Bad Cat?

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bless you MA, for once more opening your heart and home to a precious kitty.

He is lucky to have you!
You never cease to amaze me!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for what? I wasn't criticizing anyone twisty, especially not you. Just writing my thoughts is all

Also we are all die-hard cat lovers here. There are a large majority of people out there who have cats who are not. They don't think along the same lines as we do, they don't worry if their cat is acting off. Cats aren't even recorded as having as many vet visits in a year as dogs do. There is a new program happening that is trying to elevate the status of the cat. A convention was just held and a program outlined. Amy Shojai a published cat writer will be working on several articles about this program. It's about time. Cats are classed just like a piece of furniture, when in actuality they are so much more.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was confused... you mentioned people criticizing her and my view was that we were more empathizing with her. I understand life being stressful and I can see how a kitten (especially for someone who's not cat crazy) would only make matters worse.

Cats so deserve a promotion! So many people don't think of them as family like they would a dog and I think it's a shame. I think cats, when given the chance, can be just as fun, loyal and loving as a dog... although maybe a bit more spastic.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to say that I feel for her. What she wrote in her ad may sound like a "regular" kitten, but when she doesn't have time to give the kitten attention it needs, and it's misbehaving constantly when she's home, of course she'd get stressed. When you're stressed and don't need any extra work or annoyances, little things easily become big things.

Our Stumpy is the same, and she regularly drives me completely nuts. When I was pregnant and incredibly hormonal, I was ready to rehome her. She's nearing 3 years old now and she's still just as hyperactive. She has ruined so many things in our household out of attention seeking boredom. She is also a sweet, affectionate cat who follows me everywhere. I just deal with her a LITTLE better now I'm less hormonal...

I'm sure if I had have rehomed her to a bigger home with lots more things to keep her constantly amused, she would just be a sweet, loving kitty, rather than the sweet, destructive kity she is here.

I'm glad Dobby has a new home, and it sounds like the right sort of home for him. But please, don't judge the stressed out lady who had the wrong environment for Dobby.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just letting those interested know- "bad cat" is now out in general population. He wanted the affection so bad, I just opened his door. There is some hissing and spitting and posturing, but not outward fights.

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well at the end of the day what matters most is that this beautiful cat now has new home where he will loved and well taken care of.

I think you did a wonderful thing hissy and I have no doubt you'll be able to give him everything he deserves.

Good luck and keep us updated.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im so glad you helped him Hissy!! That is wonderfull news!! He is also very beautiful! Im glad he's out of Isolation and ready to be among friends!! I think you're probably right though, lots of poeple aren't die hard cat fans like we are! Our kitties are so spoiled its unbelievable!! Alot of the times our cats eat better than we do! Im very happy that you got him, he couldn't ask for a better home. Its just a shame he had to leave his sister behind! Hopefully she doesn't start to act out or anything and cause more stress!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dobby is now fully integrated into the home. He has been out in the enclosure and thoroughly explored the upstairs and downstairs. He seems really starved for attention and food, but he is doing quite well. There have been no challenges to him being here. Right now he is on Mike's lap getting his chin rubbed and watching Animal Planet.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like he's settling in well! I hope that "starved for attention and food" isn't just his usual behaviour

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just getting updated on this thread, b/c I haven't been online at TCS for a few days now...

Dobby is just ADORABLE!
He looks just like my Geronimo!
And just as I suspected, all he needed was a little TLC to tame the "wild beast" in him: I'm so glad he got a good home!

Y'all are just a wonderful bunch of peeps for giving Dobby a chance at having a loving home and a loving life that he deserves.

Welcome to the TCS family, Dobby!

~KK~