Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband bought a haircutting kit last month so he doesn't have to go for cuts anymore, I do it now. It's easy enough, mostly just clippers.

It's going to be a nice weekend. I'm taking my kids to get their pictures done tomorrow and there's a folk festival on here all weekend.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm tired today (as usual). This thread is already getting dangerously addictive though :lol: Asha does not approve. 'Mom, quite typing and talk to me.'

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got such a good haircut yesterday that it is still in place fresh out of bed this morning. I love my lowlights and highlights. I stick with my hairdresser. She is worth keeping.:nod:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so annoyed with Petco. 
 Henry has decided that he only wants to eat the Soulistic Good Karma and Harvest Sunrise. He WAS my good eater but it seems that Lilith the queen diva got into his head and convinced him that picky is better. He turns his nose up at everything else. OK fine. If that's what he wants, that's what I'll give him. 

Last week, I went into Petco and they were almost out. I bought everything they had. Then I went home and ordered a case of each. The order shows up yesterday and instead of the Harvest Sunrise, there's a case of Pure Bliss (tuna in gravy) in the box. It wasn't pure bliss for me. They very rarely eat any fish. I called them and the girl couldn't access the orders but took my info and said they'd send me a case expedited. I got an email today that a case of Good Karma is on the way. That's NOT what was missing.  I'm annoyed but I'll make it work. I keep little cubes of frozen plain pumpkin in a freezer bag that I can thaw and add to the GK. He likes that too. I asked her what to do with the Pure Bliss. She said that the email will tell me if they are going to have UPS pick it up. It doesn't say anything about it. I am not making a special trip to the store to return food I didn't order. If they don't say anything I am going to donate it to the shelter that I got Henry from. it's very close to work.  I bet the cats there would appreciate it. There's 8 5.5 oz cans. It won't last  very long but it will be a nice treat for them. I'll call it making lemonade out of lemons (adding vodka to my own glass) 

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey @FhiCat
 , did you try freeking out that woman or did Jed warn you off scaring your new neighbours?   I'm not sure I'd like having windows where anyone walking past could see in and start talking to me or the cat! :disturb:
Unfortunately, no. I think she scared *him* off. :lol3: Because he came running back to me after a minute or her cooing at him.

I have the blinds up, but the light is still visible from behind the blinds, and from the outside you can see the silhouette of a cat clearly sitting between the blinds and the window (on the windowsill).

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats love to look out the window. Years ago, there was a hurricane coming. We took the two cats and my dad and drove further inland all day long to a large city. The room had two beds so Dad was in the room with us. That night I woke up. One cat was on the window sill guarding the parking lot. The other one was on the TV. They looked like they were keeping watch while we slept. Any one who has lived their whole life without a cat has missed one of life's most precious blessings.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely. Cats are a joy and a blessing. A life without cats is a good deal poorer :nod: My house doesn't feel like a home without a few cats and dogs around the place.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately, no. I think she scared *him* off.
Because he came running back to me after a minute or her cooing at him.

I have the blinds up, but the light is still visible from behind the blinds, and from the outside you can see the silhouette of a cat clearly sitting between the blinds and the window (on the windowsill).
So she was just talking to a silhouette of a cat? That's pretty creepy. I admit it though. If I saw a cat sitting in an open window that I was walking past, I'd say hello to it. I wouldn't hang around and say it over and over but i would say hello once in passing. I say hello to dogs in yards. Squirrels and rabbits that I see when I'm out with the dog. Basically, all animals get a greeting from me. 

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rose get away from my coffee , I say . No I may not walk away . Cause your little face will be in the way , of me attempting to take a sip . Cause of you I might tip, and spill my wonderful cup of coffee.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So she was just talking to a silhouette of a cat? That's pretty creepy. I admit it though. If I saw a cat sitting in an open window that I was walking past, I'd say hello to it. I wouldn't hang around and say it over and over but i would say hello once in passing. I say hello to dogs in yards. Squirrels and rabbits that I see when I'm out with the dog. Basically, all animals get a greeting from me. :lol3:
Now you've given me an idea. I'm going to buy one of those life-sized cat statue and put it on the window sill and record how many people come to talk to it.

I say hello to animals too. There used to be a really pretty calico who sits by the window in another apartment unit. I pass by that unit everyday when I take out the trash. I'd stop for a few seconds to make faces at her or wave at her.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So much for me just having the three cats I have left. I had an abandoned baby show up about 4 days ago, that I know of, and now he has been introduced to my others and a new member of my family. I will post pictures soon.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Be careful of cats sitting in open windows. We had cat net in the windows before getting Pet Screen. You know all those jokes about dogs and mailmen? I warned our mailman not to put his hand up to Jamie (our last cat) if he was sitting in the kitchen window. Guess who got bitten by a cat?

tuxxiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's time for yet another - 

:blobpink: :blobturq: :banana1: TCS Babbling Contest :clap: :blobyello :blobblue:

Let's see if we can break out own TCS record of babbling this month. We're shooting for a whopping 1500 posts thread! 

How to Win

It's simple - just post away! Interact in the thread and have fun, and you could just win if you post certain posts in the thread.

To win, you have to be the one making one of these posts:  #500, #1000 or #1500!

Your post has to meet the contest rules, as detailed below. It if doesn't, it will be disqualified and the prize will move on one post (for example, if post #500 doesn't meet the contest rules, we'll choose post #501 instead).
View media item 283213

Make post #500 to win:

A 3 months forum membership, and

A TCS Tee shirt!

Make post #1000 to win:

A 6 months forum membership, and

A TCS Tee shirt!

Make post #1500 for the grand prize package:

A 6 months forum membership

A TCS Tee shirt 

An assortment of cat toys from Cat Dancer (Cat Dancer Original + Cat Charmer + Catnip Cat Dancer  + Cat Dancer Ringtail Chaser + Cat Dancer Whisker Chasers + Cat Dancer Bowtie Chaser)

To make things fair and fun, a single member can win once in this contest. If a member has won, he/she will be more than welcome to keep on babbling with us here but if they end up the next winning post, we'll move up one post to choose another winner.

The Rules

1. Minimum of 15 words per post. Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.

2. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts. Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still expect you to communicate with your fellow members.

4.Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

The contest ends on midnight of Thursday July 30th, or once we reach 1500 posts. Whichever comes first. This is a HUGE challenge for us as a community. Last time we played, it took us three weeks to reach 1000 posts. Will we make it to 1500 posts in three weeks now?

Note: if we don't make it to 1500 posts by July 30th, the thread will be closed for further submissions at the end of that day and we'll pick a random winner from the thread. That means you could possibly still win, even if you just made post #xxx in the thread.

Let's get the thread rolling! Good morning posts and positive thoughts to start this off with are very welcome! Just make sure they follow the rules!

Mrr-ow to everyone! I'm Tuxxie, brand new to the site. I came looking for advice for my #6 cat, uh...Tuxxie! Sadly there's just too much info when it comes to cat digestive issues and I'm still stymied. But will keep on looking and hoping to fix, er, control the issue!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now you've given me an idea. I'm going to buy one of those life-sized cat statue and put it on the window sill and record how many people come to talk to it.

I say hello to animals too. There used to be a really pretty calico who sits by the window in another apartment unit. I pass by that unit everyday when I take out the trash. I'd stop for a few seconds to make faces at her or wave at her.
Someone in town has a pair of life size great danes 'guarding' their house. They're always dressed differently according to weather and local events - they have rainhats and capes, cosy hats and scarves for winter, various coloured neckerchieves etc. We always look to see their latest fashion statement when we pass by!

Welcome to TCS tuxxiecat tuxxiecat :wavey:

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am much more likely to say hi to animals that I see while walking. I even say hi to dogs on leash and receive strange looks from their owners. For one of the dog and human pairs in the neighborhood, I know the dogs name, but not the name of the man walking him.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's time for yet another - 

:blobpink: :blobturq: :banana1: TCS Babbling Contest :clap: :blobyello :blobblue:

Let's see if we can break out own TCS record of babbling this month. We're shooting for a whopping 1500 posts thread! 

How to Win

It's simple - just post away! Interact in the thread and have fun, and you could just win if you post certain posts in the thread.

To win, you have to be the one making one of these posts:  #500, #1000 or #1500!

Your post has to meet the contest rules, as detailed below. It if doesn't, it will be disqualified and the prize will move on one post (for example, if post #500 doesn't meet the contest rules, we'll choose post #501 instead).
View media item 283213

Make post #500 to win:

A 3 months forum membership, and

A TCS Tee shirt!

Make post #1000 to win:

A 6 months forum membership, and

A TCS Tee shirt!

Make post #1500 for the grand prize package:

A 6 months forum membership

A TCS Tee shirt 

An assortment of cat toys from Cat Dancer (Cat Dancer Original + Cat Charmer + Catnip Cat Dancer  + Cat Dancer Ringtail Chaser + Cat Dancer Whisker Chasers + Cat Dancer Bowtie Chaser)

To make things fair and fun, a single member can win once in this contest. If a member has won, he/she will be more than welcome to keep on babbling with us here but if they end up the next winning post, we'll move up one post to choose another winner.

The Rules

1. Minimum of 15 words per post. Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.

2. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts. Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still expect you to communicate with your fellow members.

4.Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

The contest ends on midnight of Thursday July 30th, or once we reach 1500 posts. Whichever comes first. This is a HUGE challenge for us as a community. Last time we played, it took us three weeks to reach 1000 posts. Will we make it to 1500 posts in three weeks now?

Note: if we don't make it to 1500 posts by July 30th, the thread will be closed for further submissions at the end of that day and we'll pick a random winner from the thread. That means you could possibly still win, even if you just made post #xxx in the thread.

Let's get the thread rolling! Good morning posts and positive thoughts to start this off with are very welcome! Just make sure they follow the rules!

Mrr-ow to everyone! I'm Tuxxie, brand new to the site. I came looking for advice for my #6 cat, uh...Tuxxie! Sadly there's just too much info when it comes to cat digestive issues and I'm still stymied. But will keep on looking and hoping to fix, er, control the issue!
Hello and welcome to the site! :wavey: Have you checked out our Health and Nutrition forums?

http://www.thecatsite.com/f/4/cat-health

http://www.thecatsite.com/f/64/cat-nutrition

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NewYork1303 NewYork1303 That gets so embarrassing :lol3: There are way too many people round here who I know solely as so and so's mum or dad - both dog people and horse people. It's fine until you run into a third party and have to make introductions...

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my youngest first started talking at around age 4 he would always greet people's pets but not his friends.  He would get upset if the pet ignored his greeting.  Fun times!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate not remembering people's names. I am far worse at remembering my coworkers names then the names of other people's pets, even after hearing them only once.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would you rather have a smart phone or a dumb tough phone?

LOL I have an OLD phone... I mean really OLD. All it does is text and call. It's a "dumb" phone LOL. Anyway, I left it in my pants pocket last night when I washed clothes and found it this morning. I just knew it was a goner. I took it apart and left it on the dash in my car (I didn't have any rice) to dry out for a couple of hours and just put it back together and IT WORKED!!!!!!!

I am totally shocked. I was getting ready to buy me another phone but now I think I just wanna keep this one. It may be DUMB but it sure is tough!!!!  

Status
Not open for further replies.