Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Older dogs are good for apartments. One of my friends adopted an 8 year old mixed breed dog from her shelter. She is very calm and can be in an apartment with no problems. There are always older dogs that need to be adopted.
I know.   In my past apartment, I couldn't have a dog and in this one, while small breeds are okay, you are only allowed two pets and I adopted Paul and Chula so that was that.  Otherwise I would be very tempted to adopt an older mixed breed dog in a heart beat.  One of the best dogs I ever had was a cross between a female boxer and male black standard poodle - long and somewhat funny story as to how that happened.  Anyway, she looked like a black lab and was smart as a whip with a boxer's affectionate nature and a howl like the Hound of the Baskervilles.   

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Do some of you sleep? :lol3: I know you are in other time zones, but you always seem to be on this thread! :flail:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you ask my husband I sleep all the time. But it's mostly in little catnaps.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Do some of you sleep?
I know you are in other time zones, but you always seem to be on this thread!
  Sleep?  Sigh.  I wish!  I usually can't fall asleep before 3:00 AM and then wake up around 9:00 AM.  Fortunately I am retired so can do that!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: margd margd . I know the hell of insomnia only too well - I suffered terribly with it in my late teens and 20s. I'm still not great, but I'm on so much medication now that the worst of it has settled.

As you say - at least you don't have to get up for work in the morning ;)

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know.   In my past apartment, I couldn't have a dog and in this one, while small breeds are okay, you are only allowed two pets and I adopted Paul and Chula so that was that.  Otherwise I would be very tempted to adopt an older mixed breed dog in a heart beat.  One of the best dogs I ever had was a cross between a female boxer and male black standard poodle - long and somewhat funny story as to how that happened.  Anyway, she looked like a black lab and was smart as a whip with a boxer's affectionate nature and a howl like the Hound of the Baskervilles.   
That sounds like a cute dog. The shelter claims that the dog my friend adopted is part boxer and part lab, but she is very clearly a pitty. They just knew better than to present her as that.
Do some of you sleep?
I know you are in other time zones, but you always seem to be on this thread!
I sleep from 9pm to 5am. So I am gone from this thread for at least that long usually.

Last edited:

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm looking at costumes. There's a comics convention coming up in my city and I'm thinking of dressing up. It's also going to be on the date of my birthday so I want something nice but I just can't decide!  I like too many characters! 

margd

Veteran
Purraise
@Margd. I know the hell of insomnia only too well - I suffered terribly with it in my late teens and 20s. I'm still not great, but I'm on so much medication now that the worst of it has settled.

As you say - at least you don't have to get up for work in the morning
Medication!  Great when it works! 

I'm looking at costumes. There's a comics convention coming up in my city and I'm thinking of dressing up. It's also going to be on the date of my birthday so I want something nice but I just can't decide!  I like too many characters! 
Who are some of the characters you're thinking about?

That sounds like a cute dog. The shelter claims that the dog my friend adopted is part boxer and part lab, but she is very clearly a pitty. They just knew better than to present her as that.

I sleep from 9pm to 5am. So I am gone from this thread for at least that long usually.

She was the best dog I ever had.  Super easy to train, loyal, smart, healthy except for an allergy to fleas, poor dear.    Still she lived longer than any of our boxers. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm looking at costumes. There's a comics convention coming up in my city and I'm thinking of dressing up. It's also going to be on the date of my birthday so I want something nice but I just can't decide!  I like too many characters! :stars:
As it's your birthday too, pick the costume you'll feel the most amazing and beautiful in. And don't forget to enjoy choosing ;)

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
H
Hahaha he looks so awesome! What does he eat?

ps: need some filler words to get to the required 15 so I'm adding this last line hahaha
Hay and grass, and some feed! And sometimes carrots and apples as treats. Nothing too surgary or sweet too often, donkeys will easily get too plump otherwise 

Cosplayer and convention goer here, can't help but notice and think how super nifty that is.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Who are some of the characters you're thinking about?
I'm thinking about Harley Quinn, but this year everyone  wants to do that with the upcoming  movie next year and the fact that she's on   the flyers 

But it will be a hot day so I need something cool, but not exposing (to prevent harassment). It's very hard picking a costume 
 Maybe I'll wear one of my Star Wars helmets so I can take it off if I want 

As it's your birthday too, pick the costume you'll feel the most amazing and beautiful in. And don't forget to enjoy choosing
Yes!
 Sad thing is I only have 2 weeks to finish it! I need something I can travel around in. Maybe I'll be April O'Neil or the Shredder from the Ninja Turtles 

Hay and grass, and some feed! And sometimes carrots and apples as treats. Nothing too surgary or sweet too often, donkeys will easily get too plump otherwise 

Cosplayer and convention goer here, can't help but notice and think how super nifty that is.
That's so awesome! I've seen donkeys here, but they are not treated well as tourist attractions 

Cosplayer! I don't really consider myself one, but I like costumes... so maybe I am! What costumes have you done?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There are other ways to get there, or you can just bookmark this link - 

http://www.thecatsite.com/forum/newposts/filter/unanswered

2. You don't have to know the answer, though of course, if it's something you know something about or can share from your experience, that's great. What you can do is - 

a. Offer a kind word and some support.

b. Refer people to one of our articles or a previous thread. And I'm going to let you on to a site secret here... the really nifty embed tool!

This little button lets you embed links to articles and threads on the site. I find it very useful for finding them and quickly adding them to a reply.

Give it a try. It lets you search the site, then offers you threads, products and articles. You can click on the one of the categories on the left to filter the results to show only articles. Found something which might help that user? Select it and embed it in your reply!

Give it a try right here in the babbling thread, it's really easy. Bonus points for anyone who can embed an article about litterbox problems in their reply here! 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you @Anne that is extremely helpful to know. I definitely want to do all I can to make the community better.

Oh and...
[thread="287860"]Litter Box Problems  [/thread]

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Thank you @Anne that is extremely helpful to know. I definitely want to do all I can to make the community better.

Oh and...
[thread="287860"]Litter Box Problems  [/thread]
Woohoo! Someone - other than me - using the embed tool! 

You embedded a thread though. Next, can you embed an article about litterbox problems?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah! Let me see if I can get it right this time. That is so nifty, I wish everyone was able to do it.
[article="22541"]Litter Box Problems  [/article]
I found one.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
[article="22302"]Litter Box Location Secrets  [/article]
There is my attempt, although I know I'm not the first.  Just practicing! 

EDIT:  And adding more words fast!

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
[thread="290275"]​[/thread]

Huh. I didn't know that snazzy little trick. :lol3: You learn something knew every day. :lol3:

Last edited:

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woohoo! Someone - other than me - using the embed tool! :bigthumb:
Heyyy.... I use the tool often. :( Don't I get a pat in the back too?

[article="22375"][/article]

There are lots of not-so-exposed articles to find via the embed tool. I'm still finding new ones I've never seen.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on a laptop.  Does it work the same way?

I'm not sure how to find the embed tool.  When do you use it, when you have the article or before you look for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.