Awwwwwww, need some adoption vibes!!!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so heartwarming that he's so excited! Sounds like the rescue is thorough as well, which is also a good thing. When he rents a car, most won't rent for out of state travel other than surrounding states and most don't allow pets in the car. Check on all that before he makes too many plans.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, after all the hoopla last week, I thought things were a sure thing. Not so fast...my SIL suddenly got cold feet.

I felt TERRIBLE.

Toward midweek, we got another call from Martin, and he said they'd passed the vet check and the application was completed.
However, his delay had possibly cost him the dog, as the Arizona couple were now in the top spot. They had until Friday 5 pm to accept her. The waiting and nailbiting began, and supposedly my SIL was/is spending much time during the day watching the slideshow I'd made of Annabelle, and crying.

Last night, Martin called. ANNABELLE IS HIS!!!!
We are now in the process of getting transportation arranged, as he decided simply to airship her via American Airlines. Nothing is easy, though, as he has a funeral to attend in Alaska this week and he wants to be able to pick her up from the airport. I keep saying, "It needs to be soon, while it's still cool!" but no one is listening!

So, now the vibes need to be changed to "Please let everyone get on the same page and get Annabelle to her FOREVER home!" Ideally, I'd like her to come here Wed or Thursday so we can get her shined up and then ship her Sat or Sunday of next week. Strike while the iron's hot and we have a long weekend!

Anyway, that's news of the moment. I'll keep you posted.

Cally

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YEAH, it was meant to be!!! So happy for Annabelle and she will have a wonderful new forever home!! More vibes for her flight to Martin...

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been watching for an update and I'm so happy to read this! Hooray for Martin and for Annabelle!!!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, new update. It looks like we're going to bring her home to us on Wed or Thurs and then take her to the airport on Sat morning. We'll have to leave here around 4:30 a.m.! UGH

She'll be in CA by 10 am. Martin will be in Alaska, but my SIL will pick up Annabelle in CA with the help of her BIL. Martin will have to wait until Sunday to meet his new little girl!

He talked to me on the phone and is just so happy! It's so nice to hear it. Martin is a true dog lover.

More when she gets here!

C

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Annabelle arrived around 6 tonight, and will stay with us until Saturday when she'll fly to CA to her forever home. She was great in the car, so says my hub.

She did her business as soon as she got here, and then went out back to meet my dogs. They are being very cautious around each other, and Sally, my alpha, is a little bent out of shape. Amazingly, Annabelle pays no real attention at all to the cats, although they are VERY curious about her.

We furminated a huge pile of hair off of her, and gave her a scrubbing in the backyard using the hose hooked up to the laundry room sink. The suds were tan as we washed her. She's now in her crate in the kitchen, as she can't seem to stay off the furniture. She acts like she knows what a house is and made a beeline for the comfiest chair.

A few photos. Freshly bathed:

Brillo watching Annabelle:

Ziggy being brave (he won't leave her alone!):

And a pitiful one. I took her in the house after this photo as she seemed really emotionally worn out:

It will be an interesting 2 days, to be sure...

Thanks for looking.

C

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, she's adorable!! So glad she's at your home now and starting to live a life of luxury!

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the pics. Feels good knowing the pretty doggie is going to a loving home.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh she looks lovely all cleaned up. What a sweet face she has. I'm so glad another dog is out of a shelter and will be into the arms of a loving owner for the rest of her days. God love her.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww
, she couldn't be in a more loving home! No doubt in my mind that if she needs help adjusting, Ziggy and Brillo will help as best they can

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she slept all night in her crate and didn't make a peep. We took her for a 1/2 mile walk at 5:30 this morning, I brushed another pile of fur out of her, and she had breakfast. Finally she ate something. She's been eating "junk" at the kennel and refused food last night.

She's resting in her crate right now. She wags her tail at the cats but doesn't seem to care for my dogs, especially Sally, much at all. Hope that doesn't go for ALL dogs, as she has a "sister," Muffin, waiting for her in CA. I've already suggested to my in-laws that she be enrolled in obedience classes right away.

She's also had one pee accident. She pees A LOT so will have the vet check that today. Have to get her health certificate so she can fly. She also has very irritated eyes...sigh. Just glad I don't have to pay these bills!

Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, she's a pretty and very LUCKY, girl.

C

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, what a pretty and patient gal she is! It is all so new to her.

Once she gets in a routine, she will blossom. Give her a few hugs from me for being a brave girl and finally getting a home she deserves.

You are great for going through all this for your bil. But, he is a good guy!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if the stress is making her pee inappropriately and also drink more than normal?? I wonder if she's never been allowed to interact with other dogs, too. Lots for her to learn, but with love and patience, she'll get there. I agree, once things calm down and she gets into a routine, she'll blossom. Glad you're taking such good care of her in her temporary "shelter".

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She went to the vet and was a perfect angel. The vet was smitten and said he was sorry Texas was losing such a great dog. LOL

I did some reading on Anatolians and apparently they are slow to warm up to dogs with whom they haven't been raised. They choose people or animals to guard, and like to keep their emotional distance from other dogs. Guess that explains why she likes the cats so much.

We drove by a herd of goats on the way home. She just looked blankly. She's SO over the herding stuff!

C

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So by my calculations, your alarm clock should be going off anytime now, and you'll be off to send Annabel to the coast! I'm so happy for all of you!
Make sure your brother-in-law takes lots of pictures for us when she gets to her forever home!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, not so fast! Annabelle is scheduled to fly on Saturday, so we have one more day of caregiving with her. Yesterday she had a breakthrough with my alpha dog and they attempted some play, although Sally got overwhelmed with Annabelle's energy and strength. We discovered Annabelle loves toys, and I was happy I'd bought her one to play with here and take on the plane with her.

Annabelle is in LOOOOOOOOVE with Ziggy. She looks for him all the time, and now has progressed to bathing him. He's being a good sport about it all, although he does seem a little confused about the bathing.

I'm a little sad, as she seems to have bonded with us already, and I guess I have bonded to her as well. It is upsetting to know how confused and scared she'll be tomorrow and probably for the next couple of days. Of course I worry a little as well.

Lastly, she's learned to do this very well, and seems to really enjoy it:

Thanks for looking!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We dropped Annabelle at the airport this morn and she should be about 1/3 of the way to CA by now. We planned to stay in the city and do shopping, etc, but both dh and I were too sad, and came on home.

Annabelle was so happy this morning when she got up. However, with all the travel and stress, we could only stand helplessly and watch her retreat into her "shell." She totally shut down and wouldn't even look at me when we left.

Needless to say, I cried all the way home. I hope we did right by her. I know her new mom and dad are so anxious to meet her.

I could NEVER foster pets....
I have TOTAL respect for those of you who do!

Sorry to be a downer. Will update again when I have happier news.

C