Babysitting! Never again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laceface

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The boys weren't that bad, it was just mom's lack of preparation, and bad parenting. The baby wasn't tired till midnight, and Kaiden woke up crying often.

Also, they smack Kaiden for just about everything. I use timeouts, and he is REALLY good with them- for me. When grandma and mom try it, he hits, pinches, bites, kicks, etc. They also let him get away with going "Oh, gosh!" every time they ask him to do something. He isn't even three yet. I didn't let that slide either- he had to apologize or have a time out. Basically, they are both sweet boys if you give them rules and a schedule. Mom just chooses not to do so. Mind you, mom is 22 or 23, and both boys have different daddies.

Ugh. I am also incredibly sick today now too. I can't keep anything down, my head and joints ache... We called to let Pat's sister know, so she can make sure her boys aren't getting sick... and she didn't care at all.
Makes me oh so sad.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People have long since stopped asking me to babysit. I always tell them "sure, as long as you brought your own lock. I lock them in a closet and put in my earplugs. I will poke some M&Ms or something under the door periodically, and if I think about it, will let them out to pee once in awhile." I got some priceless looks from those mothers. It always seemed to be someone I barely knew.
I never could figure out why anyone even asked me, knowing that I am mostly only kid friendly to my own daughter, and now granddaughter.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't babysit anymore. It could be that Kaiden was just not used to his environment, or maybe they just keep him in a part of the house where they can't hear him.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's nuts! I always go out with too much stuff! LOL! I can't imagine what life would be like without a schedule! Kids need em!! I need em!

I know, as a parent, it can be more than wonderful to have a night with no kids in the house. Even though mine is a great sleeper most of the time; it's nice to not be 'on call.' But the first few times my parents took the baby overnight they asked for her! The last one was for my birthday. Now we can't do that because she will only sleep in her own crib. It's funny; now that I'm used to her sleeping through the night, the nights she has me up seem sooo much harder than when she was a newborn and I expected to be woken up. That all being said, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE a night to just DH and I. But I know these days will be gone sooner than I'd like and we can't take them back. Sounds like Mom need to grow up a bit. Yeah, it's hard. But that's life!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laceface

The boys weren't that bad, it was just mom's lack of preparation, and bad parenting. The baby wasn't tired till midnight, and Kaiden woke up crying often.

Also, they smack Kaiden for just about everything. I use timeouts, and he is REALLY good with them- for me. When grandma and mom try it, he hits, pinches, bites, kicks, etc. They also let him get away with going "Oh, gosh!" every time they ask him to do something. He isn't even three yet. I didn't let that slide either- he had to apologize or have a time out. Basically, they are both sweet boys if you give them rules and a schedule. Mom just chooses not to do so. Mind you, mom is 22 or 23, and both boys have different daddies.

Ugh. I am also incredibly sick today now too. I can't keep anything down, my head and joints ache... We called to let Pat's sister know, so she can make sure her boys aren't getting sick... and she didn't care at all.
Makes me oh so sad.
Does sound like a case of bad parenting but I don't think age should matter, I was 18 when I had Melissa and I am 27 now and have 3 children, married and still with the same man. I don't really think it should matter if the children have different dads if they are cared for well. If I ever split up with my dh it wouldn't put me off having a child with a new partner if it meant my children being half siblings.
Some kids just need routine and structure, my little boy can be a handful but when he is at school he is as good as gold because they have a good routine, I try my best to stick to a routine at home and it really does help, I rarely spank my kids, really just timeout in their rooms if they are naughty or take away priveleges. Some kids I really do feel for and their parents obviously do not care, thing is, however they are brought up determines how they will be as adults. x