Bailey - All cats deserve a chance at life

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kendalyn

You can't keep him seperate until the ringworm is gone? Give him the oral meds. They work better. If the choice is to possibly get sick on oral meds or surely die, which is the better option? Or like others have said, just adopt him and rehome him yourself. The no shipping policy your shelter has is a bad one.
I have no space to keep him seperate. Literally, there are cats in every room of my house! I'm up to 8.5 cats in the house, Molly comes in & goes out.

I know oral meds work better, but I hate the idea of using them....because they can cause health issues....and he's old(possibly 15 years) & probably never had a blood panel.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i guess he did find a home

and he is to pretty.

oh by the way, heyu likes to nibble on my when she get excited, hehe i am sure my ears have the tooth markes to prove it.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed something. Did he find a home? Can we help with expenses?
I have had this poor baby on my mind ever since I first read is thread and it just breaks my heart.
Please excuse me for missing some things, I have had trouble reading and understnding sometimes lately.

erickonasis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Bailey doesn't have much longer here anymore.....so I spent my time with him tonight. He can't leave his cage.....so I had to take pics in the cage.

Anyways.....I'm doing everything I can to save him, but time's running short. So, I guess this is a tribute to him & all the other old cats everyone looks past. Bailey is why I'll never adopt a kitty under 10 years of age again, so they don't have to die, too.

He was so excited someone stopped to see him

Scratch my chin, meowmy

He's a very relaxed boy!

I am not pretty, but I still deserved a home

If only I didn't nibble when I get over excited

Why can't you take me home, meowmy?
wow im glad he got a home ..adorable

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spyral

What would it take to adopt him from, say, Seattle?
Originally Posted by Spyral

That's what I want to know too! If I could adopt him, I would, but I think I am too far away.
Originally Posted by pee-cleaner

Or a "freedom train" of volunteer drivers could take small "shifts" and get him there. I've read about that as well.
Originally Posted by eilcon

There are all kinds of transport resources out there. I looked into them when trying to transport a rescued cat from Cincinnati to another TCS member in Denver. It worked, BTW.

Let's make it work for Bailey!
Originally Posted by kluchetta

All right!! So where are we taking him from and to?
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Theres a few members that said they want the sweetie...we need to arrange something. He really deserves a chance!!
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Can't you "adopt" him or have one of your family membes "adopt" him, and then make arrangements to have him transported to a new home with someone from here who said they would love to adopt him?

It could just be our little secret here at TCS
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Shhhh.....the thought has crossed my mind.
Originally Posted by Graciecat

He sure did find a home.

Here's his new thread:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153113
Ok, Bailey has been "adopted", but apparently Ophelia is up in paws over the new guy on the block.

Now that he has been given a second chance, maybe someone from here would still be able to adopt him forever and do that transportation thingy that has been done for some other kitties here in the past, to get him to his new home...even if it's in Washington, if Spyral is still wanting to adopt him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The prospect of a new home in on hold until I can get that ringworm cleared up. No one is going to want him when he's contagious. And in a matter of 3 days his ringworm spot has doubled. It'll be at least 6 weeks before he can go anywhere.....and I'm not sure I can get the ringworm cleared up in that time frame. It might be 8 weeks.