Bailey - All cats deserve a chance at life

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't you "adopt" him or have one of your family membes "adopt" him, and then make arrangements to have him transported to a new home with someone from here who said they would love to adopt him?

It could just be our little secret here at TCS
That baby deserves a home. He has such a sweet face and such sad eyes. I think he knows his time is nearing an end

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

That baby deserves a home. He has such a sweet face and such sad eyes. I think he knows his time is nearing an end
I agree..

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Can't you "adopt" him or have one of your family membes "adopt" him, and then make arrangements to have him transported to a new home with someone from here who said they would love to adopt him?

I was also wondering if you could do this as well?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I was also wondering if you could do this as well?
Shhhh.....the thought has crossed my mind.

First....he was given until Monday(tomorrow) to see how he does treated. I'm waiting to see what's decided. Friday, it sounded like he'd be euthanized. Now I'm not so sure....I've been pushing NOT euthanizing him & using logical reason to back up my decision. I might be getting through.

If the only issue is cost....then I can get the cost of his treatment covered, I'm sure somehow I can figure it out.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Shhhh.....the thought has crossed my mind.

First....he was given until Monday(tomorrow) to see how he does treated. I'm waiting to see what's decided. Friday, it sounded like he'd be euthanized. Now I'm not so sure....I've been pushing NOT euthanizing him & using logical reason to back up my decision. I might be getting through.

If the only issue is cost....then I can get the cost of his treatment covered, I'm sure somehow I can figure it out.
Is there a way to get donations through Petfinder?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Is there a way to get donations through Petfinder?
I will give you guys more info tomorrow once I know more. If I end up bringing him home, I'll only be using a topical treatment(I don't like oral fungal meds on such an old kitty). I've got stock in the topical thanks to Damita.

I will know more tomorrow!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... I sure hope the news is good today. He's such a handsome man... my heart is breaking for you both.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No news is good news! I know he's still around, I think they're still discussing it.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Verdict is in.....euthanize him on Wednesday.

So.....now I need an actual plan. Anybody want to adopt him with ringworm?

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sending vibes for Charlie. Someone out there has to be able to take him! I wish I could, but it's not realistic at all. for someone else to be able to save this poor kitty!

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't take him, but I'm willing to donate money for medical care, (secret or non) shipping/transport, etc. Let me know what the plan is and how I can help.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Verdict is in.....euthanize him on Wednesday.

So.....now I need an actual plan. Anybody want to adopt him with ringworm?
They wont let you adopt him?
I think thats a perfect idea

If i was closer, I would!!!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Part of me is scared to keep reading this thread, because I don't want to read that dear sweet Bailey has been put down.
Then another part of me keeps checking hopeing that someone has adopted this sweet boy.

If there was any way on God's earth that I could adopt him, I'd do it in a second.
If this beautiful boy gets PTS that face will haunt me forever.

I just Pray that there's an Angel out there for him

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Monica, they'd let me adopt him.....but there are risks with that, for my cats. I have to decide if the risks are worth it for my kitties. If I adopt him, he will have to live directly with Cow....Cow's never had ringworm. So I'd be taking on bathing Cow every 3 days with an anti-fungal shampoo for 6-8 weeks & praying he doesn't get ringworm. I also have to hope Bailey gets along with Cow.
Then there's the possibility that PJ & Punky could get ringworm from him, they have no immunity from Damita's ringworm.
The sheer costs of treatment.....I'm not sure how much I dare to take on. ($75/cat)

I've got to get a chance to talk to my parents.....they are not going to be happy.

kendalyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can't keep him seperate until the ringworm is gone? Give him the oral meds. They work better. If the choice is to possibly get sick on oral meds or surely die, which is the better option? Or like others have said, just adopt him and rehome him yourself. The no shipping policy your shelter has is a bad one.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly I am in the wrong country, or I would take him on. I do hope you can come up with a solution though.