Baby kittens dying

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just read through your thread and am quite certain the others died from gradual starvation, they did not get enough milk from mom and it finally caught up to them.

Mom is clearly too young and stressed out, and unless it is too far gone now to save, this baby MUST get fed a lot of kmr, ASAP.

Stop putting it with mom please, she is unable to care for it and it will die too, it sounds like it may already be too late to turn around, but might not be.

Get the baby and keep it with you.

Using the syringe, it needs a good 8 mls every 3-4 hours.

I know that seems impossible but if you keep it away from mom it will eventually go for it, if it is able to nurse at all from mom, it will continue to fight the syringe.

Take your time, kitten on it's tummy, on a towel on the dining table and you sit in front of it, raise the head a bit and put a few drops in to the cheek area ONLY!

At 2 weeks old they are stronger, but slow starvation will fool you. It will seem like they are alive so they must be doing fine, but clearly not, because on and off nursing with a nervous, disengaged momma girl means not nearly enough milk for them to live and grow properly.

This can not wait another minute, get that baby fed and a good amt, do not return to mom! After several feedings she will cooperate much better.

Try to be patient, the problem is because a kitten will fight and refuse to be human fed as long as mom is around.

So do not return her. You feed her, after a full day of syringe feeding you watch, it will become so easy, but you must get that kmr in her now if there is any chance.

Be SURE to get momma fixed ASAP too!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mary schneider

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lodt the last baby just cant even talk about i have just cryed all day i really did try so hard im so sad i am gonna get momma fixed was gonna do that already i didnt think she was old enough im so sorry

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. You did everything you could.

Mom can be spayed any time now. It's a great way to help her moving forward.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sorry. I know that's upsetting. Glad mom will be getting spayed.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I lodt the last baby just cant even talk about i have just cryed all day i really did try so hard im so sad i am gonna get momma fixed was gonna do that already i didnt think she was old enough im so sorry
I'm so sorry. Just hugs. If you want you can put up a memorial thread for the babies in the crossing the bridge section.