Bald ears in multi cat household - help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats321

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanx I will look into the colloidal silver.

I just don't understand why Iv got these problems my conditions are so good here especially now we have all wipe down surfaces. The ears are so bad now but it's so odd the skin looks Shiney and now we hardly have any fur left at all we mainly just have leather looking ears it's so unfair I doubt they will ever come back from this now.

I know it's nothing chemical wise causing it I only use diluted bleach in there and have done since day one.

It could be the food but I'm not so confident.

My gut feeling is still mites but despite treatment no improvement and scrapings saying no.

What I would do to have all this go away or to have answers at least. I don't have much else I can try apart from the food. [emoji]128577[/emoji]

Last edited:

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really don't have any advice but I do feel bad for you and all your kitties. I know how frustrating it can be when you can't find answers for an issues a cat or cats are having.

I do care for a black cat who rubs her hair off her ears. I think it's food related with her. Her hair on her ears grew back and looked nice and healthy and then I bought some food with chicken in it and now her ears are getting bad again. Last time this happened I was feeding her food that had tuna listed in the ingredients but who knows what food she is having an issue with.

I hope you can find out what's going on, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

cats321

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Last edited:

laranagitana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello
My cat suffers from this , did you ever found what was the problem? Did hair grow back?
I don't know what else to do with my girl, all test vet run were negative and she is in a hypoallergic diet? Could it be grains?
Angela

cats321

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, no we still have problems although not as bad.

Ours is not food related as it would be highly unlikely in that number of cats.

Can't be environmental because since my last posts we have had all our cattery taken down And burnt. We have totally replaced with new and have installed white plastic geo panel for hygiene reason everything is easy to clean now. The only chemical I use there is anagein which is pet disinfectant.

We have had hair growth and i can no longer just pluck the ear hairs out by simply rubbing the ear so I think we are moving in the right direction.

Believe me when I say I have tried everything mostly to no avail.the only improvement I got was from using lime sulphur dip. And also advocate which apply directly onto the back of the ears. After two years of trying with this This is where i am at.

Strangely when kittens are leaving here I have no reports or issues like this I do advocate and bath before they leave though.

Although it's all very much mystery and no test results have ever confirmed my problems in my heart of heart I believe it to be mite. Guess I will never kniw.

Good luck finding some answers I know how stressful this is