Back from vet - Radar update

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

The vet says that he's 80% better and well on the road to recovery from whatever bug had gotten into his system.
oh that is good news, you must be feeling tons better about it all now
heres sending some kisses from my crew
to help him on his way to full recovery

He also remarked on what a gentle and sweet cat Radar is
did you tell him about Radar flying around the walls and knocking everything about this a.m.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

oh that is good news, you must be feeling tons better about it all now
heres sending some kisses from my crew
to help him on his way to full recovery

did you tell him about Radar flying around the walls and knocking everything about this a.m.
I am the one bouncing off the walls now, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

Radar is always sweet and gentle at the vets
I have gone into some appointments to see the vets nursing fresh scratches from their previous patient, whereas Radar has never even hissed or growled at the vet no matter what indignities he has to suffer. The worst he does is wriggle a bit and miaow pitifully, but in that sense he is a gentle cat, and very easy to handle and treat. He kind of goes floppy and purrs when you pick him up. That's one of the reasons I love him so much, he's a little hellraiser and a few sandwiches short of a picnic, but also very sweet and compliant when we have to handle him for any reason

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a relief
I was nearly out of fingernails to bite

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow...where have I been. Poor Radar. The gagging behaviour you were mentionning sounds like merely a by-product of the sore throat (at least that's been my experience with Rambo and his sore throats). If the cause of the sore throat is an infection and the antibiotics are working then the gagging should clear up at the same time.

I think it's almost the same as us, when we have a sore throat and don't want to swallow. Rambo would usually gag up spit and I knew he was sitting around trying not to swallow until he had to.

Glad to hear Radar is doing better!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just catching up with this thread. Oh wow, many prayers and vibes coming your way for poor Radar {{{{}}}} and for YOU! Hopefully this is being caused by hairballs, in which case regular brushings and food specifically designated for hairball-prone cats should do the trick!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

I am just catching up with this thread. Oh wow, many prayers and vibes coming your way for poor Radar {{{{}}}} and for YOU! Hopefully this is being caused by hairballs, in which case regular brushings and food specifically designated for hairball-prone cats should do the trick!
It's definitely an infection as the antibiotics are doing the trick.

I will however start a hairball management regime once he is better (since he's going to be on oral antibiotics giving him anything to coat the contents of his intestines will affect absorption) as he is moulting at the moment! Even though he's a shorthair he's a very fluffy shorthair if that makes sense and there was a fair amount of hair in his poo - at least it's going through him ok tho!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

He kind of goes floppy and purrs when you pick him up. That's one of the reasons I love him so much, he's a little hellraiser and a few sandwiches short of a picnic, but also very sweet and compliant when we have to handle him for any reason
What a loving way to describe your precious Radar.

I am so happy for you and your boy.

Keep us updated please.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Radar is always sweet and gentle at the vets
he's a little hellraiser and a few sandwiches short of a picnic, but also very sweet and compliant when we have to handle him for any reason
Dino can be the same, he's a bit temperamental at home and can be a real grumpy old git, but like Radar, sweet as sweet can be at the vets ! Like you say gotta love em

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's causing absolute havoc at the moment
I love that cat so much, I have been so worried about him the last couple of days. He's running about and not sitting still for me to kiss his little head which is just as it should be.

Thank you to everyone who has given me support. I have been in a real state, and all your comments and vibes have helped so much. Radar is the first cat I've ever had in my life, and he is so special and unique to me and you have all helped me when I have felt bad during this. It is so difficult seeing a creature that you love with all your heart just not being his usual self and worrying about it. Thank You.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy to hear your little Radar is feeling better. He seems like such a character
. Do we have a British 8-Bit here?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that your sweet Radar is starting to feel better, and hope he continues to improve. It's always a worry when they are sick, isn't it? You're just as stressed as when a child is sick, because they are our children and count on us for their health and wellbeing!
You are a great meowmy and I'm so happy that Radar is improving!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm SO glad that Radar is doing better and is on his way to recovery. I know when stoli got sick this january - I was beside myself and any time he wasn't himself I freaked!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

I'm so happy to hear your little Radar is feeling better. He seems like such a character
. Do we have a British 8-Bit here?
Oh definitely, he is my bonkers cat, always up to no good, always breaking things and attacking my feet. He is really intelligent in that he can watch what you do and figure out how you do it and so can get into cupboards that you think you have secured, but is also really goofy and tries to jump onto shelves that are full of CDs head first and does really daft things
He only wants affection on his own terms, but when he comes to you for a cuddle he is really enthusiastic about it and I know he really loves me, and I love him too.

He has a growing fan club, when we were up at the vets yesterday we were in the waiting room and he ended up with the other 3 people there looking in his carrier and admiring his facial markings, and on the bus home tonight people were admiring him and stroking him through the grille at the front of the carrier. They love him up at the vets, when he went in for surgery last year the vet nurse said that every time she walked past his cage he was trying to rest his paws on her. They know him as 'the little horror', because of our descriptions of his antics and because he always tries to investigate the trolley with all the instruments on it and get in the hand basin to play with the taps. They all think he is lovely

Originally Posted by Renovia

I'm SO glad that Radar is doing better and is on his way to recovery. I know when stoli got sick this january - I was beside myself and any time he wasn't himself I freaked!
I am sure you were, I remember the threads you posted and how worried I was about him myself, it must have been a hundred times worse for you. When they are not well you check every slight behaviour and magnify its meaning by 100 and fret and worry. If they lie down you worry, check what position they are lying in, do they look comfortable, are they still breathing, is this a normal time for them to sleep etc. etc. etc. and it plays round in your head in a loop. I don't know how people who take in or foster sick cats can cope, they must be really strong to deal with it regularly.

Originally Posted by LokisMum

I'm so glad that your sweet Radar is starting to feel better, and hope he continues to improve. It's always a worry when they are sick, isn't it? You're just as stressed as when a child is sick, because they are our children and count on us for their health and wellbeing!
You are a great meowmy and I'm so happy that Radar is improving!
I've never had a child, and never intend to. I adore my cats and my bird, I don't think I'd be able to deal with children very well! But yes of course, they are my family, even though they are little and have fur or feathers. And they will never reach a point where they are independent from us either, if either of my cats reach 20 I will still be accompanying them to the 'doctor' and comforting them during the examination