"Baby"s nesting box

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babys1stmine2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kitten on the far left is the one I thought we'd lose..... :-) such a happy "grandma" right here!!!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How sweet! And mama kitty looks very content with her babies. It's very exciting, isn't it? I'm happy for you! :)

babys1stmine2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So our babies are 10 1/2 weeks old. I know most say they can go to forever homes around 10-12 weeks. My husband wants me to start giving tgem away..... Constant battle-i dont want to....[emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji] anyways, they are weaned, and have been for a couple weeks, but still suckle at their mama sometimes when going to sleep..... She only lets them til theyre sleeping then walks away and as i said its only sometimes..... So are they ready? Or do i get to keep them????

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is the million dollar question!

It is very painful to give babies away that you have sheltered and raised from birth, but that will be between you and your husband.

I could not do it, so I have kept my stray mama cat and her four fur babies. They are now 5 months old, but it was my decision alone.

However, they do get very rambunctious, and they do grow up to be full-sized adult cats, so you must take that into consideration. Whether you have room, whether you can afford the food, litter, and vet - the spaying and neutering and shots - and if you know where they would be going. There are a lot of considerations.

Just take a deep breath and think it out, and talk to your husband. You will then know what is right for your family and for the cats.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter wants a kitten.  I remind her we got a kitten last year and now he is almost 13 lbs.  We just go visit the kittens that are up for adoption now.

Maybe you could keep one, maybe two of them.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job, gramma!!

If you do choose to find homes for them, you'll have better luck if they have been dewormed, and tested for feline aids and leukemia etc..maybe even fixed. Insist on a rehoming fee and house visits for prospective adoptees.

babys1stmine2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol..... I know thats a silly question i just mneansince they are still suckling at mama......

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's a comfort thing so they should be okay.  If you can get them each a small stuffed animal to sleep with you can send it with them to their forever home.