Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
[article="32366"]​[/article]
Oh :wow: I've always wondered how that was done. Thanks Anne Anne

@Cassiopea love that donkey! They're such sweet yet opinionated creatures. ..rather like exmoor ponies :D

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I'm on a laptop.  Does it work the same way?

I'm not sure how to find the embed tool.  When do you use it, when you have the article or before you look for it?
I'm on a laptop too.  It's on the Reply box.  Second row of the menu, 4th from the left in the first box.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not seeing it.  I have a size box then WAIT I found it!  I never noticed the more button.  This is so much easier than what I've been doing.
[thread="61755"]Spiders In Litter Box  [/thread]

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whilst we're vaguely on the subject of computers (ok - I know I'm stretching it a bit :lol3: ) I'm thinking of getting a netbook or laptop myself. I don't need anything fancy - just word processing and Internet. I'm on a tight budget too. Thoughts, anyone?

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Id suggest taking a look at chromebooks, @Columbine. If all you want is internet and word processing, chromebooks would work for you. I love mine.

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@Anne  Awesome tip! I never knew we could do that! 

[article="30010"]How To Prepare For Saving Your Cats Life During A Disaster​[/article]  

Woohooo! I did it! :D

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Whilst we're vaguely on the subject of computers (ok - I know I'm stretching it a bit
) I'm thinking of getting a netbook or laptop myself. I don't need anything fancy - just word processing and Internet. I'm on a tight budget too. Thoughts, anyone?
Oh boy, did you ever open a can of worms here!  I am strictly a Mac person, having had one PC after another fail on me.  In contrast, only one Mac ever died and it was a fluke involving an electrical storm.  But they are $$$$$$.  I actually went without a computer for years until my daughter finally took pity on me and sent me her old reject.   So going used might be one way to get one.  For PC info, hopefully someone else has better ideas!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Ok, I've got a trick to share with the class. This will not work on a phone unless you are in desktop.

Go to the main "cat lounge" page. See the babble thread? See the number of replies? Click on the number and it will tell you who has posted in the thread and how many times. Click on one of the numbers in that list and it will show you the posts. :).

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy, did you ever open a can of worms here!  I am strictly a Mac person, having had one PC after another fail on me.  In contrast, only one Mac ever died and it was a fluke involving an electrical storm.  But they are $$$$$$.  I actually went without a computer for years until my daughter finally took pity on me and sent me her old reject.   So going used might be one way to get one.  For PC info, hopefully someone else has better ideas!
:lol3: Computers can create the kind of heated debate usually reserved for the nutrition forum then?! ;)

I've never used anything by Apple - Dad's always used Microsoft based systems, and I haven't had my own computer since college (housemate used it, it got a fatal virus and I never replaced it).

I love the aesthetic of Apple products, but I'm not very tech savvy and am worried about trying to learn a totally new system...

*off to try AbbysMom AbbysMom 's new trick*

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Ok, I've got a trick to share with the class. This will not work on a phone unless you are in desktop.

Go to the main "cat lounge" page. See the babble thread? See the number of replies? Click on the number and it will tell you who has posted in the thread and how many times. Click on one of the numbers in that list and it will show you the posts.
I'm having problems with this but I'm not so technosavy so bear with me, please! 

Is the "cat lounge page" the Home page?  Because that is all I ca find and it has the Babbling Thread on it, but clicking on the number does not give me any info.  HALP!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My husband's company uses Lenova laptops and he likes them enough that he bought one for personal use. :)

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Computers can create the kind of heated debate usually reserved for the nutrition forum then?!

I've never used anything by Apple - Dad's always used Microsoft based systems, and I haven't had my own computer since college (housemate used it, it got a fatal virus and I never replaced it).

I love the aesthetic of Apple products, but I'm not very tech savvy and am worried about trying to learn a totally new system...

*off to try @AbbysMom's new trick*
Well, one of the big selling points of Macs for me when I first got into computers was that they were more user friendly than PCs.  I don't think that's true any longer though so I can totally understand why you'd want to stick with Microsoft. 

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Go to the main "cat lounge" page. See the babble thread? See the number of replies? Click on the number and it will tell you who has posted in the thread and how many times. Click on one of the numbers in that list and it will show you the posts. :).
Holy guacamole. I thought that was one of those fancy mod thing. Now I'm totally going to every huge thread and stalking the most posters. :lol3:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Woohoo! Someone - other than me - using the embed tool! 

You embedded a thread though. Next, can you embed an article about litterbox problems?
[thread="290275"]Whats For Dinner 2015​[/thread]

Huh. I didn't know that snazzy little trick.
You learn something knew every day.
A trick I knew nothing about and despite others obviously learning here I remain clueless...  
    I may just go hide under my bed or something.  

Heyyy.... I use the tool often.
Don't I get a pat in the back too?
 [article="22375"]Purr Fect Fence  [/article]

There are lots of not-so-exposed articles to find via the embed tool. I'm still finding new ones I've never seen.
And this being about to find new articles by embed tool method just baffles me even more.  

I'd like to think that being on a laptop is a good excuse for being so baffled but that usually makes things easier on TCS so I'm not holding out much hope here @Handsome Kitty  . 

Status
Not open for further replies.