baby cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The pain i over for now. She's making a purring noise in my hand, and acting normal again.

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think i know what's cauding the pain. Or i might be wrong. She hasn't pooped since Thursday. And today she wanted to poop and she walked all around with her head down crying, after 2min walking she pooped a little and her poop was strangely very green. Now she's lying on the ground again with pain.

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just read that green poop could be a bacterial infection or liver disease. Could kittens have a liver disease at such a young age. I hope she just needs the antibiotics tho.

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes i did yesterday and today. About 2hours ago i went over her belly and bottom with a warm cloth. She went peeying a few min after that.

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And a few min ago she had trouble pooping. I'll call the vet in an hour to see if she's open. Otherwise I'll have to bring her monday.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you added oil to her bottle as I suggested?

I thought you were planning to see the vet for antibiotics.

Green poop is not good at all.

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am but yesterday night the vet was already closed and today also, so I'll have to go tomorrow right after school. I'll get of school early. I did put the oil in her formula. Yeah i just read that about the green poop. Anything else you might know about the green poop?

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes and i also asked for the antibiotics and stuff. The vet said that her not pooping has smth to do with her food. That should at more water 2 it. And she put coconut oil up in her butt. She then went of an hour later. Then she was fine for 2days, but in those 2days she didn't poop and now she's laying like that again with pain. I've also tried putting coconut oil in her but and massaging her belly like the vet did and i also did put some coconut oil in her formula but she still hasn't pooped.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any way you could get a 2nd opinion from a different vet?  Vets have different levels of experience and perhaps this is something your current vet does not have much experience.  If this was my cat I would take her to another vet. If she is in pain from not pooping this could be the beginning of a blockage.  I do not want to scare you but years ago before I found this site I actually lost a cat to a blockage because I did not catch it in time.  I would hate to see anyone else endure the pain I went through because I did not notice my cat had stopped pooping in time.  I hope I don't offend you but I do not want to see you or anyone else go through what happened to me.  I did take my cat to the vet and she was getting treatment.  The vet thought she was going to be able to fix my cat because they were making progress with the blockage and my baby passed away during treatment.  I have learned a lot on this site and this is not a wait and see issue.  I learned this the hard way.  Some of my friends have even taken their cats to the ER vet for not pooping because they know what happened to me.  In my opinion the not pooping has gone on too long.  I am not a vet but this is my opinion based upon my experience.

I hope you can find a way to get a 2nd opinion. 

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet said that she doesn't need the antibiotics and that her green poop is normal and that she'd be worried if her poop was bloody or smth

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think i can get her to another vet. They're way to far from me and i don't have the time right now(I'm taking tests in school)and I'd also have to ask my parents to take me. The vet also said that i could change the food if want. I'm gonna try and get the mother cat who just got her baby's to feed her. If she's still having trouble I'll try to get her to another vet, but that'll be next week when I'm done with school

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs an antibiotic.  Please insist that the vet give you one.

Your kitten is way too big to be nursing around newborns.  In addition, she may have a disease.  Please keep her separate.  

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bruhh I'm getting tired of this too, going to the vet this much, my school grades have been dropping because of this. And i also think taking her to another vet won't help. They're all the same in my country and we don't have alot of vets in my country, probably like 10. There ain't much i can do about the this. There is no emergency hospital or smth like that in my country. You just have the vet that's open 5-6 times a week. And that's it. I couldn't even find kmr in my country. That's how bad it is

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bruhh I'm getting tired of this too, going to the vet this much, my school grades have been dropping because of this. And i also think taking her to another vet won't help. They're all the same in my country and we don't have alot of vets in my country, probably like 10. There ain't much i can do about the this. There is no emergency hospital or smth like that in my country. You just have the vet that's open 5-6 times a week. And that's it. I couldn't even find kmr in my country. That's how bad it is
This is part of pet ownership. You have to advocate for your pets because they have no one else. If vets are not great, that means you need to do your research and ask for what you need. Antibiotics will not hurt to try in this case.

Your cat is in pain and her life depends on you. It's always hard to be in this position, and definitely overwhelming, but it's so, so important.

Last edited:

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you provide more information about what country you are in.  There are people from all over the world on this forum. Maybe there is someone in your area that has a vet they already use.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Could you provide more information about what country you are in.  There are people from all over the world on this forum. Maybe there is someone in your area that has a vet they already use.
She is in Suriname.

cheyenne2199

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I'm trying really hard too, I'm staying up at night when she's sick, to be there when she gets better so i can feef her right away, cause she's always hungry after the pain is gone. Oh and she's fine again, playing around and stuff, when she's not in pain she's always playing and running and happy and i have noticed she's growing really fast.