baby cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there any way you could get a 2nd opinion from a different vet?  Vets have different levels of experience and perhaps this is something your current vet does not have much experience.  If this was my cat I would take her to another vet. If she is in pain from not pooping this could be the beginning of a blockage.  I do not want to scare you but years ago before I found this site I actually lost a cat to a blockage because I did not catch it in time.  I would hate to see anyone else endure the pain I went through because I did not notice my cat had stopped pooping in time.  I hope I don't offend you but I do not want to see you or anyone else go through what happened to me.  I did take my cat to the vet and she was getting treatment.  The vet thought she was going to be able to fix my cat because they were making progress with the blockage and my baby passed away during treatment.  I have learned a lot on this site and this is not a wait and see issue.  I learned this the hard way.  Some of my friends have even taken their cats to the ER vet for not pooping because they know what happened to me.  In my opinion the not pooping has gone on too long.  I am not a vet but this is my opinion based upon my experience.

I hope you can find a way to get a 2nd opinion. 
hey i just wanted to inform you that my cat is pooping regularly now and she's doing better

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes they are and I've also noticed that she's growing and gaining weight. Although her poop is still green tho, but it doesn't seem to effect her. I just did what the vet told me and that is adding more water to her milk cause it was too thick and adding coconut oil to it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad she is growing and gaining weight. I hope it continues! She may be ready to try some wet food mixed with her milk soon.

The green poop usually means too much bile in the liver. Since her spells are mostly gone, perhaps her liver is getting healthier.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am really glad your baby is doing better. I hope things are going better for you with school now too.

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys i have a question. Is it okay to bath a two month old kitten?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, in warm water using a mild dish soap, and dry the kitten thoroughly afterward so it does not get cold. No soap in the eyes!

Last edited: