Awwwwwww, need some adoption vibes!!!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wondering how her trip went and how she's doing. I'm so sorry that it was such a sad trip for you and DH, though. Can't wait to get an update on her from your BIL.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for asking. Yes, yesterday was terribly sad. The one GOOD thing about her leaving was the fact that she decided she'd start chasing my cats when I let her out of the crate yesterday morning. You can imagine how that went over with me, so I knew, in more ways than one, it was time for her to go bye-bye. Still, watching her emotionally shut down was just heartbreaking.
We felt like SCUM!

Annabelle is home in sunny CA. First off, she's been renamed---Bailey. She got to CA right on time and my SIL met her with a cousin along for help. My BIL was in Alaska at a funeral.

Annabelle popped out of the crate and tinkled on the grass while still at the airport. We then began getting photos about every 10-15 minutes. LOL She met my FIL and MIL, who live with my SIL and BIL, the neighbors (they came running out and squealing, still in their jammies) and her fur-sister Muffin. All went well.

Within an hour, she'd found the bed and had a nap. We got a vid this morning of her destroying a toy! LOL Martin arrived home around noon today, and is currently sleeping in the big bed with her. He is in love!
In fact, he's taking tomorrow off work so he can "bond." We've already demanded a family portrait!

They've discovered all the "negative" things we warned them about concerning her. She's a door diver, she drools profusely when stressed and she has a tendency to destroy soft fluffy things, magazines, etc. Still, when you take on a "used dog," issues are inevitable, and they understand.

Will post the photo when I get it.

Take care,

C

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's no difference when adopting a dog than a cat. You've got to dog-proof and they teach you how to clean up!
So glad she's already loved and so very wanted!