chewed off the end so it wouldn't drag...just like my childhood Bootsie did. It hangs just above the ground.

I want more than ever to have these two fixed as soon as possible...I've never owned an animal that wasn't fixed.
Poor kitty. That is great you know the importance of getting these cats altered. I am happy to hear that you never owned one that wasn't! Great job on helping them out and caring so much for the kitties! Wish there were more people like you out there!

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww..Thank you! Means alot. I'll let you all know the *big* news tomorrow.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yay! I will definately find a few minutes to check in tomorrow between class and work!

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The verdict is in...
She's about halfway through the pregnancy. THEN the vet says "I've been known to be wrong" But she's pretty sure she's feeling lumps. I will start a new thread when I'm on delivery watch because undoubtedly I will be a basket case and need all the support I can get! Vet says 3-4 weeks away.

She was pretty popular at the office with a couple assistants. They too said orange females are rare and what a beauty she was. (I'm sure they say that about all the animals but they still liked her!) lol the first thing the vet did was verify sex..

I think I have a trap lined up for Bootsie..I'll keep updates on him too and when I do get close to him I'll get some pictures.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Tia...........I'm sure her kittens will be very cute. Do you think you might keep the mommy kitty??