Baby names?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They really are so gorgeous - my friend is such a good Mum, such a good role model for me.

Gracie is very good and obedient and bossy and a real perfectionist - like her Mum. And Jayne is a real stirrer - will push any button she can push - like her Mum! They have beautiful manners and are such good girls - I hope mine is a gorgeous as they are!

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I thought it was a girl's name, too. I should have said Celtic - not Welsh! That's what I actually meant...

I LOVE Celtic names - we had a ton chosen for a boy and my favourite girl's name is Celtic - Ailis. Pronounced `Eye-lish'. I would consider spelling it Eilis or even Eilish/Ailish though, to stop her from getting grief her whole life and also to stop everyone but an Irish or Celtic person from getting it wrong the first time they say it.

I LOVE it, but Max thinks it sounds like a tropical disease so I guess that's a no from him!

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it's a pretty name! Don't you, though, just love their "argument" against a name they don't enjoy? I got some interesting ones from Mike when we were name hunting.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know!

Max is always very creative with his protests. I suggested going to see a new production of A Midsummer Night's Dream in an outdoor theatre recently, but Max is an actor and has seen it in various productions probably more than 20 times. He told me he would rather disembowel himself with a blunt spoon.

I think a simple `no' would have done it!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As you prefer traditional names, our daughter's first name would probably not make your list.

Her middle name is very traditional though - Juliet and very pretty. The French spelling could be used - Juliette - which always looks so delicate I think.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I should qualify - I love unusual names, too. I would love for our daughter to have an unusual name, just not something outlandish like Pilot or Binoculars

Unusual names and outlandish names are different! There is a little boy who is in my friend's daughter's class at school who's name is Blayd. Now there's nothing wrong with that I suppose - but why does it have to be spelled that way? What's wrong with `Blade'? Blayd just looks like people who were only educated up to year 3 decided to name him.

There is another little girl in her class called Monet. And I absolutely LOVE that. Love it - and love Monet's art, too!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I have 2 boys so I'm no good at girl names..... Even when I was pregnant I thought "PLEASE give me boys! I can't think of one girl name"
We were the opposite, girls names came easy, boys names were harder.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you go to http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/ you can check out the popularity of names now and at other particular years.

My oldest daughter is Kaitlynn Cassandra (yeah, a lot of letters in her name - and to make matters worse we have 10 letters in our last name! But she was named after DH's grandmother, Kate (Catherine) and given the initials of a dear friend of my husband's (Casey/KC). Kaitlynn wasnt a popular name at the time, but now - 17 years later - we see them all over.

Our second daughter was named Halie Jane. I absolutely LOVE this name. Jane was my grandmother's middle name.

Thirdly came Kennidy Lee. No rhyme or reason to her name, but I love the name Kennidy. Her middle name was going to be Korrine, but hubby talked me into Lee at the last possible drug-induced minute
In hindsight, I wish I would've at least spelled Lee in the more feminine Leigh version instead, as Kennedy tends to be mistaken for a boys name already.

At last we get a boy! It was much harder coming up with their names, but we decided on Joshua Michael. We choose Joshua, because we were going through CCD classes at the time, and after 5 years, we found out we were pregnant again and with a boy, we thought he truly was a gift from God. Michael is my hubby's middle name. Joshua also has the same initials as hubby, our alternative to a junior.

Lastly came Nathan Sean. It took us a super long time to decide on a name for him. But one day I was on a website that said Nathan was a derivitive of Jonathan. My husband's name is simply Jon, but I still thought this was a nice junior alternative. Originally he was to be a Nathan Jon, but a friend of ours passed away 2 months before he was born and we honored him with Sean instead.

Even though we're now done
I still have a list of names I like and try to superimpose in my kid's heads for later use

Hanna
Sebastian (doesnt go well with our last name)
Emily
Riley

Good luck in your decision. Dont forget to pay attention to what the initials may spell, and to consider any nicknames that may evolve from the chosen name... And CONGRATULATIONS to the upcoming event!!!! Store up on the sleep now and cherish every minute and milestone!!! They grow too fast.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like Kennedy. That's cool. I like MacKenzie, too. That was one of my favourites for years - still is, really.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

I really like Kennedy. That's cool. I like MacKenzie, too. That was one of my favourites for years - still is, really.
I like MacKenzie too! But dont think I could have another Kenni

What do you think you would call her by her? By her full name, Mac, Kenzie, Kenni or all the above???

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have already picked names for when we have children.
For a boy Nathaniel Christian and for a girl Adonna Grace. Adonna means "God's precious gift." It was one that my MIL wanted to use but she only had boys. When she told me I fell in love with the name! And I have always loved the really simple names like Faith, Grace, Hope, River, Rose, Jewel. You may also want to think about your maiden name for a name. Some from my family are Nichols or Rivers.

I also really like Emma Rose. Also two of my Grandmothers names: Orlana (can be shortened to Lana for a nickname) and Emma Belle. Well good luck on the choosing!! One thing that I heard to help you see if two names go well together is to put an introduction in front of the name "Now intoducing Her majesty....Adonna Grace" or "President ...Nathaniel Christian" Good luck and have fun!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Paige
Shea
Tristen
Payton
Maylee
Kylee
Rhylee
Cory
Kaycee
Brianna
Rochelle
Tabitha
Emma
Ella
Olivia
Delia
Lainey
Devin
Sheridian

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Paige
Tristen
Payton
Oh yeah! Payton - I LOVE that name!!! How could I have forgotten? Nathan was going to be a Payton/Peyton if he was a girl. Payton is the Irish form of Patricia - my mother's name (and she is Irish/Italian).

And Tristen... also like that name... but dont know if I could name my child that cuz I think of Legend of the Falls every time I hear it!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

And Tristen... also like that name... but dont know if I could name my child that cuz I think of Legend of the Falls every time I hear it!
That's not a bad thing in my book...I LOVED that movie.
Besides you get to look at Brad Pitt, Aiden Quinn and Anthony Hopkins(even though he's old enough to be my Father )...YUMMY

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Thats my name

The only thing I hate about my name is the way people spell it
Mine is spelled: Mackenzie - no capital K or anything, alothough people spell it that way anyways
I also get it spelled many other ways, I've grown to accept it

Not many people call me by my full name, except for co-workers - but at home its Mack, Kenz, Kizzy & Kenzie
I don't mind any of them, I like them all

I love the name Kennedy!