Bailey was admitted to the hospital tonight!

hatzy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well all that we are hearing is good news, so breathe a sigh of relief. She's eating, which is fantastic! I would be reacting the same exact way you are..it makes me laugh how you even use the same words I would use. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress yourself out over every little thing Bailey does this weekend. A few weeks ago my Mikey was sick for a coulpe of weeks and I analyzed every single thing he did. "Is he breathing too fast? He doesn't usually sit that way...he usually sits on the couch in the afternoons...his eyes look funny to me.." etc. I drove my husband NUTS.

So when you feel that anxiety trying to creep back into your gut, replay all the positive results the vet discussed with you.

Keep us posted!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have fun with your baby and I am glad you finally got a huge weight lifted off of your shoulders! I hope she remains healthy and happy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyjen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hatzy, lol! That's really funny. I COMPLETELY understand. I'll be like, "Why is Bailey lying near the door? She never does that! Is she snoring? Do you hear that? Does she look fat? Skinny? Tired? Irritated? Has she peed? Pooped?!!????" All the while, I'm barely eating or drinking, and I have plenty of bad habits, but those don't seem to be of any importance if Bailey's acting strange.
When I think of my friends and how their cats NEVER have issues, it's probably just because I'm completely obsessive and over-protective of Bailey, and my friends may just be slightly more rational than me.
Although, I wouldn't say I'm irrational. I just over analyze things.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JennyJen, I'm the exact same way with mine. Why is he laying that way, he never lays that way? Why isn't she upstairs, she always comes upstairs at this time. Oh no, the water bowl is still full, they're not drinking! Oh no, the water bowl is half empty, is that excessive thirst?!

I'm so glad to hear Bailey is eating

angie8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG, you sound just like me! I'm soooooo glad to know I'm not alone
! It's like I start looking for problems that probably aren't even there. Keeps my vets on their toes, I guess

JennyJen--I'm so glad to hear Bailey is doing a little better! Eating is always a step in the right direction......I hope she continues to improve!

Originally Posted by Misty8723

JennyJen, I'm the exact same way with mine. Why is he laying that way, he never lays that way? Why isn't she upstairs, she always comes upstairs at this time. Oh no, the water bowl is still full, they're not drinking! Oh no, the water bowl is half empty, is that excessive thirst?!

I'm so glad to hear Bailey is eating

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all get paranoid when we think something MAY be wrong. I go into a spin when Wellington snores or sneezes (he is asthmatic). But it sounds as if Bailey is in incredibly good hands and you are lucky to have such good vets. I do hope they find the problem and that she continues to improve meanwhile.

jpawz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
haha the past few posts are hilarious!

(should say that YAY for Bailey and keeping up the healing vibes)

I am laughing though...because I swear babies and pets are the SAME

Did they poop yet? If so was it too hard? Too soft?
Did they pee yet? Enough?
Do they have belly aches? Distention?
Are they tired? Overtired? Stressed?
Do they not like that food? Is that food ok for them?
Why is she acting that way? Hungry? Not hungry?
Why is she sitting over there and not HERE?

Oh. and both babies and cats like to do their 'business' RIGHT after you change a diaper/clean the litter.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do that paranoid "why is he...", or "that's strange..." . Hmm.
It reminds me of Airplane (the movie). The lady sitting next to her husband in the plane, thinking "out loud". We can hear her thoughts, like "He never has a second cup of coffee at home".
I can't remember the others, but it's funny.

I'm glad Bailey is eating and I hope she continues to improve.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyjen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jpawz

haha the past few posts are hilarious!

(should say that YAY for Bailey and keeping up the healing vibes)

I am laughing though...because I swear babies and pets are the SAME
Hilarious!!
One of my close friends just had a baby 4 months ago, and I've said to him on multiple occasions, "Dude, having Bailey is seriously almost exactly like having a baby. The only difference is that Bailey doesn't puke DIRECTLY on me." Haha!! My friend's baby just started teething about a month ago, I think, so she's been drooling everywhere too (same with Bailey).
What's funny is that I've never wanted kids, but I managed to get one anyway. It's okay though, because Bailey's still the most awesome cat, and I'd take her over a kid ANY day.

Bailey's been doing well since she got home. She ate a whole can of food between 6:00pm last night and about 2:00am, and she ate about 1/4 cup of dry food. Weee!!
She's been SUPER cute too. She's been hanging out more (she's sleeping on the floor next to me right now... yes, I have to sit on the floor to use the computer since we don't have a computer desk
). They had to shave some of her belly when they gave her the ultrasound. She already licks a huge patch of hair off of her lower belly, but they had to shave some more. She's been licking the hair off since before I adopted her. The vets did a bunch of testing initially to find out if there was a reason why she did it. They didn't find anything and chalked it up to stress, but after almost 4 years, I'm convinced that she does it because she likes people rubbing it and jiggling it around.
She's so funny. She has this big saggy skin pouch that hangs off of her, and she loves it if you kinda grab onto it and shake it. It kind of looks like an udder.

Here's a thread I just posted last night with pictures of Bailey. They're from before her vet visit. I have a bunch that I took last night, but I have to transfer them to my computer and am too lazy to do it right now because my boyfriend got me sick (go figure).

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125048