Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskancathouse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've never participated in a babbling thread but ... I know how fast I type, and I know what a blabbermouth I am soooo ... this should be fun!  

I was going to color my hair today too!  GMTA!  Or, GCLTA!  (figger it out! lol)  I forgot to pick up the box of stuff when we went to town though.    
    I'm going out tonight to Alice's Champagne Palace to watch some friends dance in a big burlesque show!  I never go out anymore so this should be a blast!  I know this much, those gals really do get into the ol' bump and grind!    
    Saw them perform last summer and was wondering ... 'wonder how can I get involved?'  First, lose a few wrinkles and years!  I think I'll stay in the audience, and party!  Who knows, I may get lucky and meet some new friends!  Stringy, dishwater blonde hair or not!

And, Mommy Emma is doing so well with her kittens that I don't fear leaving her alone with them.  I got a scare and a half when she wouldn't eat or drink though!  I still think she was simply wore out, and suffering from feline postpartum depression.  I mean, wouldn't YOU if you were just a sweet, young thang, out on your first date - then find yourself knocked up, and giving birth to five lil stinkpots whom you must feed ... and feed ... and feeeeed!?!    

I think I'll start the evening out with a very very cold martini!  

alaskancathouse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can we see the OLD babbling thing? I'm not sure what to do ... go to the last entry and start talking/typing/texting whatever is the last thing being talked about?

Last edited:

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Catness and Rose got in a squabble today for the first time they are 3 years old and 3 1/2 yrs old I wonder what about ? Have never heard them yowl quite like that before hope it doesn't happen again. Wonder if it was territorial since I'd just mopped the kitchen and they where both in the living room. Plus all the kitchen stuff was in the living room so they where double frustrated (shrug) . Hope it doesn't continue I'm no where near a big city where I could call upon the famous Jackson Galaxy to solve my problems. LOL

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen his show.  The man travels to see cats now! 

I should clean my floors too, but the cat attacks the mop.  He is getting braver w/ the vacuum too.  Instead of hiding he stands his ground and swats at it!

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I need to vacuum but a piece from underneath the dirt devil came off. DH hasn't had a chance to look at it he's at work. It's windy and stormy here outside might rain.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just about to take Eclipse out for a walk and it started raining.  Now everything is wet.  Wish I had taken  him out earlier, now I feel guilty. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Carrot out for his walk after it rained once. He looked at me all horrified like "mom you can't be serious!"

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this morning we had the road out front of our house being repaved -- very noisy, and the house literally vibrating on it's foundation at times so both snick and jaspurr were a little disturbed by that. i didn't open the windows because of all the noise and hot tar smell.

after the repaving was done, it was late morning. i gave snick her sub-q's and while i did that the rain started -- so no windows were opened. kitties looked disappointed.

it finally did stop raining around mid-afternoon or so, but no sunshine and it was cool outside (about 64 degrees F was the high today). i did open a couple windows partway, to give snick and jaspurr some fresh air and so they could sit and look out the window on the cat shelf.

on the bright side, if tomorrow turns out as forecast it should be sunny and a high of around 79 degrees F. this means windows wide open (there are screens in the windows), and lots of fresh air and laying on the window sills looking outside all day for snick and jaspurr!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats love sitting at the windows when they are open. They literally spend hours sitting next to them when the weather is nice.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This babbling contest is lots of fun. I am really anxious to see what is on everybody's mind that they just babble away about. It is going to come in real handy for me because I am dealing with some issues that are stressful and making me feel like a babbling nut.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else have a cat that plays fetch? Our new kitten has been doing this with her crinkle balls basically since right after we got her. We definitely didn't train her to do it, but she'll bring them right back so we can throw them for her again. 

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Speaking of cutting your husband's hair..... my DH's mom always cut his hair.....til he married me. Then guess who gets to do it.[emoji]128545[/emoji] Not really my favorite thing to do. One year I went on strike and it got longgggg. While we were on vacation my sister and niece had mercy on him and cut it.:lol: Her daughter, one son and husband all have extremely curly hair. All she has to do is bring out the clippers[emoji]128521[/emoji]

kitty kisser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I fixed the vacuum all by myself ! The piece actually just snapped back in don't know how it came out but didn't need any screws. Now vacuum smells like something is burning if it's not one thing it's another.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat is sitting on the windowsill. There's a creepy woman outside going "Hi kitty kitty! Hiiiiiii kiiiiiiiiiittyyyyyy!" I'm thinking of trolling her by going up to the window and saying "You called?"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@FhiCat  ; you should go to the window and meow. 

It's after midnight here but I'm going to go scrub a bathroom because I'm expecting company this weekend.  Maybe by the time I'm done the clutter fairy will have come back and taken all of the stuff that she left on the table, desk and kitchen counter.  

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a dishwasher fairy who loads the dishwasher and cleans the counters.

So I caved and took Eclipse out at dusk tonight.  The rain had dried up and he was so hopeful every time I went into the kitchen.  Running to the door his bell giving a jaunty little jingle.

Does anyone know the 'cat etiquette' for if you cat catches a mouse or bird while you are walking him on a leash?  When Eclipse goes after a grasshopper or cricket I just wait until he is done playing with it and eats it. (takes forever)  Do I have to let him eat them, can I pull him away?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The clutter fairy let me down.  

When we moved in our house we had crickets inside.  The girls thought it was great!  I never let them eat them though.  Our house was finished about 8 months before we bought it; so I assume that was why the crickets were able to get in here.  Our builder was a really neat older gentleman who had been in the business since he was a teenager.  I believe he was in his early 80s.  We met his wife at the closing and she was just adorable in her floral dress with pink beads that matched the flowers in her dress.  She may have had pink shoes too.  That was 6 years ago at the end of June.  Time flies!

But no; I don't let them eat what they catch if it's a big bug.  They do eat flies.  They are indoors only so they don't get much opportunity for anything else.  It grosses me out to see the legs and what not.  My mother and I lived in an apartment when I was 2-8 years old.  It was right next to the boiler room and we'd get crickets all the time.  Our cat was great about hunting them; but she'd leave the legs in my mother's bed (where I loved to sleep).  I can still remember the feeling of finding them with my legs when I'd slide into bed.  It gives me the heebie jeevies! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@AlaskanCatHouse   I'm sure you could read the old babbling thread but it should come with a health warning - seriously bizaar and very funny. 
   Babbling is easy, anyone can do it. 

Hey @FhiCat  , did you try freeking out that woman or did Jed warn you off scaring your new neighbours?   I'm not sure I'd like having windows where anyone walking past could see in and start talking to me or the cat! 

I'm not sure about pulling a cat away from something when they are out on a leash @Handsome Kitty  , usually it's better to allow them the time they want.  If you don't want them eating the bug or simply want to get a move on you might be better trying to con the bug off them and throwing it so they have to make a move to catch their prey again?   Not that I'd fancy getting my fingers on a halof chewed cricket... 

Mouse is indoor so he goes for bugs in the house big time:  at least he gets that they're not little furry friends unlike any mice he meets. 

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not much of a babbler, but this thread sounds like fun.  Bringing back the hair subject, I'm going to a cut and colour tomorrow.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE - Making two posts in a row is against the rules.

Can we see the OLD babbling thing? I'm not sure what to do ... go to the last entry and start talking/typing/texting whatever is the last thing being talked about?

The beauty of the babble thread is you can post anything. Anything at all that you want to say (within the forum rules ;) ) is fine. It doesn't have to followup on anything anyone else has said. :) I just happened to mention I was having my hair done yesterday and it was a popular topic. :lol3:

Status
Not open for further replies.